Answered

PCC PIN channel not be able to reset

Frank GUO 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 5

I can not find a way to reset PCC PIN channel back to default. It looks like a bug. Could someone advise if it reset-able?

SHOW VALUE AND STATE/MODE FOR VALUE CONTROLS

jesse kilde 8 years ago in IQANdesign 0

WHEN SELECTING WHAT TO SHOW IN THE VALUE CONTROL IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHOW THE STATE THAT THE MATH CHANNEL IS IN. THE REASON FOR THIS IS THE SAME AS THE REASON TO HAVE A MODE SELECTOR FOR THE VIN CHANNELS. THIS WOULD ALLOW YOU TO RUN A VIN INTO A MATH CHANNEL THAT HAS A MODE SELECTOR FOR UNITS IN THIS CASE. WHEN THE STATE IS SELECTED AND THE MATH HAS CHANGED THEN THE MODE/STATE IT IS IN CAN BE DISPLAYED AS THE UNIT NEXT TO THE VALUE.

Answered

Bi-Directional vs Uni-directional Cout Saturation

Derek Lagrainge 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 1

In my fan system we have a gear pump feeding our fan valve which feeds a gear motor. The initial programmer had it set as "Bidirectional: YES" and the positive direction values were as follows:

Min Current: 605 mA

Max Current: 0 mA

Start slope/Stop slope: 250 ms

(The negative direction is just opposite of that, Min: 0, Max: 650)

The valve is programmed to open (allow the fan to go full on, therefore max oil flow) at 0 mA, and otherwise programmed to run according to the cooling demands. But there is no actual negative direction, it is a proportional valve, it's either (somewhat) open or closed so it's 0 to 650.

Sometimes when it's hot outside, the hydraulic oil gets hot and the coil (probably) heats up we get a "FAN SPEED COUT SATURATION" error a few seconds after starting up the machine again. I did some testing and found that if I eliminated the Bidirectional component and made it unidirectional that this problem goes away. It makes sense in my mind as the valve is proportional so why should the program ever look for a negative direction.

Does my logic make sense? Would you ever need a bidirectional Cout for a proportional valve?

Sorry for the long rambling post.

Answered

Sending project system failure

Kimmo 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 4

Hi this is my firs time and i have problem with sending.

in order to upgrade the md4-5 to version 4.00 and later the module must first be upgraded to at least version 3.17?

How i do this

My connektion is ethernet cable

Answer

Hi Kimmo,

Regarding the dialog saying that you need 3.17 or higher, there were preparations made starting in version 3 to be able to upgrade to version 4. To upgrade a module with a 3.16 or earlier version, you need to do it as a two stage process, first sending a blank 3.17, 3.18 or 3.18 to the MD4, and then sending the actual application in 4.00. All the blank file needs is the master module.

Not a bug

Can't import IQAN2 function groups into IQAN4

Mark Bevington 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 5

I am very unhappy with the inability to import function groups from working IQAN2 code into IQAN4. Atlas Copco has spent multiple man year developing and testing their IQAN2 control applications. I want to be able to take advantage of this as we work towards updating their next gen rig to work under IQAN4. I know I could do this if I was coding in MatLab/SimuLink, C, or C++. I have tried exporting the function groups with references, and without, and all I ever get when I try to import them is the following:

Image 433

I am aware that the connections to the function group are going to be broken, and will need to be connected appropriately. I should not have to track these down and re-specify/reconnect these, in IQAN2 though, especially when I'm importing the function group from one type of module (MC2) to another (MC3).

By taking this approach IQAN makes code re-use almost impossible. I'm very disappointed

Please fix it.

Completed

IQAN Design Idea's

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 1

Some Ideas I have had,

1) It would be nice to justify a comment box to the right. It comes in handy when you want the text to be right next to that function.

Image 430

2) Error Value for a 2 bit value. It defaults to False, but it would be nice to be able to put (-1). That way in the program I an tell there is an error and do some other code with it.

Image 431

3) TSC1 SA - Integer Parameter. I saw a post a year ago about adding this to IQAN 4, but it has not been done yet. I was wondering if you knew when I could expect that.

Image 432

Fixed

IQAN 4.03.27 - Qcode Errors

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 5

With the new Iqan 4.03.27, the qcode window now re-formats all my code if I try to add some code in it. I never had this issue with 4.02.

Example, I had a functional code, and went to add a variable at the top of the qcode, and it did this.

Image 429

IQAN system communication with PLC over Ethernet or CAN

Dave Heiling 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jos Lentfert 8 years ago 1

Has anyone had the need to communicate with Industrial PLC's? The Ethernet port would be the best way to do it if the MD4 could support Ethernet communications with the PLC. It is expensive to incorporate a CAN to Ethernet converter and also it adds another piece of hardware in teh system that you need to mount and support. Is there any plans to add Ethernet communication protocol to the MD4 (other than camera and PC communications?)

Along the same line, has anyone created an EDS document for the IQAN MD3 or MD4 that can be used to set up communications with the Alan Bradley PLC over CAN?

Answered

Expansion Bus and J1939 on the same bus CAN

Masia Jean-Baptiste 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by fdube 5 years ago 2

It is possible to use tha same Bus Can for two different CAN systéme .

J1939 an Expansion on the BUS CAN C on the MD3

Image 423

When I look the project check, I don't have error.

Image 424

Best regards
Jean-Baptiste
RGDH
Develloper for IQan system

Answer

Hi, yes you can share J1939 and expansion Bus.

Only Generic CAN can't be mixed with the other protocols.

One thing to consider when you share a CAN-Bus line is the traffic load. You can measure it with IQAN analyze.

Completed

show only preferences from menu system

jan 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 5

Is there a way to show only preferences (or other category of main menu) by pushing menu (or custom made) button?