IQAN Design coding Rules/Guidelines/Best Practice

Manoj 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Edward Polzin 4 years ago 2

Hi,

Do we have any standard coding rules/guidelines/best practice to be used while developing programs using IQAN design?

For e.g.

1. For IDC - Adding logic for blocking is compulsory or can be skipped or it can be implemented as per case?  For some cases if activating logic is true then that IDC will turn High and if activating logic is false then that IDC will turn low - so what is the significance of blocking logic ? can we keep it blank without any logic?

2. Where to use QCode? or it is suggested to use objects compared to QCode?

Likewise it will be good to know if we have standard practice/rules/guidelines which we can follow

Thanks & Regards

Manoj

Possibility to automate test sequence in IQAN simulate using scripts

Manoj 4 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Edward Polzin 4 years ago 1

Hi Edward,

Is there any way to develop a script to automate test sequence in IQAN simulate?

I read that IQAN script tool can be used with IQAN Run to execute sequence of actions in IQAN Run but at present we don't have target hardware hence we need to test logic using IQAN simulate.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

Answered

MD4-7 stuck with blue screen while programming

Akash 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 5

Hi,

I am using IQAN design 6.01 software. While programming I am getting blue screen on the display(hardware) and it is getting stuck there. Even though waiting for long time the error didn't go away. Could you please enlighten me with possible mistakes causing this issue and what needs to be done?

Image 2135

Using a JFIN and JPIN in different function groups

Mehmet Fatih 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Edward Polzin 4 years ago 1

Hello,

I have to read and use a J1939 can signal in different function groups but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

For now, I have created the same JFIN & JPIN in every function groups but it gives "Ambiguous Identifer" warning and also not working properly in the application. At the same time only in one function group reads the CAN signal I think.

DSP 402

Ash 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated 4 years ago 9

Anyone here got any examples of implementation for DSP 402?

Currently trying to utilize this https://www.leadshineusa.com/UploadFile/Down/em556_can_m1.0.pdf

Or any other examples with addressed PDO's?

Swapping MD4 Displays

Zach Dockter 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Kerry 4 years ago 1

Does anyone know how to "easily" change master displays in an application without having to rewrite the whole application? I wrote a program using an MD4-5 and one of my peers would like to see the same program in the larger MD4-7 display.

4-20ma

mgoutier 4 years ago updated by Ed Schippers 4 years ago 7

I am looking to control a 4-20ma device from and MC43, and I was curious if anyone has done this with the current outputs using a max range of 20ma? It is just such a small part of the range I was curious if anyone has had issues, or have done it. 

Way of extracting display message contents?

Kevin 4 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

Our customers like how we have used display messages to show error codes on screen. They also like to have them in machine manuals for reference if ever required. To get them in a manual someone has to go through each individual fault code and copy and paste out of IQAN Design into a excel document. Is it possible (or can it be added) for IQAN Design to export all message data to a excel file or CSV or similar to save us manual copy and paste? Perhaps place them in a table so its easy to extract name, header and text detail to be placed in a document such as a manual? Its very boring work, especially if you have lots of error codes like our machines have!

Image 2130

CANopen and IQAN GFOUT/GFIN identifier

steven floyd 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

What is the Gfout identifier value?

Background: Have used the norgren vs18 canopen pneumatic valve for years. Identifier was 200hex+nodeid. 

Have to switch to the metalwork Eb80 pneumatic valve. Metalwork provide a EDS configuration file which is not supported by iqan. How do you find the direct canopen identifier to use? 

Any hints? 

Not a bug

J1939 Source adress from integer

Richard Gagnardot 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated 4 years ago 5

It seems that it is not possible to link a math integer or integer paremeter as J1939 source adress in external function....