Spliting value in 2 byte in generic frame

C. Drouaud 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jonas Bengtsson 3 years ago 3

Hi everyone,

I need to send a generic frame, but the generic parameters are not always the same size. For example, in a certain mode, I have to send four 2-bytes parameter on my frame and in another mode, I have to send eight 1-byte parameter.

How can I manage this ? Can I split the 2-bytes parameters in two 1-byte parameter so I have just 8 generic 1-byte parameter (value depending on the mode) ?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Completed

nb of array limitation

Jean-Marc Zanni 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 1

Developing an application on an MD3.  When checking the program I got the following message:

Image 1106
How may are we allowed to use?

Display overlay

Jack 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Kerry 6 years ago 1

How do we get the screen to overlay the main display like in the picture, I can create a view with a additional layer but it does not overlay

Some improvements to Arrays

Antonio Garcia 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 0

Hello,

I know there's a wide list of possible array improvements out there, but I would like to post my main concerns. (I think none of them are already supported).

Array easy static initialization 

In case of having to work with large arrays, plain initialization line by line is tedious (I use excel or some external editor to write the lines, and then copy&paste them to IQAN). 

array_name[0] := 0xA0

array_name[1] := 0xA5

array_name[1200] := 0x00

Apart, when there's such big amount of lines, it really slows down the IDE when oppening and scrolling this channel.

I don't really know if this kind of initialization, with constant numbers, is somehow optimized, or it is executed every cycle. I haven't really tested %cycle, but I use to do something like:

static init:=TRUE

IF( init ) THEN

array_name[0] := 0xA0

array_name[1200] := 0x00

init := FALSE

ENDIF

Just in case.

So, a major improvement would be to have an easier method of static initialization. 

Perhaps, a C-like way: array_name := [0xA0, ... , 0x00]. 

Or, from an csv o txt, just like LUT.

A minor and faster update, would be adding the "static" keyword to arrays, in order to perform a real one-time initialization, while maintaining the classic array filling method.

So, the following piece of code at the very beginning:

static array_name[0] := 0xA0

static array_name[1200] := 0x00

Would mean it is an initialization, and not a cycle by cycle assignment.

Array Function Selector

Not meant to multiply array size (array values should be shared and preserved between states, if not overwriten), but to perform different operations or asigments depending on the state variable, just like in any other channel. At the moment I must use uglier methods, whereas a function selector would make it much more elegant.

Loops in QCode. 

At least, just inside array's QCode. This has already been asked before in other posts. Really simple algorithims became overkill in IQAN due to lack of Loops.

Thanks!

Answered

Flexibility with sorting modules or FGs in desired order under Functionality and System branches

Pawel Pekala 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

Would be nice to have same flexibility with sorting modules or FGs in desired order as in User Interface/display pages. 

Answer

You do that by moving them around in the Calculation Order dialog.

Master to master comunication efficencies?

Forrest 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

I am considering a MD4, MC42 and MC41 system vs. the current MD3 with a pair of  XA2 modules for a revamp comming up.

Does version 5 comunicate between masters more efficently than V4?

How about V6, and if so, about when can I expect it?

How many packets of information can I send before the bandwidth gets clogged and performance is impacted?

Is there a way to set J1939 inputs to autmatically generate when an J1939 ouput is created in another master?

If not, please consider it for a future revision.

Answered

License number not working for old versions

Richard Staite 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 2

I am trying to re-install a couple of older versions of Iqandesign onto a new Computer so that I can work with some older applications but for some reason my license number will not allow the installation to continue as a licensed version - only as a trial version

Mixed can message id length on same bus

Chuck 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

For generic busses, I would like to suggest the ability to specify message Identifier Size (11 or 29bit) on each message rather than the entire bus.

Fixed

Sorting by Identifier in list for CAN module not possible

Peter Nyman 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

Hi. It's not possible to sort by identifier in the lists of CAN-modules.

In fact all of the sorting functions in theese lists are malfunctioning or not working att all.

If you have a long list of parameters it's difficult to see if one is occupied when adding a new one.

Also the sorting should switch between ascending and decending when clicking a column again.

Using IQANdesign 5.01.35.4850

Answered

Factory CAN Ports Termination

Antonio Garcia 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

Hello!

Lets say I have a multimaster system, with two masters, and nothing else.

They are connected to eachother with two CAN buses, one for diag bus and the other for master bus. No external termination on any side, because I want them to be internally terminated.

So, in IQANDesign, I configure the used ports to be internally terminated.

But, what is the factory configuration regarding port termination on masters?

May I encounter any problem during first upload?

I would like to send the project through ethernet connection on just one of the masters. But I'm afraid the master on the other side won't be detected, in case can buses are not factory terminated.

Thanks!