MD4 Crash With Blue Screen

Kevin 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

I have a customer with a machine fitted with multimaster 1 x MD4 and 2 x MC3 running 3.19.10 (display is running 3.19.10.910, MC3 running 3.19.9.2170). Randomly with the machine powered and no change of inputs on any modules or touch inputs to the MD4 we get blue screen. The display does not recover from blue screen, and the system needs reboot to clear the error.

Logs in MC3 (number 1) suggest loss of contact with MD4 display and second MC3, no contact. At time of MD4 blue screen i got a diagnostics bus error (wired to bus D on each controller) logged only on first MC3. Second MC3 does not appear to have any no contact errors with any modules. MD4 does not appear to have any no contact errors (dosnt even log the blue screen). 

I see there are some old issues found with the V3 software, would the recommendation be to update to version 4.03 initially? We have 10 machines running his software successfully, only this machine appears to be troublesome, they are all running same software and hardware.

We have CAN open device on CAN C, terminated both in display using software termination and also at the node end using resistor.

Image 1316

Image 1315

Password protected actions?

Forrest 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Majid 2 months ago 4

Using a MD3 I have a set of "Emergency Functions" to give direct control over the system and bypassing the normal safety over-rides. I did this to allow a malfunctioning truck to return to a safe condition so it can be brought back for servicing and allow for easier servicing. 

It function by using various screens and jumping between screens to control different circuits.

I currently have it so you put in the password once to enable these functions by allowing access to these screens, and then they are enabled indefinately.

What I would like to acomplish would be 

A. Require a passeword input every time the main emergency function screen is accessed, 

or

B. Have the State Parameter that is adjusted to allow the Emergency Functions to be accessed, reset to "disable" with every power down.

I don't think I can do A, but it would be prefered. B should be doable, but I don't see quite how to do it. Do I need to use something other than a state parameter?

Array does not store value

C. Drouaud 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 4

Hello everyone,

I have some issues with arrays which don't store the value. 

I use a digital trigger to store some data in 6 different arrays. 2 of them correctly store the data so I can get them after, but the 4 others don't store the values, they stay at 0. Stored values are real. 

Here is the Qcode i use to store the values. Expect the name of the channel, it is the same Qcode for each array : 

Image 1305

When New hole in is true, Hole number is incremented and I want to store the values related to the previous hole number. I have a 1000ms tempo on resetting datas (X axis corrected for example). Example I gave is the one working.
Thanks in advance for your ideas about this issue.
Fixed

Issue with the radio control expansion module (XR) in IQAN Design 5 software update 5.03.14.5040

Meric Forest 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

Hi,

We have noticed an issue with our systems that have a radio expansion module (XR) in the IQAN Design 5 software update 5.03.14.5040. The master module in our system can no longer connect to the radio system when a program in software version 5.03.14.5040 is downloaded to it. However with the same system and same program our master module can now connect perfectly to the radio system but with the program at software version 5.02.13.4984. We noticed this issue as soon as we updated our IQAN design 5. We have created a simple program In IQAN Design 5 with only a MD4-5 master module connected to the radio expansion module (XR) to show visually what we mean. The radio system we are using is a Hetronic radio system. Please refer to the images below. Has anyone seen this before? is this a known issue? or are we missing something? Thanks a lot for your help.

Image 1302

Image 1304

MD4 - Problem in get project

linus torvaldus 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

I have MD4 display with CAN-A configured.

After writing software, I am able to flash the software on MD4 display. When I tried to get the project with same setup, it is giving me following error

"No reply from master module"

Same issue I checked for several times but same error. Allow to flash software but problem in get project.

Kindly advise.

Answered

IQAN Design 3.19 MDL2 Firmware Still Supports Serial Modem Communications ?

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

IQAN Design 3.19 software

MDL2 Firmware

Does this combination still support the serial port functionality to interface with GSM modems ?

Answered

MD3 unusual failure

RichardKow 6 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 5

Hi everyone,

I work with a customer that uses system with MD3 to control forklift truck.It has worked well for quite long time and suddenly MD3 screen has gone blank (black) however all controls work fine (system works fine). Have you got any suggestions where to start trouble shooting.

Thanks in advance for your valuable support

Regards,

Richard

Answer
DRG 6 years ago

You probably have a too high module temperature.

If i remember well, the backlight is switched off when the internal temperature exceeds a certain limit.

When the temp goes down, the backlight should be activated automatically

Maybe you can measure the temp with iqan run

Not a bug

Generic parameter out : Wrong value sent ?

C. Drouaud 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 2

Hello,

I have a problem with some generic parameter out. I am sending values to a radio controller display, to be displayed. Value in the IQAN program is 2 for my three parameters, I send then with a generic frame out. Problem is that values displayed on the radio controller are respectively 0, 103 and 26112 even if my 3 values are equals to 2.

I tried to change the different parameters (signed/unsigned interger, little/big endian) with no changes.

The radio display is programmed in Codesys, and the manufacturer suggest me a SHL shift on the values. I don' know how I can check that and change it if it is the problem. I have the Codesys program but I don't really know how it is structured or to re-program it.

Can you please help me with that ?

Thanks in advance,

Answered

IQAN Design 4.07 / MAC / Parallels Question

Nick Pridham 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Richard Staite 6 years ago 7

I am having a problem with IQAN Design 4.07 crashing and wondered if anyone else is working in the same environment as me.

MAC OS 10.13 // Parallels 13.3.2 // Windows 10

IQAN Design 2.xx, 3.xx, 5.xx all work fine.

IQAN Design 4.07 crashes on save/project check command

Answered

license in 5.0

mgoutier 6 years ago updated 6 years ago 2

Can someone break down what is going on with the new 5.0 licensing? I have had a few licenses now since Iqandevelop and I recently updated my software to 5.0 for some of the added functionality. Now that I have around 30-50 machines with 5.0 on them, i just noticed that the licensing will/might be subscription based? Does this mean if I do not want to pay a yearly subscription I have roll back my software to 4.0? or will that be blocked as well?