Answered

Backup Log IQANRun 5

Mirre 6 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 5

Can we have full log file *.irfX back.

I can not find it in IQANRun 5...

Image 1098

Answered

Flexibility with sorting modules or FGs in desired order under Functionality and System branches

Pawel Pekala 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

Would be nice to have same flexibility with sorting modules or FGs in desired order as in User Interface/display pages. 

Answer

You do that by moving them around in the Calculation Order dialog.

Fixed

'New Simulation' vs 'Last Used Simulation'

Lars Bolduc 6 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

Hello,

Is there supposed to be any consistency between the two options 'New Simulation' vs 'Last Used Simulation'? These are from the prompt given when starting a simulation of a project from IQANdesign.

I would like 'New Simulation' to start fresh and forget any information entered during previous simulation sessions, and I would think that 'Last Used Simulation' would do the opposite of that.

No matter which option I choose it seems completely random what will happen. Usually it remembers the previous session data, which is frustrating. I never directly save simulations, but I believe the autosave feature is what is doing this.

I have been able to observe this behaviour with both IQANsimulate 4.07 and IQANsimulate 5.

Is this feature broken or is it intended to do this?

Thank you.

Master to master comunication efficencies?

Forrest 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

I am considering a MD4, MC42 and MC41 system vs. the current MD3 with a pair of  XA2 modules for a revamp comming up.

Does version 5 comunicate between masters more efficently than V4?

How about V6, and if so, about when can I expect it?

How many packets of information can I send before the bandwidth gets clogged and performance is impacted?

Is there a way to set J1939 inputs to autmatically generate when an J1939 ouput is created in another master?

If not, please consider it for a future revision.

Answered

License number not working for old versions

Richard Staite 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 2

I am trying to re-install a couple of older versions of Iqandesign onto a new Computer so that I can work with some older applications but for some reason my license number will not allow the installation to continue as a licensed version - only as a trial version

Mixed can message id length on same bus

Chuck 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

For generic busses, I would like to suggest the ability to specify message Identifier Size (11 or 29bit) on each message rather than the entire bus.

Order on FSM

Dingoma 6 years ago updated 6 years ago 2

Hello.

I think it would be a good improvement if we can give to states in FSM the order that we want (not only be allowed to order states in a list)
In this way, if our fsm has some ramifications, we can use any kind of code to give the order to the state and in this way it would be easier to develop the application.
For example, in this image, if we use 2x numbers to the top line, if we need to add a new state between 21 and 22, and the dout must be active also in the new state, it is easier to have something like inside 20 and 29 than add this new state to active if state=20, state=21, state=22...

Not sure if I'm using FSM in the correct way or there is other way to do this, but FSM works really nice

Image 1081

IQAN SV video quality

Damian Trutkowski 6 years ago updated by Cam McCulloch 2 years ago 1

Hi there,

Does anyone have a video with the image from IQAN SV camera? 

I'm using now a BRIGADE camera but I'm not happy with the quality of image.

Thanks in advance.

Damian

Fixed

Sorting by Identifier in list for CAN module not possible

Peter Nyman 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

Hi. It's not possible to sort by identifier in the lists of CAN-modules.

In fact all of the sorting functions in theese lists are malfunctioning or not working att all.

If you have a long list of parameters it's difficult to see if one is occupied when adding a new one.

Also the sorting should switch between ascending and decending when clicking a column again.

Using IQANdesign 5.01.35.4850

Answered

Factory CAN Ports Termination

Antonio Garcia 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

Hello!

Lets say I have a multimaster system, with two masters, and nothing else.

They are connected to eachother with two CAN buses, one for diag bus and the other for master bus. No external termination on any side, because I want them to be internally terminated.

So, in IQANDesign, I configure the used ports to be internally terminated.

But, what is the factory configuration regarding port termination on masters?

May I encounter any problem during first upload?

I would like to send the project through ethernet connection on just one of the masters. But I'm afraid the master on the other side won't be detected, in case can buses are not factory terminated.

Thanks!