Memorizing Previous State Value

Scott Seidle 6 years ago in IQANdesign 0

How can I save the value of a previous state with the memorizing calculation? I can't seem to figure out what I need to use as my activating to just get the previous value.

IQANdesign 5.03

Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jos Lentfert 6 years ago 4

Version 5.03 of IQANdesign, IQANsimulate, IQANrun and IQANscript are available on check for updates.

New features

Multimeter in IQANdesign
The free floating quick-measure "Multimeter" window from IQANrun is added in IQANdesign. 
It is possible to bring up the Multimeter window and drag channels to it while measuring, or while editing the application.

Image 1271

Use IQANdesign 5.03.12 for this feature

Graph measure in IQANrun multimeter
It is now possible to add a multimeter measure group to the IQANrun graph measure view by selecting the group or one of its items and clicking the graph
button in the multimeter toolbar. You can then use the same features as when measuring on a regular measure group, such as starting/stopping the measurement, zooming, saving etc.

Image 1272

GT module and telematics node in IQANdesign
A new type of gateway module is added, GT - Gateway Telematics. This represents a generic Parker IQAN Connect gateway supporting IQAN remote diagnostics via IQANconnect and 
telematics; signal collection from the application sent to a server. 

Image 1273

More information on the gateway hardware and the telematics service will follow in the next couple of months. 

Important bug fixed

XC21, XC22 and XC23 inputs frozen after cranking -fixed.
This problem existed in versions 4.07 - 5.02. The master module could freeze all input values of an XC2x if the module had a short dip in power supply,  <9V for tens of ms. The dip had to be short enough to restarte the XC2x whbefore it had timed out in the application. 
Applications with longer cycle times e.g. 50ms were more likely to be affected. 

For more details on 5.03 updates, see release notes

Bluetooth transmitter / receiver

Tuomas 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by anonymous 4 years ago 0

Have you used any bluetooth transmitter / receiver with Iqan? I want to send sensor signal 0-5V to MD4 with bluetooth.

Red Lion Data Station Plus

Joe Hutzal 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Dashnor Ruci 6 years ago 9

Has anyone had any experience connecting a Red Lion Data Station Plus to a MC43? In IQAN 5 I have configured a Generic Can Bus with a Generic Can module and using a GFOUT frame. In the Red Lion I have a CAN card and am using the IQAN driver, but I can't seem to communicate. In Analyze my address shows up as -1 and no contact. I have no idea what to try, if anyone has a working example it would be greatly appreciated.

Laptop "blue screen" when using IQANDesign

Thomas Vernet 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Anders Båth 6 years ago 1

Hi,

Sometimes I have blue screen on my laptop when I send Project with IQANDesign or IQANRun on a MD3. I tried with many versions (2.63, 5.0, 5.2) and two laptop. 

I just want to know if somebody knows this kind of bugs.

IQAN 5 Breaking apart External Functions

M Donaldson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Vincent Thiele 6 years ago 1

Does anyone have any tips/tricks to break up an external function into multiple files without loosing the I/O and graphic mapping in the main program?

Through lack of fore sight 1 of my external function blocks grew to the point where windows 7 thinks IQAN is no longer responding while updating.

I have made multiple external functions and split up logic in those but I can't find a way to take the existing function blocks in the main program and point them to the newly attached external functions without re-adding the block with all the headache that causes. 

Any pro-tips would be welcome 

Answered

Text Button for change of Digital Parameter Channel state

Damian Trutkowski 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 1

Hello,

This may be a trivial question, but ..... it's always better to ask :)

Let's say we have a small project with  MD4 + MC43 - both connected only with Diagnostics bus.

Image 1249

In MC43 application logic we have an Integer parameter channel (IPC: value1) and Digital parameter channel (DPC: value2). Both channels have their own adjust items.

Image 1250

On a display page of MD4 there is IPC: value1 slider and DPC: value2 text button.

Image 1251

My question is why we can adjust IPC: value1 (which is located in the MC43 application logic) from MD4 display, but we can't change the state of DPC: value2 with text button?

You can do it with a switch on a display page but you can't with a text button.

Thanks in advance.

Damian

blink led

linus torvaldus 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 6 years ago 3

How to blink any ISO symbol for 0.5 Hz when SPN value should be 1.

Answered

Heap check failed warning

DavidH 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 6

I'm getting a warning in an IQANdesign project check for "Heap check failed"... "could not initialize embsup.dll".

I tried loading this code to an MD4-7, but the installation failed and the controller seemed to be stuck with partially loaded firmware, even after power cycling the unit multiple times. I pulled the address tag and was able to load an empty code to restore the unit.

This code started with an import of a few display pages along with their associated components (and MD4-7) that had been exported from another idax file. I was trying to isolate these display pages and test some ideas without the rest of the code involved.

Does anyone know why I'm getting this warning?

I'm using IQANdesign 5.02.13.4984

Thanks!

Image 1233

APPIN in External Functions

Jonas Bengtsson 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated 6 years ago 0

I added an APPOUT to an External Function and seems to work fine and I can assign it to an APPIN on the receiving Master. But when I add an APPIN inside an External Function I cannot assign any input channel for that APPIN channel in my main program.