12V Machine Module Dropout

Kevin 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 1

We have a 12v system with CAN Open devices, and during startup the CAN devices drop out but the module does not, causing errors on screen. The CAN devices are used in safety functions, therefore according to the MC43FS manual, we cannot use the battery voltage as an enable function for enabling comparison channels. Does anyone have any suggestions to prevent the error during startup?

parameter losing value

Ed Schippers 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 1

We have two machined with MD4-7.

In one machine a state parameter was spontaneously set to default after a restart.

The other machine lost all parameter settings, all went to default.

After setting the parameters again all was ok and the setting did not reset anymore (so far i know)

These setting can only de changed via an pin protected menu, no channels are used.

Are there any outside influences that can do something with the internal memory that can cause these problems?

Also I don't exclude tempering either.

regards, Ed

Qcode Component search

Andy Pauly 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Hello

I find very often that the right Component is not found in Qcode text search.  

For example: locking for the 1st. Act ..  channel

1    ->

Image 1713

1s   ->

Image 1714

No component is found starting with a 1s...

Even the channel exists:

Image 1715

This happen quite often with a combination of 1st..  2nd.., 3rd...,  4th..., CDD#3..   etc.  

It is very hard to find the right channel without the text-limitation-search feature. 

I hope that you can fix this issue otherwise I have to understand the rules behind the text-find-system so that I can use the right channels text to avoid this problem.

Regards

Andy Pauly

Answered

Hatz Engine CAN Throttle Issues

Brandon Devine 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 7

Hello,

My Customer is using a Hatz  4H50TIC diesel engine.

For this project, we are to throttle the engine using Can. 

I have imported the pre-configured TSC1 Can solution. I changed nothing from the default settings/

So far, i show to be sending my command but the engine will not respond to anything no matter the settings. i cannot find anything from Hatz about TSC1 commands. If anyone has experience with can throttle on Hatz engines and has advice, that would be extremely helpful

Fixed

Simulator crashes after deleting input channel

Pierre Fagrell 5 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

IQANsimulator 6.00 will crash if you delete an input channel in IQANdesign that is already in a simulation group.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create an application with MD4 + MC42
  2. Add a digital IN PU to MC42 C:13
  3. Simulate application and add this digital input to a simulation group
  4. Save and quit the simulator
  5. Delete the input from iqandesign
  6. Click run to start the simulator again

Simulator crashes with following message:

Image 1698

Fixed

IQANdesign 6.00 - Can not add Math or If function from menu

Pierre Fagrell 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 3

I have a Math Channel of type Internal Digital.

I can right click in the white space and select "Add Math Channel" or "Add Dual"

However if I use any of the menus above except for single channel nothing happens when I click for example "=" or "not".

Image 1694

IQANdesign 6.00 - Warning message dialog too small

Pierre Fagrell 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

When IQANdesign shows a warning dialog it is by default too small. The user needs to scroll or resize in order to read the complete message and the question to be answered yes or no.

Image 1693

Answered

Number resolution in the IQANdesign software

Andy Pauly 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 2

Hello

I have a Number resolution problem in Parker IQAN design:

520448+16/100=520448,20 ?

Is it just the Simulator or the resolution of a number in the IQANdesign software?

Image 1691

Regards

Andy Pauly

Answer

Hello Andy.

The Real value type in IQAN has 7 significant digits.

0-5vdc Input waveform

mgoutier 5 years ago 0

I have a bit of an odd question. what waveform would a 0-5vdc input be a square or a sine?