Answered

Display control channel - DCC in MD4?

Keith Boone 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

I have an application where the display backlight needs to be selected from a display page designed for the vehicle operator. The customer needs two selections only, which are DAY and NIGHT, for their operators.

The actual % levels for Day and Night will be set in the adjust groups which will be password protected with access only to their technicians.

In the IQAN Design manual, it references the “Display control channel – DCC” to control the display backlight.I can find this channel in the MD3, but it apparently does not exist in the MD4.

Is there a way to do this in the MD4-7?

Thanks

Answered

How many computers can I install the software on?

it630751 7 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

I have several computers that I use in the same shop. Can I install IQAN software on all of them?

Answered

joystick with double functions

christophe 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4

Hello,

i want to use the standard lc6 joystick for multiple functions.
Example:

If i want to adjust the cilinders on the left side of the blade, i press the rocker ( proportional ) down, then press forwards for the '1 left' function and then i move the joystick left or right to open or close the '1 left' function.

Witch function is the advise to use? the Q code could be an option i assume.

Thanks,

Kind Regards Christophe

Image 730

Not a bug

Multi Language Date and Time Display Issue

Luke Ricker 7 years ago updated 7 years ago 4

IQAN Design 4.06.12

MD4-7

With some languages, the system date and time fields won't display correctly.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Here's what it looks like in English:

Image 725

In Norwegian:

Image 726

In Dutch:

Image 727

Japanese works, though...:

Image 728

Thanks,

Luke,

Answered

disabling redundant J1939 joysticks?

Forrest 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 3

I use J1939 joysticks. In the past, each joystick required a dedicated program. This time around I am trying to cover all current and expected joystick options, then enable the correct one(s) in the settings.

It sort of works, but I still get errors on start-up saying the disabled ones are not connected.

I am using Design 4.04, and the C CAN network on an MD3 module for the joystick(s) and a J1939 switch-pad. I have the module enable with an IDC driven by an adjustment group setting and the software functional group enabled by the same IDC.

Completed

Ethernet IP range

Frank GUO 7 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

Hi,

Is it possible to expend the allowed IP addresses to all IP addresses not just intranet ones?

Regards,

Frank

Answered

MD3/IQAN Design Hour Meter Count Storeage

Mitch Houle 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

I ran into this issue a couple times where we have needed to switch out an MD3 for various reasons. We display an hour meter on the screen but the hours are lost durring the replacement. Does anyone know how a way to store it that it won't be lost durring a switch out to a new module, even if it is use a digital hourmeter and pull the info from it?

Completed

Software Compatability Protection

Rick 7 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

Maybe this is already in IQAN, but in that case I wouldn't know how: How to avoid the Service-guy from accidentally loading an incomptable version into a MC2/3/4?

Example. We have a 2017 machine with a "Chassis MC2". Next year we make the same machine, same "Chassis MC2", but with a different 2018 program. Because the machines look the same, it's easy to make a mistake and load the 2017 program into a 2018 machine, or vice-versa.

Would it be possible to define a certain "Program ID" or "Family" value in IQAN-Design? And then when uploading a newer version, to let IQAN check this tag first. If different, IQAN should warn (but still allow eventually if you are 100% sure).

Answered

G11 IQANsync Fail to connect via internet

Mitch Houle 7 years ago updated by cstreb01 2 years ago 9

I have started using the G11 for remote diagnostics on a basic level until the point I have a better grasp on using it. We just installed it on one of our "Problem Child" machines as long as the tech was there. This was to not only test the system at a further distance than our shop floor to the office but to help dianose any future issues they may have. I had my Tech connect and we tried to communicate (see below clip). From my understanding I have everything correct and the g11 is up to date. I can find no trouble shooting documentation as how to diagnose or fix this issue.

Image 722

Answer

I believe this is the same problem that i have run into and its caused from not allowing connectivity under the security screen.

One the left hand side go into the Security tab and then into root. (as shown)

And here is a screen shot of the settings that should allow you to connect to the system through the G11 at any time. Make sure to select "Always" on all 3 of the connectivity options.

Hope this helps!

Not a bug

IQAN DESIGN ISSUE 4.06 GROUP CANNOT MEASURE OR SIMULATE

jesse kilde 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

In one of my groups I have a lot of I/O and when i go to simulate or measure when running the machine it gives me an error (measure terminated: request rejected by master module. (too many items are requested at the same time.)) This is becoming an issue because the diagnostics i need to see are in this group. i can make a diagnostics page but there would be over 100 items on it. is there any way to change how much data the master can transmit.