Answered

How do master modules behave when they become optional

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Antonio Garcia 3 years ago 8
We are using a system with two master modules, MC3 and MD3. I have several questions regarding how the system behaves when disconnected. We are intending on having only the MC3 set as optional as all the fault logging is done within the MD3.

What happens if the can line is disconnected when the system is live? Will we get any errors within the MD3 or notification to say that its been disconnected?

Also we are having an APP out sent to the MD3 to we are able to flag the disconnection of the modules in the MD3. Will the MD3 be able to pick up the APP in has dropped to low after a disconnect? Im assuming we could have a similar setup on the MC3 logic also?

Regards,

Kevin Arscott.
Fixed

unable to update/download project with MD4 ethernet connection

David Dufour 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Leon Valentin Novac 9 years ago 26
Hi,

I'm actually try to send my project to multiple master configuration.

I have this configuration :

Enclosure 1
MC3 (0) + MD4 (1)

Enclosure 2
MD4 (2) + MD4 (3)

Enclosure 3
MD4 (4) + MD4 (5)

Enclosure 4
MD4 (6) + MD4 (7)

I set the can bus A as Diag network, can bus B as master bus.

Also, I have 4 XA2 connected on the can bus C on the MC3 unit.

I used all node tag without termination.

when I have a success (I need to power down 2 or 4 MD4 to be able to transfer the program),
I got MD4 with version number on the right bottom of the screen.

there is a limitation of the number of equipment who can be updated over the ethernet connection of a MD4 ? is the Can bus adapter will be safer and more stable ?

Also, I tried to transfer the program with all MD4 on the project and I always have the same issues.

Once time I got 2 MD4 with the normal startup page but without communication with the MC3.

Any idea ?

Regards,

David
Answered

remote connection message on MD4

Frank GUO 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Anders Båth 8 years ago 7

Is it possible to have the 'remote connection acceptance' message turned on or off? I am connecting to a MD4 remotely using network. Every time, it will ask to accept the remote connection. Would like to see if that message can be turned on or off somewhere.

Answered

Array channel as app-out function

Jan Gillesen 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 9

Is it possible or will it be possible to feed a complete array channel through an app-out / app-in function? We cannot manage to do so right now.

Using an array channel we could combine a lot of low priority data into a single app-out.

( We've tried using a parallel J1939 can line in the software but cannot combine it with a master and diagnostics line. )

Completed

Auto-save measure files in IQANrun

Jan Gillesen 9 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 5
We sometimes lose our measure data when accidentally navigating to an adjust group or another page directly after doing measurements. An auto-save function, or a pop-up when stopping a measurement would be very helpful.

It would also be useful to add more metadata to a file, for instance Machine ID, software version, time stamp or certain machine settings. 
Completed

Measure & Adjust Groups - Appearance Customisation - MD4

Nick Pridham 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4
I had a Human Factors change request on a project: The request relates to viewing lists of measure and adjust values on the MD4 screen.

1. Theme choices: Example alternative lines show white text black background then black text with white background as a way of making long lists more readable.
  2. Font size and colour

Answered

IQAN Design 3.15

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 1
When is 3.15 being released? We are keen to have the fix for the latching button issue on the MD4 display?
Answer
IQANdesign 3.15 is planned for release in about a week, January 29 to be exact. The latching button issue has been fixed and will be part of the 3.15 release.
Answered

apn g2

Zach 9 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 4
I am in the US, Michigan, trying to get the G2 to work. Which APN should I be using?
Answered

How to get text over images in IQAN Design 2.63?

Doug Coutlee 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 3
I am using IQAN Design 2.63 and I am trying to figure out how to get text to show up on top of images on the screen. No matter how I have the order set in the "Set Order" window, text always hides behind images.

Image 164

Automatic entry of State machine labels when used as module input

Jean-Marc Zanni 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated 9 years ago 3
When a state machine or state parameter is defined as a module input you have to manually add all the states. It would be nice if we could at least automatically import them from the previous layer. Would save tons of programming time.
I can understand that someone may want the ability to have different description for each state, but it is pain fully slow to re-create each states.