Current Out Channel (COUT) Feedback

Steven Park 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jacob Meng 2 years ago 5

Hi,

I am fairly new to IQANDesign. I am using MC43 to control some hydraulic valves and COUT is used to control one of the Prop coils. I would like to get feedback on the output channel to make sure it is reaching the target output. For example, if the output is set to  500mA, I would like to read the feedback that shows the current level at the moment. Is there a way to access the feedback without using another input channel?

Low speed CAN and Fault Tolerant CAN bus

OLIVIER CÔTÉ 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

We got an issue with standatd automotive components CAN incompatibility. Some devices are on 50kbit/s low speed CAN with fault tolerant tranceivers. We found the way to convert voltage levels in order to reach this standard requirements but IQAN design software limits us on the CAN speed with 100kbit/s value ! WE ABSOLUTLY NEED A SOFTWARE PATCH TO FIX IT otherwise we will have to use a gateway that offer more flexibility than MC4 serie.

Thanks

MD4 Flash memory Max size displayed in Project statistics

Omer Gagne 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

Hi,

I saw in specs that MD4 contains 2GB of Flash memory.

When I load a project with IQAN 5.03 and I look under Project Statistics, it is showing this:

Image 2282

Did I make a mistake somewhere in the settings of my project?

Is IQANdesign limited to 1000MB max size?

Answered

Example Simulink model for IQANDesign

Abhijit Das 3 years ago in IQAN toolbox for Simulink updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 11

Hello - being new to IQANDesign and trying Simulink code generation for the first time, I am getting an error while trying out a very simple Simulink model (attached). I have seen the video tutorial on YouTube and I am wondering if I can get hold of any example Simulink model that I can check with my Simulink setup or a list of instructions on how to prepare a Simulink model to comply with IQAN.tlc? 

Also, as shown in the image (attached), during code-generation I am seeing a warning saying the model is not saved. This is kind of strange as my model isn't opened during this process. It also asked me to choose between 'Refresh' or 'Cancel'. I have chosen 'Refresh' in this case.  

Image 2274

Now I am seeing the error as shown below. The full error log is included as *.txt file. 

Image 2276

I am using the following configuration for both parent and referenced models. 

Image 2278

Any help in this regard would greatly be appreciated. 

Thank you!

Abhijit

Here is the Youtube video that I was referring to. 

IQAN_Simulink_test.slx
testModel.slx

IQANDesign-Simulink_error.txt

How to simulate SWG (Switch to Ground) functionality on MC43FS in IQAN?

chekuri_tito 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Andy 10 months ago 5

I have a switch which is NC (Normally Closed) type with SWG (Switch To Ground) function. But from the MC43FS handbook I realized all the Digital IN are SWB (Switch to Battery) type. Is there a way to simulate the SWG function on Digital IN pins using IQANdesign?

Making a third-party camera stream available to IQAN

dsojka 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

Hello, I just wanted to know if it would be possible for IQAN to accept a stream from an external camera (network connected) and, if so, what sorts of stream parameters / codecs would be required in doing so? Is this even

Answered

GT module diagnostic Channel

Jamy 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

Using IQAN 6.4, pertaining to the GT gateway module, I’ve setup  module diagnostic channels for module status, network state and signal quality. The module status Channel is working but the other two are not. I can verify the machine is online through the IQAN connect portal but the module diagnostic channels do not reflect its online status? My online connection is through Cell. 

Program update 5 to 6 Can not present

Jamy 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

I updated my program file from IQAN design 5.8 to 6.3 with no problems. But when I try to upload to the machine I keep getting CAN not present error? 

Replacing an MD4-5, MD4-7, or MD4-10 with a different size MD4?

Keith Boone 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

Is there a simple way to replace an MD4 with one of a different size without having to manually move all of the logic, images, and display screens?      Is there a best practice for doing this?