Answered

Change status of analogue voltage inputs when simulating

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 4
What would be really useful would be setting the status of a analogue input to a given value. This value needs to fall outside of the max and min values as configured, ie. a disconnect or overvoltage. We need the ability to simulate a transducer disconnect to see how the system reacts, but it dosn't look like its possible, only on outputs.
Completed

Is there an issue with IQANrun on IPAD IOS 9.2.

Tim P Harris 8 years ago updated 8 years ago 5

Previously, on an older IOS, it worked OK, but now the IQANrun App immediately closes after I open it?

Answer

Updated version now available in Apple's App Store.

IQANdesign 3.19.10 released

Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 0

Minor update of IQANdesign available in Check for update in IQANdesign ( Help menu -> Check for updates)

The changes affect IQANdesign and IQAN-MD4 (no version update on firmware for other master modules)

For details, see:

http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/iqan/Downloads/IQANdesign%203/ReleaseNotes3.19.10.htm

Not a bug

MD4 update failure when using G2 modem remotely

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 7
We have recently updated a machine from 3.14 to 3.16 to fix the remote update issue with 'unstable connection' on MD4 when updating using G2 modem. Our system is 1 x MD4, 2 x MC3.

I updated the whole system to 3.16 using a CAN communication device successfully (updating both the firmware and then the application). I then proceeded to update the application again using IQAN design 3.16 remotely through the G2 modem and both MC3's update successfully but the MD4 always hangs and it then errors in IQAN Design saying no reply from master module.

Of the 4 attempts three attempts just displayed application deleted (didn't get to the stage of progress of updating the software) and the other time it got to 68% and hung until IQAN Design said no reply from master module.

Can you advise what my problem may be, if its a bug in the software anywhere still please?

Multi master simulation question/idea

Ed Schippers 9 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 1
When simulating a multi master setup with MD4 (master) and optional MD3 (remote control), I need to test the setup with and without the optional MD3. Is it possible in simulation to activate or deactivate the optional master? If not it may be a nice feature for the future.

Regards,
Ed
Answered

image iso on md3

Masia Jean-Baptiste 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 4
Hello
It's possible to use a ISO image on the MD3 ?
Because i can't .

Best regards
Jean-Baptiste
RGDH
Develloper for IQan system

Answer
Yes, this is possible. To make the ISO symbols work on the MD3, they must be specified as BMP.

When using a BMP on the MD3, it will be automatically compressed, so size of the image is not that much of an issue.
For the MD4 however, the original file format is kept, and on the MD4 is best to always use PNG.

Although you do specifiy a file format for the ISO sympols, the option to export the images from the project file is grayed out by IQANdesign for these images. This is due to license restrictions.
Fixed

IQAN 4 bugs

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 6

I found a few bugs/annoyances in the new IQAN 4 design.

1)

I can not get any program to simulate. If I click run in Design or if I open it up straight from simulate I am getting this error.

Image 270

2)

The other annoyance is with the bottom Object List dialog box. Is there a way to pin it to stay open no matter what. It will close when you click on the background of the function group. IQAN 3 it never closed, and I prefer it that way.

saturated current out

Zach 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 2
I see that Saturated in the manual says 50-100% of the requested is supplied.
I don't see any guide how to fix that.
I have a positive that works and a negative that doesn't for a current out to grapple rotate cw and ccw respectively.
CCW is yellow, saturated is the label.
Completed

Generic parameter in channel (GPIN) Value in simulation

AxelC 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Richard 10 months ago 4
It would be great to be able to enter the GPIN value with keyboard on simulation.
Actually depending on the size of the GPIN the possible values (from the cursor) doesn't allow to test every values.
For exemple, my speed value jump from 311 to 638.
Answered

IQAN J1939 - big or little endian?

C. Harp 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 1
Trying to find out if the JPOUT from IQAN systems is Big Endian or Little Endian? I know that it is a setting for the GPOUT but not sure what the default is for the JPOUT.