Slope Filter-Add ms Ramp As A Slope Type

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

It would be nice to have a (ms) ramp option avail as well as (%/sec).

This is very useful for controlling CAN valves and other devices that would normally be controlled directly from an IQAN output driver.  

This is requested because field techs find a ms value more intuitive to adjust than a %/sec.

Qcode - Minimum of nonzero values

Barnhart Crane 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Is there any way to determine the minimum value of a set of channels or qcode variables but disregard zero values? I've tried using an array and I still cannot figure out a way.

ability to tie multiple CAN networks/bus to a single CAN port

ksilovich 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Dave R 4 years ago 4

It would be nice to have the ability to tie multiple CAN networks/bus to a single CAN port on an MC4x controller. 

Image 1336

I have application where I want to use an MC41 for a transmission controller.

The transmission is fully CAN controller via Generic 500kbps, but the engines (Chevy LS, Chrysler Hemi, or Cummins R2.8) to controller it can be J1939 or Generic CAN 500kbps.    

I only require that one of the CAN networks be active at one time.    I figured now with the Initialization Group it should be possible.   Have an adjust group tied to which CAN bus you want to activate and then that one is active on startup.  

This would also be great to have for the applications that don't have any J1939 channels but still want a G11 for trouble shooting and remote programming.  You can tie the enabling CAN bus to a Input and active the input to change from Generic to J1939 to allow the G11 communication. 

Do you guys think this would be possible?

MD4-7 example project

gz3010 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Does a MD4-x  example exist that will test all the I/O on the module?  I'm new to the system and cant figure out how to send out a message over CAN.  I think i have it implemented correctly, but i do not see anything on the bus?

Editing library images

Mark 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Is it possible to copy library images for external editing? I want to edit the LED lamps to eliminate the black square background as it shows up when I use a different custom background. So I would like to trim the black square. Any thoughts?

Answered

is Parker IQAN the same as the XR protocol?

Captain Sprocket 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 2

While trying to set up a Hetronic receiver that I want to connect to a MD4-7/mc42 multi master system I noticed that there is a "Parker IQAN" protocol in the HETRONIC confiuration. 

Is this the same as the XR protocol and also does anyone have any tips or suggestions to properly set this up?

Image 1329

MD3: USB upload --> IQANdesign: "internal error"

Captain Sprocket 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

We have 3 win10 laptops running IQANdesign. All 3 does have exactly the same version of IQandesign, but it seems that only the one laptop struggles to communicate via USB, IQANdesign prompts "internal error" when attempting to upload the software. 

Has anyone else came across something like this or is there just something I have to set in IQAN or windows?

Answered

Missing CAN traffic info on Iqan Design 5.03?

Kevin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

When monitoring CAN traffic in 5.03 using the system overview part of the software, I am unable to see traffic and health status (green box) on some of the busses and modules. Sometimes clicking on one that is showing traffic OK makes the gauge and status disappear and have to click away from the system layout page to get it back again. Its almost as if the program will only show one of each type of bus from the display module only. Is this normal? Would be handy to be able to see gauges and status on all busses and modules in the system.

Using CAN USB device connecting laptop to diagnostic bus which is linked to all the modules in the system.

Image 1328

Answered

Qcode vs Object List Affect on Ram Usage

JamesV 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 2

I have a program that is at the limit of the available RAM in our master unit. I haven't made use of Qcode much but am wondering if I replace my object list logic with equivalent Qcode on a large scale will it result in lower RAM usage?

Thanks,

Answered

licence name

Andy Reid 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

Daft one - I misspelled my name when registering my IQAN software. Do I need to uninstall/reinstall to change the username it's registered to, or is there a hot fix for this?

Andy