Using (2) MD4 Display modules and (3) MC43

Mark 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

I have an application that will use (2) MD4 display modules active at the same time for the screen space as well as (3) MC43's for the I/O points (without using the Master capability). Basically I want to use the MC43's as expansion modules. Is there any reason I cannot do this? What are the recommendations to make this work?

Declined

when save as: default file type "ids" instead of "ida"

Sven Bertilsson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 1

small detail, but why not use ids as default fileformat in save as pop up window since ids is the format you always(?) like to use.    a bit annoying to have to pay attention to this as it is now

Fixed

compare two applications

Laura 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by chuck streb 12 months ago 5

When comparing two applications the values of the adjust items are not in the comparing list.

Image 1071

So it is easy to make mistakes.

Answered

Help changing the state of a Digital Parameter Channel from inside a math function

connor rhind 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 3

I am new to IQAN and am needing to change the mode of a Digital Paramater when an event occurs, is there any way to do this?

I am trying to change it inside a math function but it reports "Hint at Position 3: Expression not used".

Thanks

Completed

BWL Filter - Out of Range Issue

NathanS 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

Hello,

I am using IQAN Design V5.01 and am attempting to utilize BWL filtering on a signal.  The filter works fine when the BWL parameter is between 0 to 100, but once it exceeds 100 it goes "Out of Range".  Could the BWL filter be updated to allow for BWL parameter values above 100?  Thanks.

Answered

JPOUT rounding versus MAC rounding

Rick 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 1

How does a JPOUT block exactly round its value? And did something change there recently (since IQAN 5.0 or 5.01)?

We didn't see this problem before on other (slightly older) machines, but recently we ran into CRC Checksum computation problems. And my guess is that the QCode that does the computation (can't use the IQAN CRC blocks unfortunately) produces a slight different number in a few rare cases.

(see pic) So, both the JPOUT & MAC block that will compute the checksum, are connected to another MAC "LeverPosition [%]" block, which is a Float. So the position could be 49,49999. Multiply that by 500, you get 24749,95. I assume JPOUT will round this UP to 24750, like the QCode does.

Yet, sometimes (every few minutes, but that is relative rare for a joystick position that is sent rapidly and changing constantly!) the receiving transmission unit complains about a bad checksum. The strange part is that this didn't happen before on multiple (IQAN 4.7 / 5.0) machines.

Eventually we "fixed" it by simply rounding the LeverPosition at forehand. The error was gone, yet I wonder why this happens...

Image 1068

Answered

Real Datatype integer accuracy

M Donaldson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 3

How many bits are part of the mantissa for the real datatype? We are bring in a rather large value(32-bit) that we use to generate PIN codes. Unfortunately we are bringing this in with a JPIN which is a real datatype. I've noticed in simulation when I enter a certain value it seems to get rounded to another. See below

Typed Value End Value
20031540 20031540
20031541 20031540
20031542 20031542
20031543 20031544
20031544 20031544
20031545 20031544
20031546 20031546
20031547 20031548
20031548 20031548
20031549 20031548

I'm just wondering what the top end is for Integer accuracy using a real datatype.

Thanks,

Answered

Error division by zero in system log

Laura 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 3

What is the easiest way to program the software to prevent the error division by zero in the system log?

Sending Text with a Generic CAN

C. Drouaud 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 9

Hello,

I need to send a channel Text with a generic CAN-BUS to an external display. It seems that Generic parameter doesn't accept Text channel.

How can I do it ?

Thanks in advance.