Fixed

XC23 Connector Number Issue?

Kevin 7 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

We have noticed the connector numbering appears to be incorrect when using XC23 modules, this fault seems to come up when we have a VIN or DOUT error and it displays the affected pin number on the module. The error states the correct pin number, but the connector number (C3) is incorrect. Not sure if DOUT error is the same on XC22 module.

Image 891

IQAN 5 JFout send-order change?

Rick 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 3

When we updated from IQAN4 to 5, it seems a couple of things didn't work anymore regarding precise timing of when (J1939) CAN messages our sent.

Problem #1: Sending 2 messages at the same time.

We had 2 messages that should be sent at the exact same time. We simply had the send-method fixed on 250 milliseconds or something. But since IQAN5, the receiver wouldn't get both messages at the same time.

Now we fixed that by using a Trigger instead (using an IDC that pulses every x millisec). But is this a bug, or intended behavior? Maybe CAN frames have random send-offsets to spread them over time, reducing peak-loads?

Problem #2: CRC checksum + Counting

It becomes more problematic on another machine. The receiver (ZF transmission) requires the messages we send to have a CRC checksum byte, and a message-counter byte. Back then, IQAN didn't have the Checksum channels yet, so we made it by hand.

Works in IQAN4, didn't work anymore in IQAN5 (ZF says the messageCounter is wrong). I guess it has something to do with the order of counting and actually sending. Again, could there be some offset that wasn't there before?

As for using the IQAN(5) CRC component, we didn't had success yet. Either our specific method isn't supported, or it suffers from the same counting issue. In this case we need

Image 890

Ethernet to CAN adapter

Joe 7 years ago in IQANdesign 0

I am attempting to integrate the IQAN system (MD4) with a motion logic controller (Rexroth CML75) that uses Ethernet IP.  The IQAN system will handle the basic machine and diesel functions, while the MLC will handle the more complex motion control.  I need to communicate between the two and I am trying to setup an Ethernet IP to CAN gateway.  The issue I am having is that the gateway configuration software requires an .eds file for all CAN devices.  Does anyone know of a way to setup this communication or generate such a file from the Parker system; or possibly use a different ethernet gateway (currently using Anybus X-gateway Master/Slave -Ethernet IP - # AB7306-B)?

Use bluetooth as a key or some kind of trigger for machine

Fredrik Forsberg 7 years ago 0

Hello,

It would be nice to be able to use the G11 bluetooth paired a e.g. smartphone as a key and/or for triggering functions.

It would be nice to use a paired phone as a key for our machines. 

Or maybe as an elevated security level with the use of both the key and a paired smartphone to be able to start the machine.

Kind Regards

Fredrik

Answered

Limiting Function

Carl 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

Hi Guys,

In CodeySys we had a function where we could limit say the voltage input from a sensor etc.

So if we put it too 5% to 95% then no matter how higher or lower the input value was, they would stop at the limited values.

So if input was 100% the actual value out of the function was 95%, if it was 2% then the value out was 5%. is there a function in IQAN the same?

Cheers!!!

Answered

Time format

Keith Boone 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

Is there a built in setting to change the time for displaying from military time to AM and PM format? 

I could not find anything on how to do this in the IQAN Design User Manual.  

For example:  Instead of showing 21:29:50, I want to display 09:29:50 PM.

Answer

User interface > Localization>Time format:

Rotation Angle Convention

Joe 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 1

The ability to rotate images is very nice, but the clockwise convention is somewhat of an annoyance.  Standard mathematical and kinematic convention is counterclockwise, so all of my sensor inputs and kinematic models have to be manipulated in a separate step in order for the graphics to display correctly.  Would it be possible for the rotation direction to be selected as an option?

Answered

system information

Ed Schippers 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

Hi,

Is there a way to see in the application if a adjust group is unlocked?

I want to show some extra stuf on the screen when a particular adjust group is unlocked.

If it is not possible it would be a nice feature for in the system information channel.

regards, Ed

Answer

Hello Ed.

What you can do is to add a PIN code channel in the application.

On adjust groups you can select PIN code channels instead of typing in a PIN code.

The when you enter the correct code for the group the channel in the application will go from false to true.

Answered

How to reconize a changing Integer parameter channel

Carl 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 4

Hi All,

What can I use to activate a channel when a Integer parameter channel is changed?

For instance, the channel goes from 3 - 4 and I want a true that its different from its previous setting.

We tried the "High or lower" math but it doesn't seem to recognize that its self is bigger or smaller than its self.

Fixed

Having problems with channel assignments in Iqandesign 5

Richard Staite 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 9

I am currently working on a project which was originally created using 4.07 but now using 5 to continue with. All was going well until I exported some of my function groups to use in another simpler test application. 

I am now finding that in my original application file, some of the channels are showing as Red and are labelled unassigned, however if you try to drag and drop them to their original assignment locations they wont assign, and if you look at their original locations, the assignment is actually there already - can you help please?