Answered

dm1 to multi master using appin/appout

Codie 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 6

Is there a way to either pass a DM1 message through appin/appout or have multi masters looking at the same DM1 messages from an engine. I have multiple masters and screens for an industrial app. 

Image 969

Answered

Array Example

mgoutier 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by chuck streb 3 years ago 14

Can someone post an example of a decent size array so I can dissect it a bit. I'm struggling on some of the syntax of it. 

Answered

Changing default language

Edzard 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 5 years ago 5

Hello all,

I received a project that I need to revise. This project contains many translations (in software and display). The default langauge is set to Dutch however. I would like to use English in the software. Is there a way to change the default language, without losing the translations?

Thanks in advance

Answered

Reading hz more accurately

RobinArvidsson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 9

i am using a FIN to read an RPM sensor. The sensor has 30 pulses per revolution.

Today we are getting an even value (2-4-6-8 etc.) of off the sensor. in other words 1Hz is the lowest given pulsefrequenzy. ( 1 pulse per second = 2 rev per minute 1*60/30 )

i would like to be able to read half an rpm, or even 1 rpm steps would work ( 0,5Hz )..

is this possible?

i know i could average an Array, but i would assume the FIN could give me a more accurate read, with less delay?

Robin

Answered

Generic Bus and Generic Modules

Marc Gregoire 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

Is there an upper limit, maximum number, of generic modules that can be configured on a single generic bus for an MD4 controller?

Answered

CAN Routing

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Aurelio Romano 6 years ago 6

It looks like you guys added CAN routing for the MC4x family in IQAN 5, but there is no documentation of it anywhere that I can find. 

So my setup is a Generic 500k CAN bus that has 10 modules on it.  I need to place a router in front of one of the modules to block a few CAN ID, so I can broadcast it a different set of data.  The module that is behind this CAN router is also sending out its own messages to the rest of the network that the other 9 modules need to see.

So do I set up 2 routing rules?  One to go from A to B, and then B to A.

Or how would I go about setting up the CAN routers to make this possible?  

This is what I have right now.  There is one ID i need to block from the ECU to Trans, and then the Trans to ECU will all be allowed.  Will this setup work like I am wanting it to?

Image 953

Answered

Inconsistent Logging

JamesV 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 3

I have two duplicate event logs, each with several of the exact same log items in them, with the same triggering logic and channels etc... but with different access rights so service can't clear one of them. 

When I receive a clone from a machine and check it's logs the values stored in either log are often different. In some cases the value is not even recorded or the event wasn't triggered in the second log. Is it possible a high (nearing alarm point) utilization rate can cause this or is there something else to blame? 

Fixed

MD4-7 Blue Screen

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Adolfo 3 years ago 4

I am getting a blue screen on a program I wrote with IQAN 5 and an MD4-7. 

The program starts and functions normally and then 10 seconds after start up I get this screen.

Image 942

Touchscreen internal channel

LP C 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 2

Hi,

Is there an internal channel that goes on and off if someone touches the screen?

If so, can I use it?

I want to dim the screen when the system is standby for a long time and for that I know I can use the backlight control, but I also want to remove the dim if someone touches the screen to "wake" it up.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Select interactive control with external button

RobinArvidsson 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 2

Hi!

I'm in the need of being able to select a slider on screen without adding it to the "External button controls" list. 

Is it possible with a idc or similar to select and adjust a slider?

context:

i've got a display page with 1 slider, when i rotate my external encoder the slider is hidden and a new slider for a different function parameter is laid on top. When i use this approach i cannot use the "external button controls" since most of the function parameters are hidden until scrolled to.