Fixed

Failure when updating MD4 application remotely using G2 modem

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 3
We have a system that has an MD4 and two MC3 modules connected to a G2 Modem. When we update the system the MC3s get updated first which normally goes OK, but when the MD4 comes to update it always fails. We get the usual blue screen with progress percentage displayed on the MD4 as we remotely update but the MD4 screen always freezes and IQAN Design crashes out eventually. I'm assuming the size of the application file is a contributing factor because when an MD4 gets added to the application it jumps into Mb size. Is there any way of reducing the size of the application file or finding out why it crashes?

If it crashes like this its virtually renders the modem useless on an application with an MD4. The issue I have described above is only downloading a new application file, remotely updating the firmware would be even greater quantity of data to transfer remotely. Im still yet to successfully update a system with an MD4. We are running on the 02 network and the signal strength was excellent in the area.

Sorting Array

Tuomas 8 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Any tip how to sorting array easily? I have array size 50 and I want to reorder it from smallest to largest. I think using MEM channel and many many Qcode if statements to reorder original array to new array may be the solution, but if you have any better ideas, please let me know..

Fixed

Bug with User interface management in IQANdesign 4

Jean-Marc Zanni 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 2

Just ran into a small bug in the project manager view. Here is the sequence.

- I expand the user interface and Display page

- I right click on one screen page (want to delete the page) before opening the page

At this stage the page opens but the right click pop-up does not appear. If I click on an other page, the new page opens but the focus is shown on both pages. The focus on the first page stays on all the time. The Right click does pop up no longer appear for any of the display pages.

If I switch the focus to a program group for example, this seems to reset the system.

The problem does not appear if I first display the page then right click.

Just a small nuisance bug.

Using Win7 Pro with latest update as of today.

Answered

Add language in main menu

Niklas 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 1
Is it possible to add languages in text in the menu system?
  • Info
  • Measure
  • Adjust
  • Preferences
...and the following sub menus

It looks like this is fixed to English?
Answered

MD4-5 first download problem (ida3 file)

blags 9 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 17

On three new devices: first device: tried to download 5 times via CAN and once via Ethernet. Succeeded at about the sixth time via CAN. Second Device: succeded first time via CAN, download took 20 minutes. Third device: Succeeded 4th time via CAN. Note that after the first download, subsequent updates only take seconds. I need to solve this before serious production quantities.

Answered

JFIN longer than 8 bytes

Antonio Dingoma 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 9
Hello!

Is it possible to read J1939 messages larger than 8 bytes? I find no way of doing this. When adding JPIN's to the JFIN, maximun bit offset is 64, and there is no option for setting a longer message size. Are segmented messages not suported? It would be used to read a 16Byte broadcasted message.

I'm on IQANdesign 3.18 , Aplication for MD4

Thanks a lot!
Answered

DM1 - Multiple SPN's

Nick Pridham 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 3

MDL2

IQAN Design 3.19

SPN Conversion Method 3

Cummins T4F

I am having a problem with getting any more than 2 SPN's to pop up on the MDL2 screen. Looking at the project file I have 10 active SPN's.

The project file has 210 SPN's.

SPN conversion method 3 is called out by the engine spec. I have tried all the others and they don't seem to change the situation.

Answered

MD4 problem with log

Masia Jean-Baptiste 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 3
Hello
On the display ( MD4) we have a windows with CAN error. (see below, one example of message)

Image 147

When the custumer deleate the message on the display, we don't find the recorder message on the file log. It s a big problem for him to analyse the origin of it.
We have a need to see this message on the log file to help the custumer to identify the problem.
I have the same problem with all messages errors.
We don't understand the reason why !!!

My système is composite of 1 MD4 and 2 MC3
Image 146

my log directory contains 7 Item log with the same settings.
We think that we put the good setting inside.
Enable , visible are " YES" and the Log full behavior is " Continue logging" ( see below )

Image 148

Do you have a solution for record the error message in the log fil ?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions .
Answered

MD4 ISO image size problem? Bug?

Ed Schippers 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 6 years ago 4
When the same ISO image is used for a second time but with a different size, the already used image will change size.

image placed size 80x80
Image 45
same image placed but with size 40x40. it looks ok but when you look at the text you see the width and height already changed

Image 46

after closing this display page and opening is again both an the same size

Image 47

I also tried to rename one of the images, but it gives no difference
Regards,

Ed
Answered

MC2 - Cause of Internal error/ose?

Pankaj Ramole 8 years ago updated by Leonel Gonzalez 5 years ago 7

Please help me to get the details about above mentioned fault code