Answered

Error division by zero in system log

Laura 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 3

What is the easiest way to program the software to prevent the error division by zero in the system log?

Sending Text with a Generic CAN

C. Drouaud 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 9

Hello,

I need to send a channel Text with a generic CAN-BUS to an external display. It seems that Generic parameter doesn't accept Text channel.

How can I do it ?

Thanks in advance. 

Answered

MC43 ( MC4x ) RTC

Antonio Garcia 6 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 year ago 7

Hello!

I've been reading instruction book, but I'm not sure about this doubt. And have no MC43 at the moment to be tested.

In IQAN Design, when adding an MC43 module to the system, it doesn't have "RTC Enabled" property in its property inspector. But, I doubt if it has no internal RTC, or it does, but can't be disabled.

Does MC43 have RTC?

In case MC43 does NOT have RTC:

Will event logs always register the time from system startup? 

If there's another master in the system with enabled RTC, MD4 for instance, will the MC43 Logs take the time from the MD4 for its event logs?

Thanks!

Answered

Root Access Logs Download with Service Access

JamesV 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 6

I would like the ability to have a value and event log which can only be viewed or cleared with root access, but will be saved into a clone when the clone is taken by a service tech with only service access. This way a service technician can download a clone in the field and send it to me and I will be able to access a higher level of logs than they could see. 

I have tried linking the "visible" parameter to an IDC that is true only with root access and leaving "enabled" as yes, and every combination of view and clear access levels but have not been able to get what I want. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Answered

backlight changing

Mark Kettel 6 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

Has anyone used any hardware to automatically change the back lighting of the IQAN displays (MD5 MD4 and MD3) automatically with the change of ambient light outside on a vehicle? I have a customer asking the best way to do this, any suggestions or assistance from anyone? Please let me know thanks. 

Problem with the image library. (Iso)

Masia Jean-Baptiste 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Anders Båth 6 years ago 1

On the Iqan 4.07 + md4-7
I would like to put on my Md4 two identical iso symbol, but size is different colors.
When I go through User Interface / Image and I import my image, there is no problem.
When
I go through User Interface / MD4-7 display pages that I go to my page,
that I go through the addition of the live library, it is impossible to
integrate two identical iso symbols, but with a size or a color different, it's impossible. As soon as you change pages, the logos change automatically and become identical!

Not reproducible

IQANsync 5.01.4

Chris Prestley 6 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

I updated iOS app to 5.01.4 yesterday and now I can not connect to any G11 modem. The app will see the module but when sending file to machine, I get a "Communication interface error" "Could not find services". When going into Bluetooth adapter configuration, it again sees the module but only show 0.00 on firmware, BIOS, and Hardware versions. Prior to this update, everything was working great. System is running 4.07.14.4747 on a MC42.

Answered

SMS in

Salih 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

I have a question about "sms in channel".
I'm doing application like the following with the G3 modem and MC2.

Image 1061

I can't read this message from the software when I send a message to the gsm card that I plugged to G3 modem in externally. 

What could be the problem?
(But I can send a message from the g3 modem when I make a sms out application similar to this application.)

Completed

Simulation Screenshots

Lars Bolduc 6 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 4

Hello,

I think it would be convenient to be able to grab a printout of what is on the simulated screen in a PNG or JPEG format. For documentation purposes primarily.

Right now Windows' Snipping Tool works but it's a very slow process and you have to be very precise. It also is impossible to get each screenshot to be the same size as the display's (MD4 in my case) screen.

Thank you.

Answer

I believe F12 during the simulation will grab screen shots.

Answered

Ethercat

Richard Staite 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by David Dahlgren 1 year ago 2

Hi Does anyone have any knowledge of Ethercat and whether its possible to interface using this protocol with Iqan?

There seems to be a version of CANopen over ethercat and I was hoping it may be possible to use this?