Please could you have a look at the attached clip and confirm that we are not able to distinguish between the DM1 Faults described on it as they all have the same SPN and FMI - Im not sure how the manufacturer concerned is expecting us to tell them apart?

Richard Staite 7 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Please could you have a look at the attached clip and confirm that we are not able to distinguish between the DM1 Faults described on it as they all have the same SPN and FMI - Im not sure how the manufacturer concerned is expecting us to tell them apart?

Image 843

Digital Parameter in a Text/custom Button

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 0

It would be nice to be able to use a Digital Parameter (Adjust Item) in a Text or Custom button and not have to have it open to a the menu page.   Treat it like a Toggled Vdin. 

Answered

Connecting diagnostics bus

LP C 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 7

Hi, I use an MD3 with 2 500kbps CAN and a 29 bits extended 250 kbps.  I can't connect the diagnostics bus to any of those buses.  Is there a way to bypass this error? I can't upload a new code with a recent version of IQANdesign.  Is there a way to bypass that?  What are my options here?

Thank you

LPC

Not reproducible

External Button Control Issues with State Parameters

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

I'm trying to use external button controls to control a state parameter.  I can navigate to it and open it, but I am unable to scroll the list with the Up and Down buttons, which is what I need to be able to do. 

Image 842

Also is there a way to use the Escape control to back out of the selection, and then when nothing is selected, it can close the page.  I'm unable to get something like that to work.

Answered

Digital parameter with resetting channel

Neil Hackney 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 5

We have an MC41 application with a calibration routine that is geared towards use with IQAN run for tablets. The routine can be turned on using a digital parameter, but there's a concern a tech could leave calibration on once complete. It would be nice to have a resetting channel so that the program logic could turn its state to false, or maybe a digital parameter with momentary or toggle options.

VDIN as Adjustable Parameters

Edward Polzin 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

I think it would be a good feature to be able to add a VDIN (or define the possibility of a momentary action for a DP) to an adjust group so that a user could momentarily (while pressed) activate a function for testing purposes rather than the current DP toggle on / toggle off method.  

Keypad vs Scroll Wheel for adjust items

John Wambold 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

I have a customer who has the ability to enter a MD4-7 display in one of two manners.

1.) Pressing a VDIN menu button on the display

2.) Pressing an External button and tying the external button to the Menu

Image 838
I noticed that there is a change to how the adjust items are adjusted depending on which way the menu is accessed.  If the customer enters the menu via a VDIN button, the adjust parameters are changed by a keypad.  However, if the customer enters the menu via an external button, the adjust parameters are changed with a scroll wheel.
Is it possible for the programmer to select the interface (Keypad/Scroll Wheel/Default) for either all adjustments, an adjust group, or an adjust item?

Answered

MD4 Log shows "Instantaneous Fuel Economy j1939 error" after system start.

Mark Walser 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 2

Not sure why I am seeing this log event and not sure what it is connect to.  I do not show this as item to log on the MD4 system logs.

Answered

Trigger copy mode

RobinArvidsson 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

Is it possible to trigger "copy mode" of an adjust group from inside the application? 

example:

Image 836

Answered

Application Collaboration

chuck emmons 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jan Gillesen 7 years ago 2

Is there a best practice document or description on how to collaborate multiple developers on one application?