Answered

Setting up log files for many DM1 messages

Argy Tzouhas 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 14

I have a system that has 800 DM1 messages that all have to be logged when they come up.is there an easy way to load this into a diagnostic log group and trigger the log file as they come up?

Completed

Menu - Info and Modules Display Buttons

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by John Frost 3 years ago 5

1) I would like to open directly to the Info and Module page via a button on the display. You can open to every other sub menu page but those two.

Image 579

2) Is there a way to open to these pages via an external button. Becasue I will need to do that, but cant figure out how to.

Fixed

Corrupt File - Stream Read Error

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 5

This is the second time this has happened to me. I go to open a program and get a Corrupt File - Stream Read Error. What causes this. And is there anyway to recover the file. I really don't like loosing a days worth of work. Image 572

Answered

autoip connection

blags 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 5

For some reason the MD4 is not discovered, but this should not be a problem, I have the IP address. But I cannot enter a static IP address in the 169.254.nnn.nnn range I get warned that only addresses in the 10.0.0.0 to nnn or 172.16.0.0 to nnn or 192.168.0.0 to nnn

Answered

mc2 diagnostic bus

Sebastien 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

I created application with 4.02 version. Am using MC2 and second bus is already use by generic module. Now if change something (with 4.05) in application asking me to connect the diagnostic bus, but a don't have one free.. the problem is that a just change my computer and don’t have old version installed and isn’t on the web site.

Answered

SV Camera Rotate

Michael Carlyle 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 7 years ago 2

Is it possible to rotate the view of one camera so that one can be mounter vertically and one horixontally?

Answered

How can print the Logs to files?

Phan Hiep 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 6

Hi everyone. I have 1 project with MD4-7. I create 1 Logs channel in Diagnostics. Now I want to print it to a files (.txt, .pdf...) and get this file like database. Anybody can help me to solve this issue?

Thank you so much !

Image 541

Answer

Hello Phan.

You can use IQANrun to download and save the logs as a excel file.

Use IQANrun to connect to the MD4.

Then go to the 'Logs' in the toolbox section.

Double click on the log you want to enter in to it.

Then you use the 'Save' function under 'File' in the top right corner of IQANrun.

Here you can select the file type you want to save the log as.

Fixed

Cannot add a PWM bi-directional channel to legacy XT2 with latest software version

Ross McLeod 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4

Over the last year we have been building an expensive new hovercraft using modules MD3 and 3 units of XT2.

Now we have just updated to the latest version of IQAN Design, version 4.04.25.4413 and we find that the 'Bidirectional' option is no longer available for a PWM channel on the XT2 modules! It was available in older versions of IQAN design and we were accustomed to using it!

Because we cannot select the 'Bidirectional' option for setting up a new PWM channel. (Trying to use PWM out C1:2/3) it has really compromised the whole machine.

This option was available on older versions of IQAN design but not on the new version.

We just discovered this problem during machine trials and do not want to go back to older version because we already put a lot of work into the software design using the newer version. Also we have a lot of XT2 module still in stock.

The current out channels are already committed to other functions so we must get bidirectional control in a PWM channel. Otherwise we cannot deliver this very expensive machine!

Urgent that we find a way to fix this... please.

VIN High Error

Joe 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 14

I have a sensor I want to use that requires 18-36VDC for power, but outputs 0-10VDC for its analog signal (it is a laser distance sensor). The sensor does not limit its output, so there will always be the possibility of 10VDC being present on the VIN pin. Is there a way to keep the MD4 from displaying a 'high error'?

Answer
Joe 8 years ago

I have found a way around this. The error only appears when the max setting (mV) is less than 5000mV. I used the VIN (mV) adjustment to calibrate the distance measurement, therefore the error would appear. I now adjust the min and max values of a vector channel using function parameters. The distance measurement is calibrated and no error message appears even when the voltage at the VIN pin goes to 10V.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this and I hope you find my solution helpful.

Answered

Pin code reset?

Dave Heiling 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

I have a customer who plans to use the MD4-7 as the main engine monitoring/controller in his cab. He does not want to use a key to start/stop the Cummins engine. He wants to have the operator use a pin code that is factory set at the last 4 digits of the machine serial number to access the machine controls. They encourage the operator/owner to change this pin code to their liking for security. If the operator enters a pin code and then forgets it or of an operator changes the pin code and then leaves the company, the OEM wants to be able to have this pin code reset to the original factory 4 digit code when it was first assigned. They would like to do this by allowing one of their service people to access this reset back to factory function with the use of a factory master pin code protected variable. If this pin code cannot be reset, is there any way an authorized person could display the current 4 digits of this code? The reset feature that is currently implemented on the pin code works great to lock the machine up after use. I am currently using a text parameter as the input to the machine access pin code, I am allowed to display this text parameter with my master pin code, but when we have the operator try to change this text parameter, we see a complete keyboard that allows the operator to enter 4 characters (the pin code only allows us to enter numbers). Entering non numeric characters will force a software update to get the machine working again. (this is what we are trying to avoid). Any suggestions?