Answered

Using Array Function in MD3 (Software I QAN Studio 4 Version)

SANDEEP RAJAN 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 3

Hello,

Am using MD3 (Software I QAN Studio 4 Version) for one of the development project in L&T India. I wanted to know how to use ARRAY Function in I QAN Studio 4

Not a bug

Language issue in 3.19 - with MD3

Aaron Wilkes 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 3

I have added a French language option to an application and it will not change the internal IQAN menu’s/messages to French even though I have selected the fr-ca language code. It does change all our own translated messages. It does not seem to be an issue unique to this application since I tested adding a language to a blank program with only an MD3 and it also did not change to French. I was using 3.19.7.4013 and tried downloading 3.19.10.4102 from the divapps archive which did not make a difference. This happens with the Simulator and with an MD3.

Below are some screenshots from the blank program.

Image 364

Image 365

Menu after language change - still English

Image 366

Thanks

Aaron

Answered

G3 Modem

Nuri ALAŞAHİN MPG 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 7 years ago 9

Hi, where is IQAN-G3 modem in IQAN-Design V4.02?

LTC - Interpolation

Zach Dockter 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 1

Is there any way to change the LTC so that when interpolation is set to "Off" it rounds up or down instead of rounding to the closest?

For instance, say my radius is 10 and my length is 38.6, can I make it show 51000 for my result?

Image 362

Not a bug

IQAN SV camera restart problem

Kevin 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 5

We have an SV camera connected to a system with a MD4-5. To prevent error messages getting 'covered up' by the video display we control the 'visible' property using IDCs linked to error states in the application. Sometimes when an error or message is displayed and accepted or cleared, the camera fails to initiate again and we are left with this message until a cycle of ignition.

We also get this sometimes when we update software.

Is there a known fix or something coming in software updates? Running IQAN 4.02.

Image 359

Under review

Handling huge (unsigned int32) numbers

Rick 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 3

Is it possible to have a 64bit, or at least a "unsigned" property for some channels?

I ran into problems when dealing with huge integers. For example, this won't work in the QCode of an IMAC:

X := 200100 * 56200

I guess "X" is automatically a Float, so it can't store such a large number. IMAC channels can hold a large number, but also if the most significant bit is on, it will end up as a negative number.

Same issue more or less with JPIN blocks. You can workaround it by chopping it up into 2 16-bit values, and glue them together later on, but it's not very elegant of course.

Change decimal mark

Jonas Bengtsson 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 0

It would be nice if there where a parameter to change the decimal mark.

We are shipping machines all over the world and some regions uses ".", other uses ",".

The MD4 only use "."

Overview of decimal marks around the world

Fixed

Languages not updating in Design version 4

Tuomas 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 4

If I update languages which are not main language (no 1 in the language list) then languages are not updating, but if I change main language column first and after that I change other languages columns then updating works! Also If I make corrections to Excel language document columns which are not main language then language importing doesn't work

Answered

PGN 42752

Zach Dockter 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 6

I have an MD4-7 display and when I program it using IQAN Design 3.18, I can read PGN 42752 coming from address 27h. When I program the same display with "the same program" imported into IQAN Design 4.02, it does not work...

Screenshots

PGN42752.doc

Fixed

4.02 Gripe list

Michael Carlyle 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 9

1) the Splash screen does not show up at startup (Black screen shows instead)

2) when trying to load a new MD4 I get a message to load 3.7 or higher first before 4.02 program will load - this should not be required on a new MD4.