G11 default connectivity settings

C. Harp 8 years ago updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 7 years ago 8

Hello,

I have been testing with the G11 device and Sync for a few months now and continually run into the same problem.

If if have a system that has been written without the G11 device options than i have to connect with another tool such as CAN, USB Ethernet to add it. I think this greatly limits this tools potential.

I would like to see a new version of IQAN Design that has the G11 defaulted into each program (and have all settings set to ALWAYS) so we can connect with IQAN Sync at anytime without first having to reprogram for it.

There are customers that are interested in using this technology but will have to have their program edited for the G11 to work. If the new version of design had this preset than all new program that we write will make way for an easy sale of a G11 and connect subscription.

Answered

Logging

Richard Staite 8 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 2

If you have a particularly large log file is there any way of copying the entire log from the master unit (in our case an MD4) as an excel file or cvs file without first bringing them to the screen with Iqanrun? I have tried taking a backup file, but i don't seem to be able to get the backup file to open up with Iqanrun. (I'm working on simulator at the moment - not on the actual system).

IQAN G2

Masia Jean-Baptiste 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Zach Dockter 7 years ago 7

Hello

I want use the IQAN G2 in my systéme but I dont understand how select the send data with the G2 module to proemion !
I have read the IQAN-G2 Instruction book. I understood the procedure for configure the IQAN G2 and proemion but could you explain me how select the DATA sending which IQAN Design?
Thank for you help
best regard

MC3 Ratiometric/regulated Sensors

Kevin 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 1

We are looking at some sensors for a particular project and have the option for 3 wire ratio metric (4.75-5.25) or 3 wire regulated (10-30Vdc). Both sensors output voltage signals with a range of 0.5-4.5 suitable for the MC3 VIN. Is there any benefit of using a particular type when using for part of a safety system?

If we use ratio metric sensors, does the MC3 automatically offset the signal it receives from the sensor if the VREF drifts away from 5000mv? My guess is when we select reference voltage that ensures it becomes offset correctly automatically?

MC3 manual states ideally 5V sensors should be used with the VREF supply from the module unless its offset by other means when using external supply. Is this is because some engineers may use a separate 5V supply external to the MC3 and it could drift unknowingly which would ultimately affect the VIN signal and could cause a false signal because of a power supply issue? Im assuming this would not be an issue if we use regulated 8-30V sensors with a non ratio metric output?

is it possible to add a slave monitor for displaying live data

Douglas Caceres 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Arno Heeren 8 years ago 1
Not a bug

upgraded from 2.63 to 4.03, COUT errors

Forrest 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 5

I am using the MD3 with a XA2 and a pair of XS2 modules.

I updated to 4.03 to read a 500 baud vehicle J1939.

Half of the COUTs are disabled with out of range errors. swapping to an MD3 with the old 2.63 program, and its all good (save for I can't read the vehicle's J1939)

One other question; how do I un-update the MD3?

I could not reinstall a 2.63 program on a 4.03 MD3.

I would try uploading a 3.whatever Design program, but I am out of MD3s (have 1@ 2.63, 1@ 4.01 and 1@ 4.03)

Answered

How to show measure trace on master module ?

Phan Hiep 8 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 3

Hi every one. Anyone know how to show measure trace on the master screen. I know it can do when we run the simulator, but I need to show it on the screen.

Can you help me this one? Than you so much

Not a bug

function group output order

Jean-Marc Zanni 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 1

Not sure when this started. But I thought that the function group output order on the display was predicted based upon the calculation order. It does not appear that it is the case anymore (Was it ever?). It seems that the Last appears first then the other follow the calculation order. Am I correct?

Here is an example:

Image 466

This is how the parent group appear:

Image 467

Thanks.

JMarc

IQAN Network Key Not Recognised Error

Kevin 8 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 1

Hi we have had a customer report 'IQAN Network Key Not Recognised' error appearing on MD4-7 with a 3 master system (2 x MC3). We are currently unable to access logs and see if this error has logged. There is no photograph of the error displayed on the screen, the operator only recalled it after the shift, therefore the error may have been worded slightly different.

Is there information on this type of error and what it means? I have looked through the manual and cannot find anything along these lines. I wondered if it was a project ID mismatch error?

Answered

PCC PIN channel not be able to reset

Frank GUO 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 5

I can not find a way to reset PCC PIN channel back to default. It looks like a bug. Could someone advise if it reset-able?