Fixed

IQANsync iOS (Version 5.01) Incompatible version when when copying file from IQANdesign 5.01.32.4815

Phil WIllis 6 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 4

I am trying to copy a project file(.idax) via email attachment on an iphone running iOS10 and after the upgrading to iOS11.1.2.  The IQANsync version is 5.01 and the file is coming from IQANdesign 5.01.32.4815.

the error pop up in IQANsync reads:

" Incompatible Version

This file is too new.  Please update your version of IQANsync for iOS"

The app store tells me i have the latest version.  Is  there a way to save files to an older format?

Fixed

State Parameter Error: Refers to itself - iQan 5.01

RobinArvidsson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 9

i just upgraded to IQAN 5.01 and got the "refers to itself" error on one of my state parameters. 

i am refering a Text parameter into the "text" field of the states in the state parameter, 

The text parameter is using the state parameter as mode selector. 

is this bad practice or a bug in the update? 

i've done this to be able to display an editable name of my state parameter when using the state picker in the gui.

Image 1000

Answered

Copying SPNs

Christoffer Fager 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

Hi,

I noticed that when copying SPNs to a new project or external FG the name is copied but you loose all translations

It would be nice to have all the information included.

Answered

What is the easiest way of making quick triggers for Event counter

Captain Sprocket 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 8

Not sure how to put the correct term to this request, but to explain what I basically want to do is use VDIN buttons as EVENT COUNTER triggers. But when holding the button down for say a second then it must start triggering the event counter continuously in quick successions of say 100ms.

There must be a simple way to do this?

Answered

unhide hidden objects MD4 screen

RobinArvidsson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 4

i'm using the "visible" slot alot in my display pages on MD4 to conditionally hide and show values/controls alot. 

When hiding a value channel, on startup, and then unhide it when for example i press a VDIN the value will not unhide until i press the button the second time. 

in the simulator everything works as expected. the value gets visable the first time i press the VDIN, but on the acctual hardware i need to press it twice.. 

Anyone seen this before? is it a calculation order thing? when do the screen refresh? can i force a "redraw" of the screen? 

and the odd thing is that it is only true for the absolute first time after boot, later on all works in the current display page..

IQAN 5.00, MD4-10

Robin

Answered

MD4 - GFOUT or JFOUT Assignment

cdvorak 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 7

Maybe I am missing something very simple, but I am struggling to understand how to receive an analog input on a XC23 connected to a MD4, convert it to a CAN parameter (generic or J1939), insert this CAN parameter into a CAN frame and output it on the bus with the MD4 module. Everything is straight forward until having to assign the JFOUT or GFOUT to a module. The system seems to not allow me to assign the JFOUT or GFOUT to the MD4 module. Do I need to create another device on the Generic or J1939 bus and assign this output frame to that device? This is some what confusing to me as this seems really like a virtual module, as I would anticipate that the MD4 is really the device sending the message. If I have to create another module on the J1939 bus to assign this JFOUT to does it have to be a different J1939 source address than the MD4 module? Another question, if the MD4 is connected to two J1939 buses can it not use different source addresses on each bus? Please help. 

MC4x error status

Frank GUO 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

Hi,

Is there any way to read the error status of MC4x? I believe when error occurred a system message would show up. But is there any channel can be used to identify what error detected?

For example, how do I retrieve the error on DOUT HS+LS?

Regards,

Frank  

MC4xFS: VIN combined with CIN as safety function

Frank GUO 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 2

Hi,

In the MD4x instruction book, it says VIN can be used combined with CIN as safety function.

If the sensor normal output ranged from 0.5v-4.5v, what would be extra safety measure by adding the CIN as the ground of sensor? If the signal abnormal, it would be out of the range. Is the extra CIN doing the same thing?

Regards,

Frank

Fixed

IQANsync not connecting to Dropbox

Sander Sermus 6 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

Hello!

I am trying to update my credentials for Dropbox on IQANsync on the phone, but it will not let me access my files from the dropbox link.

The phone is iPhone 5, iOS version 10.3.3 and IQANsync version is 4.07.2

I go to "Manage files"->"Dropbox".

From there I see a screen with the text "No Dropbox access. Dropbox acces has not been set up, or needs to be renewed. Please enter your Dropbox credentials and approve access in the web form that will show next."

I press OK, type in my credentials and after that press sign in. I allow IQANsync to access my Dropbox and after that it crashes out to the "Device" screen.

I have tried removing the access right from the Dropbox user settings, still no improvement.

I have another phone, iPhone 5s, iOS version 11.1.1 and IQANsync version 4.07.2.

I revoked the credentials on the 5s phone and I could easily allow IQANsync access to Dropbox on that phone because the screen didn't crash after allowing access.

Is it a bug?

Completed

J1939 Baud Rate Adjustment

Shawn Hurst 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by mdonaldson 5 years ago 3

The J1939 speed cannot be adjusted in the adjust group of the IQAN system.  The only way to change the speed is to adjust the drop down menu in IQANdesign and resend the application.

Currently, i have to keep 2 versions of our software current with this selection in the 2 different states.  

If it was adjustable on the machine, we could use 1 program and have our technicians select the speed of the unit they are connecting to.  Something similar to using an FP with a step size of 250, min value of 250 and max value of 500.