Answered

MD3 unusual failure

RichardKow 6 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 5

Hi everyone,

I work with a customer that uses system with MD3 to control forklift truck.It has worked well for quite long time and suddenly MD3 screen has gone blank (black) however all controls work fine (system works fine). Have you got any suggestions where to start trouble shooting.

Thanks in advance for your valuable support

Regards,

Richard

Answer
DRG 6 years ago

You probably have a too high module temperature.

If i remember well, the backlight is switched off when the internal temperature exceeds a certain limit.

When the temp goes down, the backlight should be activated automatically

Maybe you can measure the temp with iqan run

Not a bug

Generic parameter out : Wrong value sent ?

C. Drouaud 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 2

Hello,

I have a problem with some generic parameter out. I am sending values to a radio controller display, to be displayed. Value in the IQAN program is 2 for my three parameters, I send then with a generic frame out. Problem is that values displayed on the radio controller are respectively 0, 103 and 26112 even if my 3 values are equals to 2.

I tried to change the different parameters (signed/unsigned interger, little/big endian) with no changes.

The radio display is programmed in Codesys, and the manufacturer suggest me a SHL shift on the values. I don' know how I can check that and change it if it is the problem. I have the Codesys program but I don't really know how it is structured or to re-program it.

Can you please help me with that ?

Thanks in advance,

Answered

IQAN Design 4.07 / MAC / Parallels Question

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Richard Staite 6 years ago 7

I am having a problem with IQAN Design 4.07 crashing and wondered if anyone else is working in the same environment as me.

MAC OS 10.13 // Parallels 13.3.2 // Windows 10

IQAN Design 2.xx, 3.xx, 5.xx all work fine.

IQAN Design 4.07 crashes on save/project check command

Answered

license in 5.0

mgoutier 6 years ago updated 6 years ago 2

Can someone break down what is going on with the new 5.0 licensing? I have had a few licenses now since Iqandevelop and I recently updated my software to 5.0 for some of the added functionality. Now that I have around 30-50 machines with 5.0 on them, i just noticed that the licensing will/might be subscription based? Does this mean if I do not want to pay a yearly subscription I have roll back my software to 4.0? or will that be blocked as well? 

CAN Bus-C Failure?

Joe 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

I physically disconnect pins C1:3 & C1:10 (bus B) on an MD4-10.  After startup, the message on the screen was for bus -C failure.  All channels connected to bus C were in a failed state.  I reconnected and communication was re-established.  I then disconnected pins C1:4 and C1:9 (bus C).  On startup, there was no error message, but no data coming in on C.  I disconnected these pins directly at the module, so no chance of a wiring issue.

Originally, the devices on the two buses were configure on bus C only.  They were later re-configured to be on the separate buses.  All the CAN frames for these two buses are in external functions.  This may be related to the timer issue I found related to the external function.

https://forum.iqan.se/communities/1/topics/1381-timer-designsimulate-5-bug

If I am missing something, please someone enlighten me.

Fixed

Timer Design/Simulate 5 Bug

Joe 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 7

I am simulating a process and I commented out the 'QIncrease' line of a timer for the purposes of testing and replaced the text with 'QReset', but the timer still increases when the 'If' statement is true.  I restarted my PC for good measure, but the problem is persistent.  Any thoughts?

Image 1294

Answered

Overload on MC43

Zach Dockter 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

I have an MC43 using a LS Digital Output on Parker solenoid (1A maybe) but the output shows overload.  I use a MC2 on the exact same solenoid and it works fine.  Anyone know why the MC43 is throwing the error but the MC2 is fine?

Answered

DM1 Header Frame Error Code List

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

Can somebody help me with where to find a list of DM1 header frame errors please ? SPNS are not evaluated and all read(-1).  

Image 1293

Measure display widnow

Damian Trutkowski 6 years ago 0

Is it just my impression or the values on the second picture are more readable?

Image 1290

Image 1291

Is there any reason why values and units are connected? While using the multimeter in IQANdesign I started to think about it ...

Answered

IQANsimulate screen capturing

Brad C 6 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 5

Is there a way to do a mass export of all screens in IQANsimulate?  Investigating for our technical publications team who want to save time documenting programs.