Fixed

Password box wont take enough characters

Kevin 5 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

We are using an application created in IQANDesign 5.03.11.5029 and when simulating the application I'm unable to login using credentials i configured within design on IQANRun 5.04.6.4873. Looking closer our password we set in design is 27 characters in length but IQANRun will only allow 25? IQAN Design notes state a password can be up to 40 in length, is this a bug or conflict between different versions?

Does this affect the tablet access as our customers use this length password to login, will IQANRun for tablets also limit the password length to 25 characters?

Directional Pulse Count Inputs

Barnhart Crane 5 years ago updated by Edward Polzin 5 years ago 3

I need 8 directional pulse count inputs... Is there any hope other than using 4 XA2s? Any plans for an IQAN expansion module that can do 4 or even 8  of this kind of input?

I can't find any 3rd party CAN modules that have this type of input. It seems to be all industrial modules.

Answered

Invalid context when upgrading IQANdesign 5.03 to 5.04

mdonaldson 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 4

When I upgraded to IQANDesign 5.04 from 5.03 my project now has 1183 errors, with 99% of them being 'Invalid Context'. I can't seem to find a pattern as to what is wrong with particular snips of code.

Here is one example.

Image 1481

Can an Internal digital function be used to open a PDF

Mark Walser 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Would like a use Internal Digital in to select different PDFs based on some internal criteria or selections of the type of machine.

GT Modem/ G3 Modem Question

Nick Pridham 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by neil jessel 5 years ago 3

IQAN Design 5.04

I have an application file which I have prepared for Telematics using the new Telematics Functionality in "Diagnostics"

-I want to fit a G3 modem. A permanent connection is required and GT is not avail just yet.

-The application file check generates an error if a G3 and GT gateway module is added. - (Too Many Modules Of The Same Type)

The application file check generates an error if a just a G3 gateway module is added.(Missing Gateway Module with Telematics Support)

Can the IQAN team suggest a work around ?  I would like to leave the Telematics message config dormant until GT gets up and running. Can a change be made to IQAN Design so that GT and G3 can live in the same application file for the time being.

BTW - I have tried playing around with the "Enabled" property for both Gateway Modules and the error is still flagged by the application file check.

Nick.

Interactive Message - Gear change

vinicius oliveira 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated 5 years ago 4

Hello,

I'm trying to implement gear change using buttons (D, R and N). When the user press the button, it will ask for confirmation to prevent miss click, if "Yes" it will send CAN message and active gear, if "No" do nothing.

I implemented this latch to hold the value of D, R and N gear (if true or false after interactive message).

But the thing is, I want to keep only one gear active at a time, for example D=True,R=False and N=False. How I can manage to turn off other variables inside Qcode?

Thanks!

Image 1479

Fixed

MD4 Blue Screen when start measure

fdube 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 4

Hi,

I am running a test bench with only some of the components connected to the MD4 display. In the field, their is a XC23 and 3 other CAN buses connected with multiple devices.

I am validating one of the device on the canbus B. When I start a measure with IQANDesign with the display connected via Internet and go in the function group where the CAN messages are received, the MD4 display crashes and a blue screen appears (see screenshots bellow). This function group receives 4 messages and convert it to 25 signals used in state parameters and math channels.

Busloads during crash and startup is bellow 5%.

Cycle utilisation is bellow 50%.

Cycle time is 10 ms.

We successfully run IQAN Design 4.07.15.4769 on our systems. This is the only occurrence where we see this problem and I am wondering the root cause.

Image 1474

Image 1473

What am I not seeing?

Import Graphics

Joe 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

I wish there was an efficient method for importing graphics into the design environment.  It would be nice to have project files dedicated to certain functions (i.e. diesel control) complete with graphics pages linked to channels.  Building larger applications would be much easier if it were possible to import those project files, complete with linked graphics pages, in such a way that an existing display module could be selected as the destination for the application and graphics pages; similar to external functions.  It would save a lot of time and make managing applications easier.

If there is a method I am not aware of, please someone speak up.  As of now, I copy the graphics and function groups from one application to another, but then have to re-link all the dynamic graphics and images.  It can be a real pain and is time consuming.

IDC Latch with QCODE

Luke@ARI 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jonas Bengtsson 5 years ago 3

I'm writing more of my program with Qcode, and ran across something this morning that might help someone else:

I was trying to get an IDC to latch on with a momentary, rising edge signal, and then stay on when the signal goes off. Easy,  using object list and a "latching or/and" 

Image 1467

But, when I write what I thought was an equivalent statement in Qcode, the ICD functions as a momentary, and doesn't latch:

Image 1468

Obviously, this is a bad programming practice, because in just about any other structured text programming language, the IDC would become stuck on the first time the input went true, and would never turn off. However, that's NOT what it does. Try it for yourself; when the input goes false, the IDC also goes false, acting like this:

Image 1469

I don't think that those previous two code statements are equivalent, but I guess that's just an IQAN idiosyncrasy. So here's a work-around I came up with using a memorizing channel. It works as advertised as a latching IDC: when the input goes true, the MR channel latches on, and then when a different input goes true, the MR latches off:

Image 1470

Note the use of the ALWAYS TRUE IDC. As it's name suggests, it has a TRUE operator in it's activating channel so that it's always on. This allows the MR to latch to true.

So there you have it, a latching "IDC" in Qcode.

Luke.

Limit the number of run of a script

C. Drouaud 5 years ago in IQANscript updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

Hello, 

I want to limit the number of times a script can be run on a machine. I want it to be run only once. 

I created a digital parameter in my project, set as false as default and when I run the script, it changes the value of the parameter to true. This parameter can only be changed through this script or by authorized technician. 

In my script, I want to check if the digital parameter is true or false. If it is false, it can run the fulll script and if it is true, the script does nothing. 

I didn't achieve to check this. I tried to use If(Parameter) but it doesn't work. 

Is it the correct way to do it ? Should it work with the If or can I use something else ?

Thanks in advance,