Answered

CAN Adapter connectivity issue

Cole Koster 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Vivek 6 years ago 3

I'm having difficulty connecting my PCAN adapter to IQAN 5.0 in order to flash my project onto an MC43. 

I've connected the PCAN adapter via USB to my computer and it is detected in the PCAN-View software (Drivers installed) but not IQAN. I have CAN selected in the communications window in IQAN, is there something else I am missing that is preventing detection?

Answered

Cout as digital Out

christophe 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

Hi,
I want to use an Current Out channel as Digital Out ( run out of channels )
Wich function can i use to convert the on/off signal to on= current @ 100% and 0=current @ 0%?

Answer

Use a dual channel:

You can use also both solenoids, but not at the same time. You need some interlocking, here is one way to do that:

Answered

G3 Blinking

Masia Jean-Baptiste 7 years ago updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

I have a problem with a IQan G3.
My customer have instaled the G3 in the system and the led GSM Blinking : two green led after one green Led and On red light. the blinking turn in round.

In the instruction book, it is write two blinking Initializing to a server and one blinking Connecting to a server.

Do you have an idea of the problem associated with blinking

Best regard

Under review

Numerical order sorting

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANanalyze updated 7 years ago 2

Is there a way to have the top messages and the filter list be sorted numerically.  It is painful having to search for the ID's you want to filter out. 
Image 900

Answered

How do I get back to IQANdesign 2.63 in an MD3 application from a later version , say 3.19 up to 5.0

Mark Kettel 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Forrest 6 years ago 2

Trouble getting an MD3 loaded with version 2.63 after  a later version of software has been loaded into the MD3, say 3.19 or later up to 5.0.

Answered

DOUT disabled in FG yet XC21 LED status light calls for DOUT open load

Pawel Pekala 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 6 years ago 3

We recently created a generic program to support multiple applications. Depending on machine configuration we enable/disable DOUTs via function groups to disable error messages on MD3 display. Although we do not receive any error messages on MD3 we do see that XC21 module calls for error code 1:1 DOUT open load. (IQANdesign 3.19.10)

Is there any way around this problem?

Thank you

Answered

Extract SA from J1939 Message?

Carl 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

Hi Guys,

How can extract the SA from a CAN message?

Traning

Gerrit van Bruggen 7 years ago 0
Answered

IQAN 5.0 Backwards Compatibility

Chris Litwin 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

What is the backwards compatibility of IQAN Design 5, IQAN Run 5, and IQAN Simulate 5? Also, are the previous versions going to continue to be supported?

Completed

Changing current output step size

Eric Metz 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

I would like to be able to change the step size of a Current Output channel's min and max settings while in IQANrun or from an MD4.  I have installations where the application has already been loaded to an MD4 and the system has tuned for the vessel.  I know I could change the step size using IQANdesign, and checking "Adjustable values" in the "Send Options" dialog box when loading the file, but then I will overwrite all of the other values that are set correctly.  In most situations, I would not be OK with doing this.  

I think I figured out a work around, but it is a little cumbersome:

1. Using IQANrun, get settings from MD4

2. Using IQANdesign, send application with updated step size, and check "Adjustable values" in the Send Options dialog box when loading application.

3. Using IQANrun, send previously saved settings to MD4

Please consider adding the ability to adjust step size from the MD4 or from within IQANrun