Answered

Text Button for change of Digital Parameter Channel state

Damian Trutkowski 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 1

Hello,

This may be a trivial question, but ..... it's always better to ask :)

Let's say we have a small project with  MD4 + MC43 - both connected only with Diagnostics bus.

Image 1249

In MC43 application logic we have an Integer parameter channel (IPC: value1) and Digital parameter channel (DPC: value2). Both channels have their own adjust items.

Image 1250

On a display page of MD4 there is IPC: value1 slider and DPC: value2 text button.

Image 1251

My question is why we can adjust IPC: value1 (which is located in the MC43 application logic) from MD4 display, but we can't change the state of DPC: value2 with text button?

You can do it with a switch on a display page but you can't with a text button.

Thanks in advance.

Damian

blink led

linus torvaldus 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 6 years ago 3

How to blink any ISO symbol for 0.5 Hz when SPN value should be 1.

Answered

Heap check failed warning

DavidH 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 6

I'm getting a warning in an IQANdesign project check for "Heap check failed"... "could not initialize embsup.dll".

I tried loading this code to an MD4-7, but the installation failed and the controller seemed to be stuck with partially loaded firmware, even after power cycling the unit multiple times. I pulled the address tag and was able to load an empty code to restore the unit.

This code started with an import of a few display pages along with their associated components (and MD4-7) that had been exported from another idax file. I was trying to isolate these display pages and test some ideas without the rest of the code involved.

Does anyone know why I'm getting this warning?

I'm using IQANdesign 5.02.13.4984

Thanks!

Image 1233

APPIN in External Functions

Jonas Bengtsson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 0

I added an APPOUT to an External Function and seems to work fine and I can assign it to an APPIN on the receiving Master. But when I add an APPIN inside an External Function I cannot assign any input channel for that APPIN channel in my main program.

Answered

J1939 get/check status if no contact

Damir Pinezić 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 6

Hi,

Is it possible to get status of J1939 device, or check/get status if some J1939 data(PGN) is not receiving?

I have created custom diagnostic page and would like to get this status if J1939 device is offline.

TNX

Functional Safety Controllers

Richard Staite 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Are there any plans to produce a Functional Safety Controller where the failsafe state is configurable so that it can cope with Energise to Trip SIF ( i.e. failsafe state is not necessarily de-energised)

Rotate Text

mgoutier 6 years ago 0

It would really helpful to have the ability to rotate Text. I have a bargraph laying out a 24 hour timeline and I have to make pictures in Paint and rotate them and save them as images to fit the time under a bar graph. 

Answered

Switch reset on power up

Neeraj Chirmulay 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 12

Hello,

Is there any way to implement an on-screen switch (on/off) on an MD4, that always resets to Off upon power cycle or power up? We're trying to implement an on/off switch for a pump, but we don't want the switch to stay in its last state when the controller is powered off and powered on again. We would like it to always power up with that pump switch off. 

Does anyone have any really nice images they would like to share.

Mark 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by karl-johan Stjärna 6 years ago 7

Buttons, lights, graphics of any sort. Trying to build a library. I will share what I have with whomever might want it.

Theme color for multi theme display

Frank GUO 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 1

Can theme color be changed by parameters? Or is there a solution for multi theme displays? i.e. day and night mode for display. It looks like theme color could only be selected for all display pages.