How To Have More Than One DM1?

Carl 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Michael Carlyle 7 years ago 1

Hi Guys,

If I send a DM1 CAN message (PGN 65226) I get all good in CANAnalyzer.

How do I Send another at the same time and have it also appear? I have tried switching the two DM1 Outputs off alternatively but nothing changes in the analyser detection part, only the data stream changes.

What's the correct way to send out multiple DM1's at the same time????

Answered

For Loop

Ted Bort 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jean-Marc Zanni 5 years ago 3

Does IQAN5 support For Loops? I have not found any reference to it in documentation but the IQAN5 Qcode editor autocompletes the word for and provides syntax help for the command:

for
for <variable> := <start> to <end>
next

However when I run my code in the simulator the channel with the for loop shows that it's in an Error state.

IQANdesign 4.07.12

Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 9

An updated IQANdesign 4.07 containing MD4 specific bug-fixes is now available. See release notes for details:

http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/iqan/Downloads/IQANdesign%204/ReleaseNotes4.07.12.htm

The release contains a mix of retro-fixes that were already solved in 5.00, and fixes that will be released in 5.01.

Answered

Decimal To Binary ????

Carl 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

Hi Guys,

Has anyone found a way to convert a decimal to binary?

We are trying to do it so we can take an SPN say SPN 2923 and convert it to binary (101101101011)

We then take this and chop it up to last 3 (011) and copy to a Byte 5 (Bit 6-8) then the next 8 (01101) Byte 4 (Bits 1 - 8) then the last 4 (1101) add 0 to fill (00001101) and copy this to Byte 4. This allows an SPN to be inputted and converted to DM1 to send.

Cheers.

Answered

Creat DM1's To Send Out

Carl 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

Hi Guys,

Can anyone create me a quick sample of how to create a DM1. So far I have a JFOUT with a requirement of PGN of 65226

Byte 1 = 47 (Amber Warning Lamp.)

Byte 2 = 255

Byte 6 Bits 1 - 7 = the Occurrence count so say 5.

Byte 6 Bit 8 = 4 (Conversion Method 4)

What I am stuck on is how to set Bytes 3- 5 to send PGN 65230  and Byte 5 to send an FMI in Bits 1 -5 of 3

cheers!

IQAN 5 JFout send-order change?

Rick 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 3

When we updated from IQAN4 to 5, it seems a couple of things didn't work anymore regarding precise timing of when (J1939) CAN messages our sent.

Problem #1: Sending 2 messages at the same time.

We had 2 messages that should be sent at the exact same time. We simply had the send-method fixed on 250 milliseconds or something. But since IQAN5, the receiver wouldn't get both messages at the same time.

Now we fixed that by using a Trigger instead (using an IDC that pulses every x millisec). But is this a bug, or intended behavior? Maybe CAN frames have random send-offsets to spread them over time, reducing peak-loads?

Problem #2: CRC checksum + Counting

It becomes more problematic on another machine. The receiver (ZF transmission) requires the messages we send to have a CRC checksum byte, and a message-counter byte. Back then, IQAN didn't have the Checksum channels yet, so we made it by hand.

Works in IQAN4, didn't work anymore in IQAN5 (ZF says the messageCounter is wrong). I guess it has something to do with the order of counting and actually sending. Again, could there be some offset that wasn't there before?

As for using the IQAN(5) CRC component, we didn't had success yet. Either our specific method isn't supported, or it suffers from the same counting issue. In this case we need

Image 890

Ethernet to CAN adapter

Joe 7 years ago in IQANdesign 0

I am attempting to integrate the IQAN system (MD4) with a motion logic controller (Rexroth CML75) that uses Ethernet IP.  The IQAN system will handle the basic machine and diesel functions, while the MLC will handle the more complex motion control.  I need to communicate between the two and I am trying to setup an Ethernet IP to CAN gateway.  The issue I am having is that the gateway configuration software requires an .eds file for all CAN devices.  Does anyone know of a way to setup this communication or generate such a file from the Parker system; or possibly use a different ethernet gateway (currently using Anybus X-gateway Master/Slave -Ethernet IP - # AB7306-B)?

Answered

Limiting Function

Carl 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

Hi Guys,

In CodeySys we had a function where we could limit say the voltage input from a sensor etc.

So if we put it too 5% to 95% then no matter how higher or lower the input value was, they would stop at the limited values.

So if input was 100% the actual value out of the function was 95%, if it was 2% then the value out was 5%. is there a function in IQAN the same?

Cheers!!!

Answered

Time format

Keith Boone 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

Is there a built in setting to change the time for displaying from military time to AM and PM format? 

I could not find anything on how to do this in the IQAN Design User Manual.  

For example:  Instead of showing 21:29:50, I want to display 09:29:50 PM.

Answer

User interface > Localization>Time format:

Rotation Angle Convention

Joe 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 1

The ability to rotate images is very nice, but the clockwise convention is somewhat of an annoyance.  Standard mathematical and kinematic convention is counterclockwise, so all of my sensor inputs and kinematic models have to be manipulated in a separate step in order for the graphics to display correctly.  Would it be possible for the rotation direction to be selected as an option?