Replace channel feature not showing all options

C. Harp 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

I have used the replace channel feature many times in the past and recently noticed that when I tried to replace a DIN, it would not show all of the compatible channels to replace it with. Meaning it will show some IDC's but not all of them. Does anyone else have a similar experience or could tell me if this is a known bug? Currently i am using the latest design 5x. All channels that i want to use as replacements are in the main part of my application logic (not inside a sub function group)

iQAN script 6.01 - Function undefined for if statement

Ali Idrici 4 years ago in IQANscript updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

Hi, 

I am struggling to write a basic iQANscript file which contains if statements or switch cases. Essentially, when I drag & drop an if() box onto my script, the name I give it to - for instance "If (var_bool = True)" - has no effect on the if statement.  In fact, no matter what value I assign to var_bool beforehand, the program will directly go to the associate "else" statement. 

When I check the script file, it gives me the following hint: 

Image 1941

I have consulted the iQANscript documentation but it gives no detailed instruction on how to declare an if statement and associate it to a function. 

Thank you, 

Multiple actions for touch screen buttons

Pawel Pekala 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Edward Polzin 4 years ago 5

It would be a nice feature to have where we could add more touch screen button actions. 

Image 1940

J1939 training information?

Kevin 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated 4 years ago 2

I have some training documents (presentations etc) on CAN Open but we are now using a device connected to IQAN that uses J1939. Are there any presentations or information documents etc that anyone has that a link can be provided for this communication protocol please?

Does anyone have an experience with communication to a proportional valve driver on a J1939 device on IQAN, perhaps a sample project?

Large Quantity of States

Barnhart Crane 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Nick Pridham 4 years ago 1

I'm going to be using a large number of states (30-50) for a state parameter that is user selectable. There will then be some math channels that need to do something different depending on the state selected. 

Are there any performance problems to be expected by having this many states? Or is this totally acceptable?

Answered

Import measure file into simulate

Chris Litwin 4 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

I've been looking through the IQANSimulate documentation, but it's not clear to me on how to correctly setup and use a saved measure file to rerun in simulator. I have one group of measure files that will rerun in simulator, but some I took after do not work. What I'm trying to do is save a measure file, make changes to the project in design, load the measure and updated project in simulate, and then take a new measure in IQANRun or IQANDesign from it. Are there specific things I need to do in order to make this work every time? 

Infared Camera

Austin 4 years ago in IQANdesign 0

I have a need for an infrared camera that will be used with an IQAN MD4-7. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Dither on MC43?

Kevin 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 1

Many years ago we used to have dither control on COUT's, but this was removed a while back i believe. We have an application that requires some dither control on some current outputs from an MC43, can anyone suggest a good way of integrating it? I cant see anything that points towards dither frequency (only PWM frequency) in the module configuration settings?

Fixed

errror reloading file when I use 2500mA

DTD_SIOS 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

If I make a Current out whit max. the value to 2500, if I save it and leave it again I get the error message

Then I have to put the current out on the 2nd, and then it is good again, but after reloading I get the error message again

Answered

iqansimulate application logic

David Dufour 4 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 3

Is it normal to lost the application logic with Iqansimulate V6.01.4.4725 ?

If I load a demo with MD3, I can see it, but lost it when trying from a project with a MD4.

So, I'm able to simulate and change values with iQanDesign, but it's not optimal to push values as I only have a slider.

Is it normal ?

Image 1919