Cameras with AnyBus Bridge

Zach Dockter 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 1

Has anyone successfully installed an SV camera wirelessly using an AnyBus bridge?

I've been working with AnyBus and the bridge seems to be working properly, but the camera doesn't display on the MD4 screen.  The camera works fine if I plug it in directly, but not if I try the wireless through the AnyBus bridge. I just get a CAM connecting message.

https://www.anybus.com/products/wireless-index/anybus-wireless-bolt/detail/anybus-wireless-bolt---ethernet

Not a bug

Recovery copy not working

RobinArvidsson 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 2

i'm not sure how the recovery copy is supposed to function, but it doesnt seem to function as i would expect it.

Iqan design creates a bunch of recovery copies in the project folder i'm working on, which is great. but opening the files it would seem like nothing have been saved, its just a copy of the last save file, but with a new timestamp. view image. 

so now, when i was in need of a recovery after iqandesign crashed, the recovery copies all looked like the last (acctual) save instead of ,what i would assume it to be, an autosaved recoveryfile for where i was at that timestamp. 

am i misunderstanding the purpose of the recovery copy, or is this a bug?

why need all those copies if they are all the same?

Image 833

Answered

Turn off display in run-time on MD4 controller

mdaigneault 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 3

I'd like to know if it's possible to disable the MD4 display and backlight during run-time to save power for batery operations. The application we have requires some periods of operation on battery power, and we'd like the controller to stay awake but be in a low-power mode. We believe turning off the display would help extend the duration of time we can operate on a single battery charge.

It would be great if an internal digital could be used to enable/disable the display and backlight, which could be woken another internal digital or a contact with the touch screen.

MC43 RAM Utilized

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

We just wrote our first program an MC43 and it is taking up 1.4 of the 1.5MB.  

I thought the days of watching RAM utilization was gone after the MD4 came out.

Our last 2 programs utilized the MD4 as the master.  

Will IQAN 5 help with decreasing RAM utilization or what is the best practice to try to reduce it in this program?

Completed

From version 4.0, I miss the XT2 at the modules

DTD_SIOS 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

From version 4.0, I miss the XT2 at the modules

Answered

XC21 Status

Richard Staite 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

When using the XC21 Module Diagnostic "Status" the Help indicates that there fault codes - is there a list of these fault codes that I can use? 

Image 765

Fixed

External Button Control Issue

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

If I have a button in a group and try to use an external control. The control outline is use the group left and top values (which are 0,0) instead of the actual left and top values.

This is trying to select button 2.

Image 763

Image 764

Answered

Full list of mdgn status values

Mitch Houle 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by DavidH 7 years ago 4

Is there a full list of Status Values for the module diagnostics? Given values are no contact=203 and ok=64. I'm displaying a message if the sensor triggers (looses power), but when the XA2 has no contact or other error it will falsely display causing confusion with the customer. I'm intending to block the error for no contact, critical can, address, etc. but not for output, input, vref, temp, etc.

Answered

MD3 System Memory High Alarm

M Donaldson 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 4

We are getting a system alarm for high memory on an MD3 Display. 2 questions

1. What are the thresholds for this alarm ? We are close but below the specifications (according to the statistics, see photo)

Image 762

2. If we determine our application is functioning properly is there a method to remove this alarm, at least from displaying on the screen. Keeping it in the system log would be fine.

Thanks,

Mike

MC4x PWM Frequency

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

Is there a reason the new MC4x family doesn't support PWM frequencys in the 10-70Hz range? I know the XC10 will go do to 10hz and the MC31 went down to 25.

I have an application the MC42 would be perfect for, but I need one output at 32hz and another at 50hz.