Invalid PGN Identifier

Zach Dockter 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Edward Polzin 3 years ago 1

My IQAN program is trying to read engine lamps from an engine.  The engine manual specifically states to use PGN 65226, however my program says that 65226 and 65227 are invalid identifiers....

Any ideas on how to make this error go away?

Image 2337

Image 2336

Answered

Exporting issue

Abhijit Das 3 years ago in IQAN toolbox for Simulink updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 8

I am seeing the following error with Simulink export (the config file is attached). Can you please tell me how I can direct my config to generate code specifically for MC43? I am connected to MC43 through a Kvaser Leaf 2.

Shared config
Shared config

Image 2327

Image 2330

Image 2331

Answer

The IQAN preferences menu should normally be set to build both target and simulator code. 

If it is set to only build simulator code the code will run in IQANsimulate on the PC, but cannot run on a physical IQAN-MC4x hardware (the target)

J1939 communication between MC43s : value change with no reason

C. Drouaud 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

Hello, 

I have a system with 2 MC43s, communicating with a J1939 communication. One of the digital parameters sent from one MC43 to the other change its value between what is sent and what is received. 

The MC43-1 is sending a false value (0) and the MC43-2 get a true value. 

How can that be possible ? How can I resolve it ?

Thanks in advance, 

Fixed

Invalid property value for appin after importing components

Pierre Fagrell 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 4

After importing a file with appin channels obviously the input channel is empty and has to be filled in.

The error value is filled in as "0".

After selecting an input channel there is an error "Invalid property value"

If you click on the error value once and then outside the error goes away. Perhaps the "0" is of the wrong type?

Image 2323

Fixed

Dialog box outside screen

Pierre Fagrell 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 4

After moving my laptop from one docking station to another with different size monitors IQANdesign insists of opening the Component Navigator partially outside the built in laptop screen.

The laptop screen is monitor number 1 with resolution 1920x1080, and IQAN seems to think it is a 4k monitor.

Restarting IQAN or restarting the computer does not help, I had to select the dialog and press ALT+Space in order to use the move command.

Image 2321

Answered

External Function Name Property

Steven Park 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

I am adding external functions to my main project, but it shows the name property is read-only as shown in the picture. Is there a way to change the property to change name property?

Image 2320

Answered

Can we set a baud rate of 83.3333 for communication with a body controller?

Codie 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

I have a body controller I would like to interface with and it is running a Can Bus Baud rate of 83.3333. I see we have a few options of 50,100, 250 etc.

Answered

Limiting Output Using angle sensor

Ryan Bland 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 2

I would like to limit a Tilt function using a angle sensor , In other words limit the Cylinder Stroke not to bottom out on both ends 

0-5 % on the Angle Sensor = 0% Output

5-10% on the Angle Sensor = 75 % Output

10% -90 % on the Angle Sensor = 100 % Output 

90%-95 on the Angle Sensor = 75% Output 

95%-100% on the Angle Sensor = 0 % Output 

Effectively the stroke will be from 5%-95% Angle Sensor 

How would the Maths Look ?

Answered

Simulations not repeatable

NoePanier 3 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

Hello,

I have been trying to validate some modifications I made on IQAN Design 6.02 with IQAN Simulate 6 but I realized that the simulations were not constant.

I tried to run a Simulation groups on two identicalDesign I copy/pasted so there could be no difference due to data stored but even with that, the data I got from the two simulations were not exactly the same. Usually, both would be very similar, but one would be 50 to 500 ms late from the other, or even sometime skip a data so when I make a checksum of the Mesure group's values in Excel, my results are not the same.

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if there was a way to fix it because I would have to validate more modifications like that and it doesn't feel right to have to play with the data to make them fit..

Thanks you.

Fixed

Replace propagated channel with non-propagated

Pierre Fagrell 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

Usually when replacing channels IQANdesign will refuse to replace a public channel with a non-public channel.

However, it is allowed to replace a function group output with a non-output channel.

It is also allowed to replace a propagated output with a non-propagated output.

At first it seems to work, the project check gives no errors.

Some time later, maybe the day after when you happen to click on the function group input the reference gets deleted and if it was automatically named also the name.

It would be good if the replace channel function would refuse to work if any of the references will be invalid after replacement.

At least the project check should give a warning afterwards.