Fixed

Qcode error symbol on wrong line

Pierre Fagrell 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

When scrolling in a Qcode function with errors the red warning squares do not end up at the correct line.

It would be very helpful to have this when fixing a copied function with many Undefined variables.

Image 1993

Expired License after unccessful connection

Antonio Garcia 4 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 4

Hello,

After trying using a license from order PAR200320-9387-12132, by means of Android IQANSync, G11 in the system, and a remote connection from IQANDesign, connection was automatically refused by the system because the master unit was not properly configured to accept remote connections.

Being so, a well configured application was sent to the local technician, so he could send it directly from his smartphone to the machine, once again by means of iqanSync and G11.

He tried from several smartphones, but it was impossible to update the application locally ( due to different kind of connection errors), so in the end it was impossible to stablish a successful remote connection.

Because of that, the license wasn’t really used for its purpose, apart from trying initialising the connection...you can check it if you can. The thing is it was consumed.

I think, even if some sort of comunnication was used for initialicing the remote connection, the licenses shouldn't be consumed until a properly connection was stablished. i.e, after connection authoritation from the master. And not from the very first bit send or received.

Thanks.

QReplace

J C. Crow 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

What is the proper syntax for the QCode MEM functions. I am trying to use QAdd, QSubtract, and QReplace. In some instances I want add 1, subtract 1, or jump to a predefined value based on four IDC channel status. 

Answered

IQAN run for PC without licence

Kristjan Kuusk 4 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

Does our clients can install IQAN Run for free to computer without licence key? Like they can do with tablet.

'Compare with' scrolling bug

Joe 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated 4 years ago 2

When comparing two applications, the scroll bar on the far left does not work properly. If you drag the scroll thumb down a bit (50% or so) and click to the left of it to access the page where the discrepancy lies, you end up back at the top of the page. You may have to drag it down a couple of times and click to the left to see what I am talking about.

IQANdesign 5.07 released

Version 5.07 is now released, with a subset of the updates from IQANdesign 6.02.

Feature update

New Qcode keyword ”This”

Sometimes a calculation channel needs to refer to its own value from the previous cycle. Previously, this was done using the channel name, now the keyword This can be used.

Example:

//Blink, use IDC delay-on and delay-off to set the duration
Result := not(This)

Other:

Various bug fixes, see release notes:

http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/iqan/Downloads/IQANdesign%205/ReleaseNotes5.07.1.htm

http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/iqan/Downloads/IQANrun%205/ReleaseNotes5.07.1.htm

Iqan MG

AOL 4 years ago updated 4 years ago 1

startspärr aktiv 

Gen. A Hoger  OFF

Gen. B Mittem

Errors on Iqan MG module

Show send/get options dialog for IQANrun

Pawel Pekala 4 years ago in IQANscript updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

When default FP value change or needs to be corrected during program development, IQAN design allows you to overwrite original defaults when sending new program file. This would be a helpful option to have in IQAN Run. 

Image 1985

Image 1983

Image 1986

Answered

Public Scope and cycle utilization

Pawel Pekala 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 6

How public scope channels impact overall cycle utilization and multi master buss load.

Thank you

Paul 

Answer

Public scope means that all other channels within the same master module application can read the channel value and status, regardless of  the function group these other channel are located in. 

(The exception is channels in instances of external functions, these do not see public scope from the main project) 

But by using public (and private) scope, you can reduce the usage of FGI channels. Each FGI use a small amount of time to calculate, when you have hundreds of FGI:s that adds up and there is a potential saving. 

Also see the new 6.02 feature for propagating function group outputs, can be used to eliminate mid-level calculations channels. 

To transfer a channel value and status to an application on another master, you use Master bus APPOUT/APPIN (consuming plenty of bandwith). Or send the value using J1939/Generic CAN. 

Display pages and the menu system can read channel values from any application, this is done automatically via the Diagnostics bus. The update rate is limited, but the diagnostics bus can get to a quite high bus utilziation, a good reason to avoid mixing it with too much other traffic. 

COUT not available due to Pin conflict

Chris Litwin 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated 4 years ago 3

I just encountered a situation in IQANdesign 6.02 where there was an available COUT channel on an XC43, but it does not let me choose it from the Add button. I'm guessing it doesn't show up because it needs to be a unidirectional version, as I am using the other LS as a DOUT HS + LS. If I right click on the channel that appears to be not available I can add it.