Answered

software recommended

febres fabricio 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 1

I´m working with an MD3-JS console. The product information is:

Production date: 17/04/13

Software version: 2.60.25.2059

Bios version 1.03

Serial number: 317040111

What version of  IQAN Creative Studio do i ned to work on it?

Fixed

Externals draop down drops below windows task bar

Greg R 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 4

Kind of a funny issue. We have a large external function library that causes the external function drop down list to drop below the Windows task bar. This makes the last option unreachable unless i move the taskbar. 

Adjusting FIN Channel Parameters

Ege Atilla 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

One of my customers has used an MD4 on their hydraulic test system where they are driving a hydraulic fan and reading its speed with a frequency input channel.

In the future, they want to use different fans which will mean they need to change the working parameters of the channel (Max and Scaled Max values) and they need to change the values without changing the software.

I cannot find a way to do this at the moment, as FIN properties don't seem to accept integer parameters as inputs, nor can the channels be added to Adjust Items / Groups. 

Is there a reason this is not possible, even though many different IO channels can be added to adjust groups?

Not a bug

Overload on MC43FS DOUT HS+LS Channel

Richard Staite 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Zach Dockter 5 years ago 2

We are working on an application where we are required to be able to allow parallel operation of a solenoid valve. i.e. to be able to energise the solenoid via external means at times. We had been intending to get around the error detection problems by placing these outputs into a function group which we disable when the external energising  happens. This seems to work fine for open load detection, however overload still seem to be detected even when the channel is not enabled -is this intended or is it a bug?

Would be nice to select ( in this example) activating object simply by clicking on IDC in the logic area in addition to standard drop down list.

Pawel Pekala 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 2

Image 1374

Would be nice to select ( in this example) activating object simply by clicking on IDC in the logic area in addition to standard drop down list. 

In larger programs, list becomes very congested with available options. If (in this example) activating object we are after is in fact located on the same screen we could simply click on it. 

Change parameter on CAN Open device

Kevin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by techsupport@posi-plus com 5 years ago 1

We have an MD4 connected to a CAN Open angle sensor. Normally we change SDO objects in the directory using a CAN tool (for resolution, heartbeats etc). 

Ideally we wanted the MD4 to configure these parameters instead of using the handheld programmer, does anyone have experience of this, or perhaps can suggest a way of changing the parameter below from 1d to 1000d?

Image 1372

Answered

Reset Parameter Value

Paulo Cupertino de Lima 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

I have two parameters, a digital parameter and a function parameter that is adjustable via MD3 and I need that whenever my digital parameter is false the value of the function parameter returns to zero and after the digital parameter returns to true the value of the function parameter will be maintained at zero only being changed via MD3 again. It's possible ?

graphic images missing from main display

Ethan Zeman 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

Image 1366

Some of the graphics have disappeared from an MD4 display operating at a customer site.

See picture... the needles should have gauges above them... the two buttons lower buttons on the right hand side should have graphics (menu and maintenance wrench).

It seems like the standard IQAN library graphics stopped working (gauge image, wrench image, menu image) while custom graphics that we have added ourselves are still working...

Software is IQAN 3.19.

Any one see this before?  Any ideas?

We will advise the customer to reflash software as I'm doubting there is anything else that can be done.  

More configuration on error messages

Kevin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 2

Where possible we try to use the 'built in' error checking configurable directly on the input of the signal into a module (VIN, CIN etc). We find some functions particularly useful for example the error value that is set when a fault occurs. Some customers dont full understand what 'low error' or 'high error' means on a screen message particulary if they are not used to our machine control system. More often than not we resort to switching the built in error checking off and inserting our own messages that we can fully control whats written to make it easier to understand, time delays, multiple lines of text etc. Below is a screen shot of a standard IQAN input error:

Image 1360

Our customer needs more information about the error than is listed above, we normally like to have an error code number, multiple lines of text so they can have an idea of where to go with the fault, live value of the signal into the controller etc. We like the idea of setting an error value, this can be achieved using our own logic but takes time to put into the software. We also find that we normally have our own error logs, and we would rather have faults that are generated go into a dedicated log, different from the regular MD4 log which stores other items, could this be an option possibly? Same goes for outputs on a system. I guess we are looking for more configuration over whats displayed on the built in IQAN error messages.

Ethernet Multimaster - Application Flash Inconsistency

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

IQAN Design 5.03

I am working in a project with MC43 FS and MD4. I am finding flashing over ethernet very inconsistent. The inconsistency seems to occur with the flashing of the second module over the diagnostic bus. In other words flashing of HW module to which I am physically connected over ethernet always seems to complete but the process fails during master to master flashing of the secondary master module.  I had to flash the modules individually to get them to work.  

The work around for this is to flash over CAN via the diagnostics bus and this has proved very reliable.  This is not a long term fix however as the when the application file grows, the flash time over CAN flashing can take a long time. I  hope the IQAN team can make some suggestions to support getting multi master flashing over ethernet a little more reliable.