Answered

MC3 System mismatch

Masia Jean-Baptiste 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 3
Hello

In the error codes, what is the meaning of error code 3: 3 system mismatch?
what is the cause of this none fonctioning?
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards
Jean-Baptiste
RGDH
Develloper for IQan system
Fixed

Outputs disabled on XC10 when running IQAN Design 3.15

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 8
The system we are running is 1 x MD3, 1 x MC3 and 1 x XC10 connected to MC3 as an expansion. We have had no issues with IQAN Design 3.14, but after updating to version 3.15 we are experiencing 'disabled' outputs on the XC10 module. This causes the outputs to remain permanently low.

I have inserted 3.14 back into the machine and the problem goes away. By using IQAN design 3.15 the issue comes back. The program for 3.14 and 3.15 is identical.

What I have found is that by applying a delay on the output it cures the issue when running on 3.15. This delay has to be within the master module as an IDC rather than a delay directly on the output of the module (in the settings on the output function) otherwise the fault still comes up.

The firmware version on the XC10 module is 1.05. We had this issue a while back when the XC10 modules were running 1.03 and we, but adding a module enable delay seemed to cure the issue. The last few machines have been fine when running IQAN Design 3.14 and XC10 firmware 1.05.

This makes IQAN Design 3.15 non functional at the moment as we use XC10 modules on a regular basis. Any ideas as to a solution please?

Reset "Adjust Item Value" via the program

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 2

It would be nice to be able to reset any adjust group parameter via a Reset Channel in the program. (Text, Integer, Function, Digital) Currently the only way I know how to reset a channel is by a person physically pushing reset on that adjust group.

What I am trying to achieve is I want a user to be able to name an item via a Text Parameter. Once the user has it named, I want them to be able to reset it back to the default later on via a virtual input on a display. Reason behind this is I have 40 Text Parameters I need to reset to default with one simple action.

Mode selector for "Text Formatting Channel"

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 2

It would be nice to be able to assign a State machine or parameter to a "Text Formatting Channel".

I have a situation where I have "Group A", 10 Text Parameters with with a state machine (10 states) assigned to it. And a "Group B" of 15 Text Parameters with a 15 state machine. I would like to use a Single Text formatting channel to Add Group A to B for certain situation.

Trying to display the text on the screen currently is painful.

Also on a separate note it would also be nice to be able to use a Text Formatting Channel in a Text Parameter.

Answered

Array problem

Tuomas 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Pierre Fagrell 4 years ago 7

Example: I have array what size is 100 and If I have only 60 measurements there, How I get minimum and average values from these measurements?

ArrayIndexOfMin and ArrayAverage calculates all array 100 values even these empty 40 records and then I get wrong calculations.

How do I get minimum and average values only from records what contains measurements bigger than 0?

Input from video feed

Martin Gagne 9 years ago in IQANdesign 0
It would be really great to be able to take the video feed from an Axis camera as an input into the MD4 to be able to do image processing, for example, to be able to check for high intensities of light and relay specific messages over CAN communication.
Answered

IQAN 2.6 switching pages automatically

Zach 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 3
I tried to save space in a program by deleting a display page function group that ran the pages from a state channel and virtual inputs.
Then I put the page selection onto the buttons in the display pages of an md3 running 2.6

So now when I press the down arrow key, the next page displays.
How do I set a trigger for a specific page to appear?

Answered

J1939 Address Claim / Start Address

Metalfor 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 9
Hello, I'm working with a J1939 project in which I want to use a MD4-7 as an instrument cluster. The Cluster must have the chance to make address claim in J1939 with the 23 address. Is that possible? Regards. Diego.
Answer

New property on the J1939 bus for address claim introduced in IQANdesign 5.02. Forces IQAN master modules to claim their J1939 address before starting other J1939 communication.

Answered

jframe input polling question

Zach 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 1
On some machines I have a polling request set for every 500ms.
I wondered how often polling happens by default if I don't use the polling request.

Sometimes I have polling for engine hours, battery voltage, and fuel used.
Sometimes I don't.
I would like to know what to consider for determining when I should.
J1939 is configured for 250kbs.
I have 2 second timeouts.
I thought that the protocol went through each pgn to see if there was information to be exchanged, then it got the information from each pgn.
So if my timeout is 2 seconds, then I would think polling every 500ms would not be something worth doing.

Online Edits

Caola, Robert 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

It would be nice to be able to go online with the PLC and make changes. Our system is getting pretty robust in design and it would be a great troubleshooting tool. It also would be in line with what some other automation companies are doing, such as Rockwell and Siemens.