Answered

Overload on MC43

Zach Dockter 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

I have an MC43 using a LS Digital Output on Parker solenoid (1A maybe) but the output shows overload.  I use a MC2 on the exact same solenoid and it works fine.  Anyone know why the MC43 is throwing the error but the MC2 is fine?

Answered

DM1 Header Frame Error Code List

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

Can somebody help me with where to find a list of DM1 header frame errors please ? SPNS are not evaluated and all read(-1).  

Image 1293

Answered

Integer Parameter Adjust Item

Chris Litwin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ismael Galleguillos 5 years ago 6

I have an adjust item integer parameter that is user definable through a MD4. The value varies from 50 to 112. I want to display that value in an interactive message. The interactive message shows up when the integer parameter is different from what the previous value was. The previous value is stored in a memorizing channel. The problem I am having is that as soon as the adjustable integer parameter is changed, and it is different from what is in the MEM channel, the message grabs that first different value to display in the message. For example, the default value is 112 and I want to change it to 105. The message comes up and says 111 instead of 105 because it took the first different value. Is there a way to make the adjust item parameter only change values if you press the check mark to confirm?

Not a bug

Memorizing Adjust Item

Chris Litwin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

EXAMPLE PROJECT
IQAN Design 5.02

I was working on setting up a slider on a display page that set the value of a memorizing adjust item. After adding the memorizing channel to a function group and dragging it into the adjust items, I was having issues setting the input of the memorizing channel. I was receiving an "Undefined Reference" error and since it was in an error state I couldn't set the input to refer to itself. The work around was to first select a math channel as the input of the memorizing channel and then it would go out of error state and I could set the memorizing channel to use itself as an input. 

Answered

MD4-VDIN to MC43-DOUT

karl-johan Stjärna 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 5

Does someone know how to make a VDIN (virtual digital) on an MD4 to control a DOUT (Digital out) on MC43?

I get the warning “Channel assigned to an unreachable module”

Answered

Memorized Array / EEPROM question

Rick 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 3

Not sure how memory-writes work in IQAN, so wWe were wondering if large (4096 elements) could be a potential problem.

A large array is used to store adjustable settings, coming from an input terminal. We don't have that many parameters really -typically 100 or so- but we use ID-number-referencing to quickly SET/GET a stored value.

To my knowledge, EEPROM writes should be limited as much as possible. So if I change one element in this array, do all 4096 elements get rewritten into EEPROM, or just that single spot? Or to put the question differently is it recommended to use separate Memorize channels instead of big arrays? The reason we chose arrays is to quickly code stuff, regardless if there are 10 or 1000 parameters.

And about limiting, when does IQAN actually write its EEPROM? As soon as something changes in an Array or when a Memorize channel is triggered, or does it do some smart stuff behind the scenes?

Answered

can identifier not within limits

Davey Lambelin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

Hello, 

Fairly new to the Iqan design... When I try to receive a Can Message (generic 29bit identifier) with ID 0x18FF01, the ID is said to be out of range??? But my ID is in the ID range?!

Thanks for the help in advance

Regards

Davey

Image 1285

Image 1284

iQanDesign 5.x and brand new MC2 unit program download

David Dufour 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 2

I tried today to download a 5.x program into a brand new MC2 unit who have never been upgraded with a new firmware. (Actually, I used 5.03 version)

I always go no communication with the MC2 until I use a V4.x iQan design.

After the first firmware update from 4.07 iQanDesign, I was able to complete the task from the 5.03.

There is an issue with this version ?

Answered

Pop up box size

Richard Staite 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

Does anyone know if its possible to increase the size of the "pop-up" boxes used for conditional messages etc.

Answer

On the Main User Interface you can change this. Also each page can be customize as well

Answered

Adjusting Function Parameters within Display Page (MD4-7)

Diogo Tasquin Reducino 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

Is there a way to use the +/- feature (available through the Adjust option inside the Menu) in a display page created by me? I have a user friendly settings page, but it seems sloppy to use it with the Slider control.