Answered

Software Roll Back

Nick Pridham 8 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 5

Hi, is it possible to roll back from 3.xx to 2.xx. I tried starting in safe mode but this did not work.

The requirement is generated due to working with different clients who are at different stages field software usage. I only have one MDL2 for testing and just wanted to be able to go back and forth with software OS's.

Thanks

Nick

To create a macro for CANopen on the IQANanalyze

Kerim 9 years ago in IQANanalyze 0
if I can make macro for canopen on the IQANanalyze. it would be more useful.
For example. I would send NMT start. I can use macro I have saved previously.
Answered

Calculation Overflow - MD4 Nuisance System Logs

Luke Ricker 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 2

Is there any sort of way to disable "calculation overflow" from making a log in the system log in an IQAN 3, MD4 application?

I know that I should probably make my program not have calculation overflows in math and J1939 output channels in the first place, but when these errors pop up, despite the best programming intentions, and are logged, it worries the customer, who usually thinks something is wrong with the machine.

Thanks!

Image 305

Answered

Wifi adaptor to connect to MD4

Kevin 9 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 2
In the presentation for the IQAN Run for tablets you recommend an ASUS WL-300NUL. This does not appear to be available any longer, does the replacement WL-330NUL work? I'm assuming this is the replacement.
Answered

Ajdusting Dither Amplitude

Aurelio Romano 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 3
Is there a way to change the dither amplitude in the IQANdesign software? We have an application where we believe the dither amplitude is causing the valve to go unstable and would like to decrease the amplitude to do some testing.
Fixed

IQAN 4.00 J1939 parameter in bug

Frederick Prigge 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 4

I have a block of code that worked well under v3.19 that is missbehaving under v4.00.

A MC31 master is receving J1939 frames from another non Parker device. In debug mode the frames are "green", meaning no timeout situation. The associated J1939 parameter is "red" and I am getting the replacment value. I first tough it must be a J1939 error check, so put the J1939 error check to "no". Same situation, no change, parameter is "red".

If I remove the scaling and offset ot that J1939 parameter, it works, and becomes "green"! I then need to do the scalling/offsetting in a math channel. This is not normal! Please advise.

Thanks for your help.

Answered

small ida3 files

blags 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 2
The project files I create are about 21 Mb in size. Example files are usually < 500Kb.
Why ?
Having a difficult time downloading via the CAN port
Completed

Program optimizing

Tuomas 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 2

I have learned to use Qcode and its great tool to make your program more simple.

However, I noticed that when you add many functions inside same channel (like MAC),

the Component Count value in Project statics increases a lot even it should be less than before? Example before I had 5 different MAC channel what I add in same MAC channel using Qcode, still Component Count value increased even it should be less than before?

When you want to optimize your program running power what method gives best result;

-Add many functions in same channel or keeps functions separate in own channels?

Merry Christmas to everyone! :)

IQAN Creative Studio 3.17 released

Highlighted change:

24962 Remove 30 day limit on evaluation license
You can use the tools without a license as long as you like. The functional limitations are still there though, the tools are limited to simulation only.

For more details see:
http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/iqan/downloads/ReleaseNotes_IQAN_Creative_Studio_3-17-2.htm

Answered

fame input channel unassigned

Zach 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 2
I made a j1939 frame input channel, and hooked it up to three jpins.
The jpins are configured for error checking, 0 error value.
The jfin is red with an unassigned error.

I think maybe this is caused by how I made a new function group and a new j1939 module, but I perhaps have not linked them correctly, or does this sound like another issue?
I checked through some of the forums to see a similar issue, and I saw a person had disabled the error checking as a workaround. I am hoping not to do that.