Answered

J1939 DM1 Channel

Richard Staite 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

We are currently doing a control system for a new track drive machine. The engine that is being used is a Tier 4 Final unit. The manual that comes from the manufacturer is asking for an extensive library of DM1's but I do not understand the format that they are using to present the information, and how we use their information to format the DM1 in Iqan design. Additionally they are asking for ISO symbols to be used on the display that do not appear exactly like this in the library - eg ISO9000-2945 but with an exclamation mark on top of it - do you have any additional symbols available?

The Information that they are giving for the message identifier is like this :-

Byte 3 2 1 0

Message 18 FD B4 3D

Start Position Length Parameter Name SPN

1 2 bytes Aftertreatment 1 Exhaust Temperature 1 3241

Byte 3 2 1 0

Message 18 FF 28 3D

Start Position Length Parameter Name SPN

1 1 bytes Dosing Module Status N/A

2 2 bytes Actual reducing agent quantity N/A

I wonder if you might be able to help me to understand how to configure the DM1 channel in iqan design?

Answered

Re-Lock an adjust group , without having to power cycle

David Holcomb 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Mitch Houle 7 years ago 2

We have several customers who dislike having to cycle power on the display after a technician has unlocked an adjustment group with a PIN code. They have critical operations that do not allow for resetting the master, but want to re-lock an adjustment group, be it by clicking a button or else on a timeout.

Answer

Hello David.

If you use a Pin code channel (PCC) as the pin code for entering the adjust group you can set the condition for resetting the lock yourself.

You could for example use the SIC 'Menu system open' as resetting condition (when it is not true).

Then you would need to enter the PIN code every time you close the menu

Answer

You can right cliick on the hardware, and then select the temperatue. it will then have this block in the main functionality.

Answered

MD4 Label on top of Images

Mark Walser 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

Is it possible to have a label on top of the images or set to be on top.

Answered

Is it possible to divide/split a text somehow?

Peter Nyman 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

Is it possible to divide/split a text somehow? I use the Project/properties/version as 1.0.0 (Major.Minor.Fix) and would like to be able to split this into three separate objects containing major, minor and fix as separate numbers. A function for dividing the parameter based on a limiter or a function for retrieving for exsample the first two characters from the left or the 3 characters from position 3.

Answered

connect my actuator to IQAN-MDL2 via J1939

ebrahim heydarnia 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

Hi mate

I tried to connect my actuator to IQAN-MDL2 via J1939.

but unfortunately i am not successful

could you please let me know what is my mistake?

https://www.linak.com/corporate/pdf/english/user%20manual/techline_can%20bus_user%20manual_eng.pdf

Answered

Stoted data communication through CAN bus for printing.

Supratim 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 5

We know the stored data can be downloaded through IQAN run and printout can be taken. But one application customer is asking for the printout of the stored data in the machine itself, without connecting any Laptop. Small thermal printer can be used. As MD4 do not have any serial port, so we want to use another CAN controller which can connect serial printer for printing. Now our concern is to send the Stored data through CAN bus to other CAN controller. Please explain how to do that.

Answered

Activating internal digital when display page changes.

Keith Boone 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 2

Is there a way to active an internal digital channel when a current display page changes? I have an application where a function needs to be turned off anytime that the operator leaves the respective operation screen. There are multiple operation screens with this function.

Answer

we've done this before using a system information channel, set to 'active display page' this will give a numerical value based on what page is up, and you can then run it into logic.

Answered

Display control channel - DCC in MD4?

Keith Boone 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

I have an application where the display backlight needs to be selected from a display page designed for the vehicle operator. The customer needs two selections only, which are DAY and NIGHT, for their operators.

The actual % levels for Day and Night will be set in the adjust groups which will be password protected with access only to their technicians.

In the IQAN Design manual, it references the “Display control channel – DCC” to control the display backlight.I can find this channel in the MD3, but it apparently does not exist in the MD4.

Is there a way to do this in the MD4-7?

Thanks

Answered

joystick with double functions

christophe 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4

Hello,

i want to use the standard lc6 joystick for multiple functions.
Example:

If i want to adjust the cilinders on the left side of the blade, i press the rocker ( proportional ) down, then press forwards for the '1 left' function and then i move the joystick left or right to open or close the '1 left' function.

Witch function is the advise to use? the Q code could be an option i assume.

Thanks,

Kind Regards Christophe

Image 730