Answered

Array channel as app-out function

Jan Gillesen 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 9

Is it possible or will it be possible to feed a complete array channel through an app-out / app-in function? We cannot manage to do so right now.

Using an array channel we could combine a lot of low priority data into a single app-out.

( We've tried using a parallel J1939 can line in the software but cannot combine it with a master and diagnostics line. )

Completed

Measure & Adjust Groups - Appearance Customisation - MD4

Nick Pridham 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4
I had a Human Factors change request on a project: The request relates to viewing lists of measure and adjust values on the MD4 screen.

1. Theme choices: Example alternative lines show white text black background then black text with white background as a way of making long lists more readable.
  2. Font size and colour

Answered

IQAN Design 3.15

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 1
When is 3.15 being released? We are keen to have the fix for the latching button issue on the MD4 display?
Answer
IQANdesign 3.15 is planned for release in about a week, January 29 to be exact. The latching button issue has been fixed and will be part of the 3.15 release.
Answered

How to get text over images in IQAN Design 2.63?

Doug Coutlee 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 3
I am using IQAN Design 2.63 and I am trying to figure out how to get text to show up on top of images on the screen. No matter how I have the order set in the "Set Order" window, text always hides behind images.

Image 164

Automatic entry of State machine labels when used as module input

Jean-Marc Zanni 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated 9 years ago 3
When a state machine or state parameter is defined as a module input you have to manually add all the states. It would be nice if we could at least automatically import them from the previous layer. Would save tons of programming time.
I can understand that someone may want the ability to have different description for each state, but it is pain fully slow to re-create each states.
Answered

Showing a "PDF Loading" Message or Some Indication on MD4

Daniel Grant 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 2

Our customer is impressed by the PDF capability, but wants some way to see that the PDF is loading.

I want to have my "User Manual" button to do one of the following things:
  1. Have the button stay in a pressed state until the PDF loads up.
  2. Use a separate VDIN that commands the PDF to open up.
  3. Show a message indicating that it is loading.
Any help would be very appreciated!

XC10 output high in software but low directly on module

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 7

We experienced a similar issue with output energisation that was corrected in 3.16 but this is slightly different.

System is 1 MD4 with XC10 as expansion, 1 MC3 and 1 MC3 with XC10 expansion. We have logic that switches a single DOUT on XC10 expansion connected to MD4. This logic is handled in MD4 application. With a delay on of 500ms or less the output on XC10 remains low on module (tested using multimeter) but IQAN design when connected says high.

If I increase delay on to 1000ms the output switches on and voltage present on XC10 module using multimeter.

Its almost as if the MD4 is sending a command to energise output before XC10 has booted?

I have rigged up single MD4 and XC10 on the bench but been unable to replicate, perhaps cycle time of the software could be the issue? Running IQAN Design 3.19.

Answered

rotating picture

Masia Jean-Baptiste 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 10
Hello

It is possible to rotate a picture with a mathematical function ?

best regard
Fixed

Unsuccessful MD4 program update using IQAN Design 3.15

Manny 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 6
Hello all, 

New to forum. Looking forward to all the knowledge base available here. 

To kick it off, I have encountered a situation where loading of an IQAN Design program from version 3.15 into an MD4 proves unsuccessful. IQAN Design will load firmware resources 21/21 and gets hung up on "Waiting on MD4". While on the MD4, there is a blue screen with the last line of text saying "CRC OK". I've let it sit there for 20 minutes with no change in status.

However, when loading a IQAN Design program from version 3.11 (have not tested 3.12 - 3.14) to the same MD4, no blue screen. Is this is a known bug and will it be addressed in 3.16? Is there a workaround in the meantime? 

Thank you all in advance and once again, looking forward to forum. 

-Manny
Fixed

event counter reset reverting to the wrong number - suspicious possibility

Zach 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 18
Does anyone else seem to have a gremlin changing your event counter reset values?

It has happened a few times to me.