Fixed

Issue with the radio control expansion module (XR) in IQAN Design 5 software update 5.03.14.5040

Meric Forest 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

Hi,

We have noticed an issue with our systems that have a radio expansion module (XR) in the IQAN Design 5 software update 5.03.14.5040. The master module in our system can no longer connect to the radio system when a program in software version 5.03.14.5040 is downloaded to it. However with the same system and same program our master module can now connect perfectly to the radio system but with the program at software version 5.02.13.4984. We noticed this issue as soon as we updated our IQAN design 5. We have created a simple program In IQAN Design 5 with only a MD4-5 master module connected to the radio expansion module (XR) to show visually what we mean. The radio system we are using is a Hetronic radio system. Please refer to the images below. Has anyone seen this before? is this a known issue? or are we missing something? Thanks a lot for your help.

Image 1302

Image 1304

MD4 - Problem in get project

linus torvaldus 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

I have MD4 display with CAN-A configured.

After writing software, I am able to flash the software on MD4 display. When I tried to get the project with same setup, it is giving me following error

"No reply from master module"

Same issue I checked for several times but same error. Allow to flash software but problem in get project.

Kindly advise.

Answered

IQAN Design 3.19 MDL2 Firmware Still Supports Serial Modem Communications ?

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

IQAN Design 3.19 software

MDL2 Firmware

Does this combination still support the serial port functionality to interface with GSM modems ?

Not a bug

Generic parameter out : Wrong value sent ?

C. Drouaud 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 2

Hello,

I have a problem with some generic parameter out. I am sending values to a radio controller display, to be displayed. Value in the IQAN program is 2 for my three parameters, I send then with a generic frame out. Problem is that values displayed on the radio controller are respectively 0, 103 and 26112 even if my 3 values are equals to 2.

I tried to change the different parameters (signed/unsigned interger, little/big endian) with no changes.

The radio display is programmed in Codesys, and the manufacturer suggest me a SHL shift on the values. I don' know how I can check that and change it if it is the problem. I have the Codesys program but I don't really know how it is structured or to re-program it.

Can you please help me with that ?

Thanks in advance,

Answered

IQAN Design 4.07 / MAC / Parallels Question

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Richard Staite 6 years ago 7

I am having a problem with IQAN Design 4.07 crashing and wondered if anyone else is working in the same environment as me.

MAC OS 10.13 // Parallels 13.3.2 // Windows 10

IQAN Design 2.xx, 3.xx, 5.xx all work fine.

IQAN Design 4.07 crashes on save/project check command

CAN Bus-C Failure?

Joe 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

I physically disconnect pins C1:3 & C1:10 (bus B) on an MD4-10.  After startup, the message on the screen was for bus -C failure.  All channels connected to bus C were in a failed state.  I reconnected and communication was re-established.  I then disconnected pins C1:4 and C1:9 (bus C).  On startup, there was no error message, but no data coming in on C.  I disconnected these pins directly at the module, so no chance of a wiring issue.

Originally, the devices on the two buses were configure on bus C only.  They were later re-configured to be on the separate buses.  All the CAN frames for these two buses are in external functions.  This may be related to the timer issue I found related to the external function.

https://forum.iqan.se/communities/1/topics/1381-timer-designsimulate-5-bug

If I am missing something, please someone enlighten me.

Fixed

Timer Design/Simulate 5 Bug

Joe 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 7

I am simulating a process and I commented out the 'QIncrease' line of a timer for the purposes of testing and replaced the text with 'QReset', but the timer still increases when the 'If' statement is true.  I restarted my PC for good measure, but the problem is persistent.  Any thoughts?

Image 1294

Answered

Overload on MC43

Zach Dockter 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

I have an MC43 using a LS Digital Output on Parker solenoid (1A maybe) but the output shows overload.  I use a MC2 on the exact same solenoid and it works fine.  Anyone know why the MC43 is throwing the error but the MC2 is fine?

Answered

DM1 Header Frame Error Code List

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

Can somebody help me with where to find a list of DM1 header frame errors please ? SPNS are not evaluated and all read(-1).  

Image 1293

Answered

Integer Parameter Adjust Item

Chris Litwin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ismael Galleguillos 5 years ago 6

I have an adjust item integer parameter that is user definable through a MD4. The value varies from 50 to 112. I want to display that value in an interactive message. The interactive message shows up when the integer parameter is different from what the previous value was. The previous value is stored in a memorizing channel. The problem I am having is that as soon as the adjustable integer parameter is changed, and it is different from what is in the MEM channel, the message grabs that first different value to display in the message. For example, the default value is 112 and I want to change it to 105. The message comes up and says 111 instead of 105 because it took the first different value. Is there a way to make the adjust item parameter only change values if you press the check mark to confirm?