Answered

MD4 Localisation

Nick Pridham 4 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

IQAN Design User Manual 6.02 - Page 332

Can the IQAN team please confirm that all of the localisation options described here are available for open configuration in MD4. Specifically, I cannot see how to access menu system texts for translation.

The feature set described on page 332 was available on MDL2 back in 2.63 days.

Answer

As discussed with Nick, 

You can add languages via the language tab, and then edit them via the User interface property tab

Answered

low Vin error not showing back up after power cycle

C. Harp 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 4

I have an issue on a project where a vin error fails to show up after clearing the error and cycling power on the module. Currently the error will fault and show 0 mV on the input as is should, but after acknowledging the message I expect the error message will come back up after i power cycle the module. It fails to show the error again even thought the sensor is still disconnected during the power cycle. 

The only way I can make the error reappear is to reconnect the sensor and then disconnect it. 

Does anyone have ideas on what might be causing this to not show back up after power cycle? It has always worked for me in the past on projects.

Fixed

Improper syntax in IF / Then / Else / Endif Help

Jean-Marc Zanni 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

Just noticed when looking into the Qcode syntax help window, the Help for the IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF appear to be incorrect:

Image 1969

The endIf statement appear to have a space...

Using 6.01.  Not upgraded to 6.02 yet...

Answered

Bluetooth connection

Paulo Negrete 4 years ago in IQANrun updated by Carl 3 years ago 5

Please, anyone know how to do a Bluetooth connection between adapter IQAN-G11 and a Windows PC with IQANRun installed ?

Not reproducible

multiple address on multi component system

fdube 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 9

Hi IQAN Community,

I am working on a multi-component system where there is a MD4-7 connected to an XC23 through a J1939 CAN bus.

Both of these devices have an ID tag corresponding to an address 4. There is no problem during most days, but I do have intermittent errors like the one below.

Any ideas on what causes this error message?

Thanks,

Image 1962

Answered

CAN Module documentation

Peter Nyman 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated 4 years ago 2

Is there a way to print the list with 'name identifier bit offset length..' for a CAN module.
If not it should be implemented and perhaps integrated in the project documentation function.
A copy function so that one could paste for example in excel would also be nice.

Fixed

IQANdesign crash saying "One or more errors occurred", version 6.01

Pierre Fagrell 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

Save your IQANdesign project on a network drive from Windows Server 2019

Right click the folder and select "Always availible offline"

Turn off your wifi and connect network cable to MD4

IQANdesign usually works fine in this setup, but when sending project to MD4 there is a 25% chance of a crash.

When saving a changed project there is a 10% chance of a crash.

This happens most often the first time IQAN is used during the day. I have sent in a few bug reports from the program.

Image 1961

Module name does not update instantly

Kevin 4 years ago in IQANdesign 0

When changing the name on module on 5.06 the name in centre of the page does not update until you move away from the module and back again.

Image 1960

Fixed

dropdown menu access when goes offline after simulation/online mode iQanDesign 6.01.6.5518

David Dufour 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

We are unable to access dropdown menu when we quit simulation until we change the page and come back.

This seem to be the same issue when connected online. The access to dropdown are not refreshed and see to be updated only on page refresh.

Normal ?

DM1 Priority Order

Carl 4 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Hi,

We think it would be a great idea if we select the order that DM1's are transmitted as required. So in the DM1 page, you could select the order say 1 - 10. Then as the DM1's become active, they move to the indicated priority position.

This allows us to show an operator the most important DM1's first. Like if there is a low voltage issue that causes many issues and many DM1's that are not actually the issue so we can promote the low voltage one to the front.