Answered

soft start time[ms]

Supratim 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jan Gillesen 5 years ago 2

In DOUT there are two functions.

One is Delay on [ms] or Delay off [ms] & the other is Soft Start time [ms] or Soft stop time[ms].

what is the physical effect of Soft start or Stop when we are operating a relay. As per our understanding it will ON or OFF when it reaches the required voltage. So it may be usable for some other load but for any relay or solenoids has it any effect?

Answer

The DOUT Soft Start function is ment to be used when energizing solenoids valves, when you need to create a more soft switching of valve and actuator behind the valve. (Prevent Bang-bang switching) . 
Soft start should NOT be used for energizing solenoids of relays, as a relay needs to switch fast to prevent contacts burning. 

The Peak and Hold function you could use  also for (larger) relays, engergize solenoid with full power, than reduce PWM current to reduce current consumption.

Answered

​Ability to adjust FP via MD3 buttons or MD4 VDIN without accessing FP adjustment screen.

Pawel Pekala 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 3

Ability to adjust FP via MD3 buttons or MD4 VDIN without accessing FP adjustment screen.  

Image 866

Industrial Style Push buttons

Caleb 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Pawel Pekala 7 years ago 0

Hi guys,

I have been working with IQAN MD4s for a little bit now and I am curious if there are any developments in making push buttons for the MD4? I typically use industrial type HMIs but we have been starting to use the MD4 for the environment aspect. In a particular application I am working on now, it requires the HMI to have some push buttons for the operator to have some control through the screen. It would be nice to have a few options of pre-installed buttons so I can assign some internal digital registers. 

What I had to do to get around this was create my own bitmap buttons, import them in as images, create virtual digital inputs, and use the custom button with my made images to act as a button. It was a little cumbersome and tedious so I thought that would be something really helpful to implement into a rev of IQAN 5. 

Hope this is an idea that will be considered. 

Thanks!

Answered

Update program dispay

Jon 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

Hey guys, I currently have a application completely developed for the MD3, I would like to take this to the next step and start using it with the MD4-7.

What would be the easiest way to do this, keeping as much as possible and basically just rebuilding the screens/interface. I plan to do this using Iqan Design 5 as I really like some of the new features.

Sorry if this seems to be a simple question, I've just never had to do it before (always been a complete new application).

Linear Bar Control Issue on MD3 Display

Doug Coutlee 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 3

I am trying to add a Linear Bar Control to an MD3 display page and set the Orientation to vertical instead of horizontal. All of the versions of IQAN Design newer than 2.63 will not let me make the a Linear Bar Control vertical on a MD3 display page. Is this a bug?

G11 no CAN contact but tablet/smartphone communication

C. Drouaud 7 years ago updated 7 years ago 1

Hi,

I'm doing some tests on a MC43 and G11 antenna. I managed to update the program in the MC43 through IQANSync with smartphone (so thanks to G11).

I also connect to IQANRun Free with the tablet, I can see parameters from the MC43, but it says that there is non contact with G11. How can it be possible because I know this thanks to the G11 antenna ?

Can it be a programming problem ou physical problem ?

Thanks for your answers.

Answered

Bidirectional Prop. Valve input

christophe 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 2

I have an MD4-5 and XC-21. Another measurement system gives output for 2 bidirectional prop valves. (24V 3Amax.) how can I measure this values with one of the modules?
The max current in is limited to a few Mili amps and the voltage in is limited to 5vdc.
PWM could be an option but there ate only 3 available on the xc21

Tips are welcome!

Not reproducible

Multi-Master Settings Revert to Default on Upload

Joe 7 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 2

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but we had an issue in the field where a new program was uploaded to a multi-master system.  The system has two MD4 displays (one -7 and one -5) connected on a master bus.  The new program was sent via IQAN Run. After the upload, all the stored settings for the MD4-5 reverted to their default values.  The PC was connected directly to the MD4-7 with the MD4-5 connected via CAN bus.  Re-loading the previous clone file did not resolve the issue.  This created quite an issue because service personnel do not have access to the "master" settings of the machine.  Does anyone know how this could have happened?

Answered

baudrate

christophe 7 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

where can I find the Baudrate of one Bus? ( the combined diagnostics, and masterbus? )

Thanks a lot!

Answer

In the System layout, when you click on the Generic or J1939-Bus.
You can combine J1939 with Diagnostic, Master and Expansion-Bus aslong it's set to 250kb/s.
Answered

Voltage inputs automatically offset by VREF supply?

Kevin 7 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 2

We are using ratiometric voltage sensors for an application, by selecting the reference voltage (A or B) on the controller input, does this automatically offset the VIN with the VREF supply fluctuations?

We know that because the sensors are ratiometric the supply to the sensor will cause the signal emitted from the sensor to change slightly. We have achieved this using code in the application, however i'm just checking the controller does not compensate for this automatically without the need for user configured code? I would imagine it does not do it automatically because there is no option to select its a ratiometric or normal regulated sensor connected to the VIN.

Perhaps this could be a feature we see in a future IQAN Design? I know we would find it useful instead of having separate code. Provided of course the variation % on a ratiometric sensor output is the same for different manufactures of sensor, if they are different, maybe an option to enter some values?