Answered

Text Parameter channel reset on power cycle

Mark Kettel 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 1

I would like to know if there is a way to reset a TEXT PARAMETER channel back to default each time the IQAN system is powered down. From what I can see, the text parameter channel stores the last entry each time the system is powered up, I would like the the TP channel to not hold the last entry, but start out with a default/clear entry on power up. Has anyone done this or does anyone have a solution for this? Let me know thanks.

Multi Master Project Sending/Updating

Chris Litwin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 5 years ago 3

We have designed a multi master system using an MD4 address 0, and an MC43 address 1. We are having difficulties sending the project. We receive a no handshake MC43 error. Two systems in a row we have had to disconnect the MC43 and program the MD4 as an incomplete system, then we connect the MC43 to the system and send the whole project. There is a possibility that one or both modules in the systems have a previous project installed and not necessarily matching projects. Could having mismatched projects or lack of projects installed be causing this? Would it be good practice to program the head master first in all instances, and then resend the whole project after?

Answered

REAL-type value on generic CAN in version 2.6

Peter Nyman 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 2

Is it possible to send a REAL-type value on generic CAN in version 2.6 (it's an Iqan MDL). I can't get it to work correctly.

MC3 APP In

Giel Coopman 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Wim De Paepe 6 years ago 1

We have one MC43 and two MD4's. When we go into IQAN Run and press Start Measure, one APPIN remains red (time out). But when we look at the screen at IQAN Run, we see that communication is progressing well and we see the values change. Any suggestions?

Image 1346

Address tag

Theleo De Bruyn 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Chris Litwin 6 years ago 2

Hi there!

I'm using 3 master modules, a MD4-5 and 2x a MC41. And i've a question about the addresses of my modules.

I've 4 different addresses in stock: 0; 1; 0T and 1T. How do I use those 0T's and 1T's in my program? Or are there more addresses like an 2;3;4;...?

Thanks for the help!

Read parameter text

Paulo Cupertino de Lima 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

it is possible to insert a text parameter so that it is edited by the MD3 display and then read what was typed to store in a memoir in order to use as a username

Create Multiple Users

Paulo Cupertino de Lima 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 2

I have an application in which I want to insert multiple users and each of the users will have a password and access the user to enter the system I want to seek the system configuration for that user, I am using MD3 display.Any thoughts, ideas, etc. are much appreciated. I could use some desperate help urgently.

Slope Filter-Add ms Ramp As A Slope Type

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

It would be nice to have a (ms) ramp option avail as well as (%/sec).

This is very useful for controlling CAN valves and other devices that would normally be controlled directly from an IQAN output driver.  

This is requested because field techs find a ms value more intuitive to adjust than a %/sec.

Qcode - Minimum of nonzero values

Barnhart Crane 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Is there any way to determine the minimum value of a set of channels or qcode variables but disregard zero values? I've tried using an array and I still cannot figure out a way.

ability to tie multiple CAN networks/bus to a single CAN port

ksilovich 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Dave R 4 years ago 4

It would be nice to have the ability to tie multiple CAN networks/bus to a single CAN port on an MC4x controller. 

Image 1336

I have application where I want to use an MC41 for a transmission controller.

The transmission is fully CAN controller via Generic 500kbps, but the engines (Chevy LS, Chrysler Hemi, or Cummins R2.8) to controller it can be J1939 or Generic CAN 500kbps.    

I only require that one of the CAN networks be active at one time.    I figured now with the Initialization Group it should be possible.   Have an adjust group tied to which CAN bus you want to activate and then that one is active on startup.  

This would also be great to have for the applications that don't have any J1939 channels but still want a G11 for trouble shooting and remote programming.  You can tie the enabling CAN bus to a Input and active the input to change from Generic to J1939 to allow the G11 communication. 

Do you guys think this would be possible?