Startup image not loaded by sending clone with IQAN run 3

Frank GUO 7 years ago in IQANrun updated 7 years ago 2

Startup image is not loaded after sending clone file to MD3 or MDL2 with IQAN run 3.

Completed

TSC1 Settings

ksilovich 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4

1)It would be nice to be able to set the TSC1 SA with an "Integer math".

When we configure a truck, our techs are given an option of engine type and then the program has an if statement that sets the SA with multiple TSC1 messages and engines.

I know you can now use an Integer Parameter, but that doesn't help me.

2) I would like to beable to control the "Use Checksum/counter" with a "Internal Digital" as we have some engines that require it on and other that require it off.

Completed

Greater resolution for trigonometric function

LPC 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 5

Is it possible to have an update on the trigonometric functions?

I want to calculate the distance between geographical coordinates, but for that I need great precision on values returned by sin, cos and atan functions.

It says the minimal input for those functions is 0.1 degree, but in order to compute a legitimate value, there shouldn't be a minimal value other than 0.

Thanks for the feedback

Answer
James A 7 years ago

Have you considered using small angle approximation?

sin(theta) ≈ theta (in radians)

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small-angle_approximation

James

Answered

Xc10 current controlled outputs

John Baldwin 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 1

Can the XC10 pwm outputs be also used as current controlled? I looked at the documentation for the cm3620 module (i believe the xc10 is a re branded cm3620) and it has current sensing on the low side outputs. Is it possible to do current control for the pwm outputs, or at least is there a way to read the current on these resistors so I could do my own in app current control?

Charging control ?

Krzysztof Bręk 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated 7 years ago 1

Hi

I wonder how to controling battery charging in iQAN Design. Should I use voltage input, where maximum voltage is 5V but from battery going 14,4 V. What should i do?

Display Pages in IQAN Run

Fred Bland 7 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 6 years ago 0

I'm working with an OEM that is interested in using IQANRUN to view the clone file of a machine to be used by their service department for troubleshooting. IQANRUN seems like a good choice as changes to the original program are not allowed. However, the issue that I have run into is the display pages are not shown in IQANRUN. The service department uses the display pages regularly to help their customers navigate to specific screens over the phone. Would it be possible to add in the display pages to IQANRUN? Another alternative would be to have an easy way of launching IQANSimulate to step through the displays?

Answered

Is there any way to write measure values onto a report while also displaying the values on a page?

Ed Warnick 7 years ago in IQANscript updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 3

As of right now, I must progress to the next script page to write a value onto a report. It would be nice to be able to loop report entries on a page.

Answered

FGI Calculation/Sample Time Question

Nick Pridham 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

If an FGI transitions through 3 layers of function groups then does it take 3 cycles for a root value to reach its final destination ?

In other words does the IQAN OS pass on all root values regardless of the calculation layers in one sample time?

Answered

Looking for way to reset the Integrate(operand) function

Dan Gray 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Joe 5 years ago 5

I'm trying to use the Integrate(operand) function in a math channel and I would like to be able to reset the function under some circumstances. The only way I can see to do this is to use several lines of qcode. For example:

A:= DerivativeOf(Positon)
B:= Reset
C:= Integrate(Abs(A)) //use absolute value to get total distance traveled
if C = 0 then
D1:=0 //D1 is the starting point
endif
D2:= C //D2 is the end point
D:= D2 - D1 //D is the distance traveled between resets
if B = true then
D1:= C
endif
Result:= D

Is there an easier way to reset the Integrate(operand) function? Perhaps the function could have one or two added arguments, for example Integrate(Operand1, Operand2, Operand3) where Operand 1 is the part to be integrated, Operand 2 is the reset channel, and Operand3 is the reset value?

Thanks,

Dan

Answered

Sending all settings of a Settings File to the controller without having user rights?

Gary Posey 7 years ago in IQANrun updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 1

May you suggest how a user with low rights may send a complete Settings File to a controller if he/she does not have high enough rights?

For example, An Adjust Items exist within an Adjust Group which requires Superuser level access. How may the designer permit changes to these Adjust Items to a user with low level access. These Adjust Items requires an expert to set, and I want to prevent incorrect data entry by a non-expert. I would like to provide this non-expert with a Expert prepared Settings File.