Not reproducible

External Button Control Issues with State Parameters

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

I'm trying to use external button controls to control a state parameter.  I can navigate to it and open it, but I am unable to scroll the list with the Up and Down buttons, which is what I need to be able to do. 

Image 842

Also is there a way to use the Escape control to back out of the selection, and then when nothing is selected, it can close the page.  I'm unable to get something like that to work.

Answered

Digital parameter with resetting channel

Neil Hackney 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 5

We have an MC41 application with a calibration routine that is geared towards use with IQAN run for tablets. The routine can be turned on using a digital parameter, but there's a concern a tech could leave calibration on once complete. It would be nice to have a resetting channel so that the program logic could turn its state to false, or maybe a digital parameter with momentary or toggle options.

VDIN as Adjustable Parameters

Edward Polzin 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

I think it would be a good feature to be able to add a VDIN (or define the possibility of a momentary action for a DP) to an adjust group so that a user could momentarily (while pressed) activate a function for testing purposes rather than the current DP toggle on / toggle off method.  

Keypad vs Scroll Wheel for adjust items

John Wambold 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 2

I have a customer who has the ability to enter a MD4-7 display in one of two manners.

1.) Pressing a VDIN menu button on the display

2.) Pressing an External button and tying the external button to the Menu

Image 838
I noticed that there is a change to how the adjust items are adjusted depending on which way the menu is accessed.  If the customer enters the menu via a VDIN button, the adjust parameters are changed by a keypad.  However, if the customer enters the menu via an external button, the adjust parameters are changed with a scroll wheel.
Is it possible for the programmer to select the interface (Keypad/Scroll Wheel/Default) for either all adjustments, an adjust group, or an adjust item?

Answered

MD4 Log shows "Instantaneous Fuel Economy j1939 error" after system start.

Mark Walser 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 2

Not sure why I am seeing this log event and not sure what it is connect to.  I do not show this as item to log on the MD4 system logs.

Answered

Trigger copy mode

RobinArvidsson 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

Is it possible to trigger "copy mode" of an adjust group from inside the application? 

example:

Image 836

Answered

Application Collaboration

chuck emmons 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Jan Gillesen 7 years ago 2

Is there a best practice document or description on how to collaborate multiple developers on one application?

Cameras with AnyBus Bridge

Zach Dockter 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 1

Has anyone successfully installed an SV camera wirelessly using an AnyBus bridge?

I've been working with AnyBus and the bridge seems to be working properly, but the camera doesn't display on the MD4 screen.  The camera works fine if I plug it in directly, but not if I try the wireless through the AnyBus bridge. I just get a CAM connecting message.

https://www.anybus.com/products/wireless-index/anybus-wireless-bolt/detail/anybus-wireless-bolt---ethernet

Not a bug

Recovery copy not working

RobinArvidsson 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 2

i'm not sure how the recovery copy is supposed to function, but it doesnt seem to function as i would expect it.

Iqan design creates a bunch of recovery copies in the project folder i'm working on, which is great. but opening the files it would seem like nothing have been saved, its just a copy of the last save file, but with a new timestamp. view image. 

so now, when i was in need of a recovery after iqandesign crashed, the recovery copies all looked like the last (acctual) save instead of ,what i would assume it to be, an autosaved recoveryfile for where i was at that timestamp. 

am i misunderstanding the purpose of the recovery copy, or is this a bug?

why need all those copies if they are all the same?

Image 833

Answered

Machine ID

Mark Walser 7 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

Can you access the machine ID so that you could change it via the display.  We are looking to have our tech on the line add the machine ID (which in numbers only).  This would allow us to add a password protected screen for them to add the ID and other info.  This would allow us to preload the program and tech not have to plug in with a computer on the line.