A PEOPLE MAKE APP. FOR BACKWARD SENSOR

claudio 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

DOES EXIST AN APPLICATION WITH MD3 FOR BACKWARD SENSOR

Answered

The module MC41 [-1] does not match the address of the application. Do you want to download the application to this module anyway?

Ben Gearon 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 10

This message is sometimes displayed when I am programming a new MC41 with a well used simple application. The application has [0] listed at the address and the harness also has [0] resistor present. 

The application seems to work problem free once loaded however I wanted to try and understand why this message is being displayed and why it only occasionally occurs.   

Thank you in advance.

Not a bug

MC43 HS + LS Digital Out

Larri 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 1

We are using a Digital Out HS + LS and noticed that if the output is True and we disconnect the function, it does NOT report it as an "Open Load".  If the output is False and we disconnect the function, it does report it as an "Open Load".  We have tried this with the "DOUT Under Current Detection" set to Yes and No with same results.  This also occurs with the Digital Out LS, but not Digital Out HS.  Is this a possible bug?

Answered

Disable open load DOUT MC42

RobinArvidsson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 6

i'm sure i've seen it somewhere, that it would be possible to disable open load detection on a DOUT. 

But i can't seem to find it..

Is there a way to disable open load detection on MC42 DOUT ?

Answer

In 5.02 - go to the output on the module in the system display and click on the output.  The property is on the right side now.

Answered

JPIN values

Joe 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 4

Why am I getting this error?  According to the documentation, the value of a JPIN is a real number, so why can I use some rational operators (= , <>), but not others (<, >, <=, >=)?

Image 1133

Answer

Not a bug - j1939 standard uses 2 bits for on/off with error checking.  You can turn the j1939 error checking off in the JPIN and it will give you the 1-3 value.

Completed

External Function Update

Joe 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

It would be really nice if the IQAN Design environment would not change the view when an external function is updated.  I have a program open in one environment and an external function used in that program open in another environment.  When I make a change to the external function and save it, and switch back to the program environment, I get prompted to update the external function.  When I click 'Yes' to update, the view changes to the external function page in the program environment, so I have to navigate back to where I was in the program in order to keep working.

Editing error messages or disabling specific system errors

C. Harp 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 0

I have the need to block or change the look of certain (not all) error messages that are native to IQAN. 

My specific need has to do with color. I am not allowed to display any RED on the screen due to safety reasons of the field that this is going to be used in. If i could somehow edit the messages and change from the RED icon that displays that would be fine. 

If anyone has incite on this, i would appreciate it. 

Image 1132Image 1131

I know that i have the ability to block all messages or select which modules messages that i want to allow but i would like to keep these messages and simply change how they appear on the screen. 

Answered

PGN Input

Joe 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 4

Can you make the PGN input for a JFOUT be driven from a channel?  I am trying to set up an external function for a device whose PGN is based on a NODE ID.  Several of these devises can be used on the same bus and I would like to have an integer parameter to either change the node ID or the PGN itself in order to utilize one external function for all devices.

Answered

Digital Output warning

Stacy Turner 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

I have a digital output(A). It is shaded yellow all the time and has a warning: 'Properties Not Available'. If I add another output(B) I don't get that warning. The output does work correctly. Any ideas where the warning is coming from.

Thanks

Fixed

Array channel - no resulting object

C. Drouaud 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 6

Hello,

I have a problem with an array channel Qcode. I have 4 array channel really similar, but for one of them, a variable is not accepted and I have a "no resulting object error".

See below screenshots.

Array channel that works fine (Drilling data - depth) :

if PositiveFlank(New hole) then
Drilling data - depth[Hole number] := Depth MET
endif

Image 1126Array channel that bugs (Drilling data - speed) : if PositiveFlank(New hole) then
Drilling data - speed[Hole number] := Mean speed
endif
Drilling data - speed [BUG]Both Qcode are the same axcept the variable. I try to re-write several times the code, I always select the variable from the suggested list.
For your information, I work with IQANdesign 4.07 version. It is not the forst time I have so weird error like that. Once, in a Math function, I had to add *1 not to have an error.
Thanks in advance for the help !