Not a bug

Can't import IQAN2 function groups into IQAN4

Mark Bevington 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 5

I am very unhappy with the inability to import function groups from working IQAN2 code into IQAN4. Atlas Copco has spent multiple man year developing and testing their IQAN2 control applications. I want to be able to take advantage of this as we work towards updating their next gen rig to work under IQAN4. I know I could do this if I was coding in MatLab/SimuLink, C, or C++. I have tried exporting the function groups with references, and without, and all I ever get when I try to import them is the following:

Image 433

I am aware that the connections to the function group are going to be broken, and will need to be connected appropriately. I should not have to track these down and re-specify/reconnect these, in IQAN2 though, especially when I'm importing the function group from one type of module (MC2) to another (MC3).

By taking this approach IQAN makes code re-use almost impossible. I'm very disappointed

Please fix it.

Completed

IQAN Design Idea's

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 1

Some Ideas I have had,

1) It would be nice to justify a comment box to the right. It comes in handy when you want the text to be right next to that function.

Image 430

2) Error Value for a 2 bit value. It defaults to False, but it would be nice to be able to put (-1). That way in the program I an tell there is an error and do some other code with it.

Image 431

3) TSC1 SA - Integer Parameter. I saw a post a year ago about adding this to IQAN 4, but it has not been done yet. I was wondering if you knew when I could expect that.

Image 432

Fixed

IQAN 4.03.27 - Qcode Errors

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 5

With the new Iqan 4.03.27, the qcode window now re-formats all my code if I try to add some code in it. I never had this issue with 4.02.

Example, I had a functional code, and went to add a variable at the top of the qcode, and it did this.

Image 429

IQAN system communication with PLC over Ethernet or CAN

Dave Heiling 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jos Lentfert 8 years ago 1

Has anyone had the need to communicate with Industrial PLC's? The Ethernet port would be the best way to do it if the MD4 could support Ethernet communications with the PLC. It is expensive to incorporate a CAN to Ethernet converter and also it adds another piece of hardware in teh system that you need to mount and support. Is there any plans to add Ethernet communication protocol to the MD4 (other than camera and PC communications?)

Along the same line, has anyone created an EDS document for the IQAN MD3 or MD4 that can be used to set up communications with the Alan Bradley PLC over CAN?

Answered

Expansion Bus and J1939 on the same bus CAN

Masia Jean-Baptiste 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by fdube 5 years ago 2

It is possible to use tha same Bus Can for two different CAN systéme .

J1939 an Expansion on the BUS CAN C on the MD3

Image 423

When I look the project check, I don't have error.

Image 424

Best regards
Jean-Baptiste
RGDH
Develloper for IQan system

Answer

Hi, yes you can share J1939 and expansion Bus.

Only Generic CAN can't be mixed with the other protocols.

One thing to consider when you share a CAN-Bus line is the traffic load. You can measure it with IQAN analyze.

Completed

show only preferences from menu system

jan 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 5

Is there a way to show only preferences (or other category of main menu) by pushing menu (or custom made) button?

Answered

Use application default value from a COUT in MAC

Conrad Elektro 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 6

Hello,

I like to use the application default value, 'max current', of a COUT in a math channel. Is this possible? I don't want to use integer parameters because you loose the standard adjustable menu of the COUT channel.

Kind regards,

Robin

Answered

Multiple Main Group?

James A 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 1

I am using a MD3 with the cycle time set to 10ms under the Main Group.

The cycle time needs to be that low because it is important for the IQAN system to be as responsive as possible for the machine it is being used in and prevent a malfuntion. As time has progressed the IQAN program has evolved the utilization rate has continued to climb.

Is it possible to have a multi-threaded program, or maybe multiple main groups? I'm thinking 1 main group with all the critical functions with a cycle time of 10ms and a seperate group with a higher cycle time of say 50ms.

I am making use of function groups and disabling them as needed but I was hoping for a better solution esp. for the critical time sensitive functions.

Answered

Low frequency PWM

Ed Schippers 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 3

Hi

To control a visco fan clutch a low frequency PWN signal is needed ideal 1 to 5 Hz

a standard Iqan PWM goes only as low as 10 Hz.

is it a problem to use a Dout and plus this output? using a timer and change the on period?

Answer

I used a standard Dout, but the principle you are describing.

worked fine..!

Fixed

IQAN Design 4.02 issues

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

2 issues I have ran across with IQAN Design 4.02.16

1) Some time when working the Select All function stops working. I have to close the program and restart it to use it again.
Image 403

2) When resizing a Comment Box it will jump left and up quite a bit. It doesn't stay fixed in the location it was in before.
On a side note of that it would also be nice that when you copy and paste a comment it remains the same size. Currently when you past it it goes to a define size instead of what was copied.