two camera display

BLC 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by andyr 4 years ago 2

Can you display 2 cameras on one MD4 at the same time, like a split screen?

J1939 Comms Between masters

Carl 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

Hi Guys,

Is it still the case that if you have multi PLC's say MD4, MC41, MC42 that to transmit from say the MD4 to the MC42, you have to create a J1939 Generic device copy of each module or is there a better way now? Also, if say we have the engine connected to the MC42 but want to read some engine CAN messages on the MD4, is there an easy way or lots of JPOUTs and JPINS between modules?

How decrement with variable vector function

claudio 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 4 years ago 1

Good morning, in a lifting machine controlled by an MC43, in the software I made counters to decrease the hours of life. Now I have to link this decrease to how much weight I'm moving. I read the weight from can open and turn it into a vector function Then with this I should vary the amount of time in percentage of the weight. That is, with weight 100% decrease 1, with weight 10% decrease 0.1. The question is which function can I use to perform this function?

trouble with decimals in lookup table

sharif 4 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Anyone else having issues entering decimals in a lookup table?  Sometimes the decimal takes, sometimes not.

TSC1 CAN message queue

Ali Idrici 4 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

Hi,

I am trying to implement on iQAN a "TSC handler" and a "TSC1 CAN message queue". Both items are defined in the J1939 standard. This question is open-ended and might not have a simple answer.

Essentially, it is assumed TSC1 CAN messages will sometimes be read by our MD4 at a faster rate than we can process them in our 10 ms cycle time. When this happens (if it does happen), a queue is needed to ensure TSC1 CAN messages that could not be processed during a cycle time are stored and accessible by our TSC handler for processing during the subsequent cycle time. Our queue is expected not to overflow since TSC1 messages have a timeout value within the queue.

Here are my questions:

1. Does iQAN design already have the tool needed to queue CAN message at the software level

2. If not, I am thinking of using the following method:

A. read every input CAN frame and identify new messages (i.e. those that were updated since the last cycle time)

B. copy every new message's data-frame content into an array that is large enough to prevent overflow

C. process as many TSC1 message on the array during the remaining time of the current cycle time period.

then go back to step A when a new cycle time begins.

MP4 or GIF into project?

Kevin 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jonas Bengtsson 4 years ago 1

We would like to import a short video (3-4 seconds) into our MD4 project but cannot find a way to achieve this easily.

It states in IQAN Design that a simple animation can be achieved by inserting several images but we wondered if there was a reason why video had specifically been excluded? If the hardware is capable would it be possible to request inserting this into IQAN Design in the future?

Anyone have any suggestions for a possible solution please? I can break the images down but I'm aware it could be several static images required to form a 3 second clip that isn't too jerky!

Answered

Installing 6.02 Install IqanRun 2?

Jean-Marc Zanni 4 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 4

Recently installed update to IqanRun 6.02 using the Link on Parker page.  It did install 6.02 then it proceeded to install IqanRun 2. 

Any Reason?

Image 1999

User Number Input MD4

Carl 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jonas Bengtsson 4 years ago 1

Hi All,

Is there a nice simple way to have a button on the MD4 display that will pop up a number key pad asking the user to create of change a PIN that doesn't require them knowing the default? The idea is for our radio Bluetooth PIN code. The user just selects four number on the key pad, this is then sent out as a CAN message. We can display the current PIN via CAN in etc.

Pulse count raw value with decimals

Pierre Fagrell 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

I have a pulse counter that I want to read the raw value from. According to the manual I should set:

Max = 1000

Scaled max = 1000

However I still get half pulses, how is this possible?

Image 1994

Fixed

Qcode error symbol on wrong line

Pierre Fagrell 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

When scrolling in a Qcode function with errors the red warning squares do not end up at the correct line.

It would be very helpful to have this when fixing a copied function with many Undefined variables.

Image 1993