Answered

2017 Training

Kevin 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 3

We are keen to be able to attend some IQAN functional safety training if possible. Will there be some running either in the UK or Sweden in 2017?

Completed

TSC1 Settings

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4

1)It would be nice to be able to set the TSC1 SA with an "Integer math".

When we configure a truck, our techs are given an option of engine type and then the program has an if statement that sets the SA with multiple TSC1 messages and engines.

I know you can now use an Integer Parameter, but that doesn't help me.

2) I would like to beable to control the "Use Checksum/counter" with a "Internal Digital" as we have some engines that require it on and other that require it off.

Completed

Greater resolution for trigonometric function

LPC 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 5

Is it possible to have an update on the trigonometric functions?

I want to calculate the distance between geographical coordinates, but for that I need great precision on values returned by sin, cos and atan functions.

It says the minimal input for those functions is 0.1 degree, but in order to compute a legitimate value, there shouldn't be a minimal value other than 0.

Thanks for the feedback

Answer
James A 7 years ago

Have you considered using small angle approximation?

sin(theta) ≈ theta (in radians)

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small-angle_approximation

James

Answered

Xc10 current controlled outputs

John Baldwin 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

Can the XC10 pwm outputs be also used as current controlled? I looked at the documentation for the cm3620 module (i believe the xc10 is a re branded cm3620) and it has current sensing on the low side outputs. Is it possible to do current control for the pwm outputs, or at least is there a way to read the current on these resistors so I could do my own in app current control?

Charging control ?

Krzysztof Bręk 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 1

Hi

I wonder how to controling battery charging in iQAN Design. Should I use voltage input, where maximum voltage is 5V but from battery going 14,4 V. What should i do?

Answered

FGI Calculation/Sample Time Question

Nick Pridham 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

If an FGI transitions through 3 layers of function groups then does it take 3 cycles for a root value to reach its final destination ?

In other words does the IQAN OS pass on all root values regardless of the calculation layers in one sample time?

Answered

Looking for way to reset the Integrate(operand) function

Dan Gray 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Joe 5 years ago 5

I'm trying to use the Integrate(operand) function in a math channel and I would like to be able to reset the function under some circumstances. The only way I can see to do this is to use several lines of qcode. For example:

A:= DerivativeOf(Positon)
B:= Reset
C:= Integrate(Abs(A)) //use absolute value to get total distance traveled
if C = 0 then
D1:=0 //D1 is the starting point
endif
D2:= C //D2 is the end point
D:= D2 - D1 //D is the distance traveled between resets
if B = true then
D1:= C
endif
Result:= D

Is there an easier way to reset the Integrate(operand) function? Perhaps the function could have one or two added arguments, for example Integrate(Operand1, Operand2, Operand3) where Operand 1 is the part to be integrated, Operand 2 is the reset channel, and Operand3 is the reset value?

Thanks,

Dan

Answered

G11 as "optional module"

C. Harp 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Evert-Jan 3 years ago 5

I would like to have the "optional" setting available for the G11 gateway. This will enable the user to unplug the G11 when it isn't needed and the headmaster not throw and error code. If anyone has a workaround for this in the meantime I am interested?

Answer

The 'Enabled' property on the G11 does not in fact disable the G11 when set to No.

If you read the tool tip it says

'Select No to disable the communication with the Bluetooth adapter. When disabled, there will be no supervision of e.g. signal quality or lost contact. It will also not be visible in the display menu system. The adapter itself is still operational though and can be used to communicate with the system. To prevent that, see next property Enable Bluetooth.'

So even if the G11 'Enable' is set to 'No' you can still connect and send/receive applications, logs or change settings.

IQAN Design Finder Function

Nick Pridham 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by chuck streb 3 years ago 4

When working on large complex application files written by someone else, finding out about a function is often quite difficult. Take *Brakes* as a search query: Could we have a finder function in the software that could deliver all relevant channels to a finder window with *Brakes* in the channel description?

Answered

disabling error message for a specific output when it's not in use

David Dufour 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 months ago 7

Hi,

We try to find a way to use a generic program to muliple application.

This implies we will not always use all programmed I/O.

There is a way to deactivate the error detection for the PWM/Cout output on a MC31 module ?

But when it's used, we want this error to be active.

Thanks!

Answer

You can put that COUT channel into a function group. And use a digital parameter to enable/disable that function group. By disabling the function group, which contains the PWM/COUT channel, error message will be disabled.