LIN compatibility ?

J Kelly 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 5

Hello, 

Does IQANdesign support devices which communicate using the LIN protocol?

The aim is to use this device for standard parameters such as voltage, current and charge.  

An example to illustrate this would be useful. 

Thank you

Test connection to system before project check

Kevin 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jonas Bengtsson 5 years ago 3

Sometimes (due to our own fault) we forget to check the system is either connected to the computer properly or ignition is switched on. Our projects typically take a good 5-10s to check, then when clicking send it errors saying system not connected, forcing us to re-select send project and go through the project check again. It does not sound like much time, but can sometimes be frustrating waiting for it top check again.

Is there a way of alerting you (after selecting send command) that the system is not connected so it doesn't close project check and force you to have to resend, then check the project again? Just an idea, other people may also find this useful.

IQAN Design 5.03.

Answered

Error, stopped critical

Giel Coopman 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Neeraj Chirmulay 5 years ago 7

In a new controller we tried to load a program, but did not succeed completely. Then the LED of the controller blinks 4 times red and 1 time yellow followed by 17 times yellow. And when we try again to connect, the master module can no longer be found. Is there something we can do?

Image 1514

Answered

PWM frequency for L90 valve

ramasubramaniansathishr 5 years ago updated by Aderas verdes 3 weeks ago 6

Hello sir,

I am working with a Parker L 90 valve. The recommended PWM frequency is 100 to 125 hz. I wanted to understand the reason behind.Does this has anything to do with the Resistance/inductance of the coil ? Like the rise time of current in coil ?

If I run the coil with high PWM frequency say 2000 hz , will the current ever reach to maximum (I = V/R) ?

Is the recommendation of 100 hz only for avoiding switching losses or it has to do with performance as well .

Thanks

Sathish.R

Answer

Hello.

In other systems you can maybe set the PWM frequency and dither frequency separately.

You would add a small oscillation (the dither) on top of the PWM to avoid stiction and hysteresis.

In an IQAN system the PWM frequency is low enough that it creates an oscillation by itself, thus the PWM frequency is also the dither frequency.

SV Camera Lag Issue

fdube 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 10

Hi,

I have integrated the backup camera on our vehicle and I came across a lag issue with the camera and was wondering what the root cause was. Please see attached video (https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wgs5htr8moqyss/IMG_4580.MOV?dl=0) . Maybe you guys could help.

I chose to go with a 50 ft M12 cable, and there is not much loose considering the fact that the box is 20 ft long.

( https://www.digikey.ca/products/en?keywords=wm15300-nd). 

I played with the following parameters in IQAN for the SV Camera

• Enable HDR: No
  • Max bitrate [mbps] : Toggled between 1 and 20. At 1, the image is really pixelized as on the attached photo. At 20, there is a lot of lag. The current setting is at 4, and the image quality is really poor with some lag. Considering the fact that this camera will be used to backup to a shipping dock, the small lag is a big concern for our customers.
  • Dimensions: I toggled between Wide 800x600and Narrow 160x120 with no interesting improvement.

Image 1510

Is there something here that I am missing? My though is that the wire is too long, but it is impossible for me to shorten it.

Best regards,

Answered

Limit Event counter Channel (ECNT)

Giel Coopman 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

Is it possible to limit an Event counter channel with a maximum and a minimum value?

Answer

Hi Giel, the event counter channel is typically limited in the "Increasing" and "Decreasing" columns when using the Object list method.  Similar limits can be used in the Qcode method. 

As an example:

In the increasing column:

A: Button 1 Press  (Single object)

B: ECNT<10

C: A and B

This would limit the event counter channel from increasing above a value of 10

Answered

ID-TAG

Hassan 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Chris Litwin 4 years ago 7

Do I have to connect the ID-Tag to my Master module even though I'm using only one master module MD4 and one expansion XA2 will be connected to it, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks 

Answer

From the MD4 instruction book it states an MD4 always needs a tag. Without a tag it will start in safe mode.

Starting and stopping simulate

Ed Schippers 5 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 1

Starting and restarting of a simulation takes a lot of time and after every (re)start it starts in the same view so when you are working on large projects you need to a lot of clicking before you reach the part that you are testing. this is particularly annoying when testing  functions that run only just after boot up.

It would be nice if there was a function that you could do a restart without stopping the simulation and/or a or a function that when a simulation is started the program it stays in a pre- operational state so that you can navigate to the part of the program that you are testing and then start the program simulation. 

Not reproducible

Unable to get machine logs from MC43

Kevin 5 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

We have a multi master system with 1 x MD4, 3 x MC43 fitted to two identical machines. All 4 modules have multiple logs inside, we are able to get logs from all modules, however two logs on one of the MC43's only will refuse to download when using IQAN Run. Running Iqan Design 5.03. The logs are visible, and it displays how many logs are inside, however when double clicking to show the logs we get a blank white screen while its trying to populate the logs on screen then it times out after around 20 seconds with a message box saying no response from the controller. The controller remains active, no error flashes.

The controllers are not overloaded, and we are talking only a couple hundred logs inside each log, not thousands and thousands. Is there any known reasons why this could be happening? Its the same for both machines we have, so something common between the two...