Fixed

Bad New Text Button Behavior

Lars Bolduc 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 month ago 11

Hello,

We use text buttons without text all over our systems.

We put transparent symbols in the buttons showing then what the button does.

In the latest update 6.06 you made the change: Automatic text on text button.

This put text all over all of the buttons in our programs.

Making all of our programs unusable.

We have migrated back to 6.05.19 but hope you will reconsider this change.

Image 2663

Regards,

Fixed

Symbol Button SVG

Roy den Drijver 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 4

Hello Everyone,

While making a HMI for our prototype machine using a MD4-5 I ran into an issue with the Symbol Button. The first image shows the display within IQANdesigns User Interface tab with the resulting output on the MD4-5 using IQANSimulate in the second image (with the black border). I also tried using the MD4-5 screen we have in house but the output is the same as the output while using IQANSimulate. I added two more images with some more information about the current configuration of the user interface and the configuration of one of the malfunctioning buttons.

I hope someone can show me what I am doing wrong or tell me if this is a bug with the Symbol Button and give me some suggestions for resolving the issue in a different way.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

Image 2658

Image 2660

Image 2661

Image 2662

Graphs and Variable Adjustment

chuck streb 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated 3 years ago 4

I would like to see graphs in IQANdesign while i adjust variables to optimize my control loops.

Is there an easy way to do this? without jumping between IQANrun and IQANDesign?

static variables use

chuck streb 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated 3 years ago 2

i would believe this code would move BeltVelFlt from var0 to var4 but i doesn't. I am missing something

Suggestions

static var0 := 0

static var1 := 0

static var2 := 0

static var3 := 0

static var4 := 0

var4 := var3

var3 := var2

var2 := var1

var1 := var0

var0 := BeltVelFlt

Result := (var0- var4)/4/glLoopTime

I have a question

claudio 3 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 2

Health At All How can I control a car relay with HS digital outputs, without having the circuit error interrupted with a MC43?

Image 2650

Image 2649

s-curve function

chuck streb 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated 3 years ago 4

i am writing a trajectory routine. i need smooth jerk, acceleration and velocity between two unknown locations. I monitor users requests. lots of articles refer to s-function. Is there anything like this here or any idea's.

My first thought was average function of size say 8. but looking for better

Thank you

Range label colors

NEricson 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 3 years ago 3

When setting the colors in a gauge, I see the ability to change the needle colors and size but not for the labels. I believe I have all the options set to something other than white but still have white labels? Can the label colors in a gauge be changed? 

Image 2640

Generic frame in channel (GFIN) reception issue

Paul Summers 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

Hello Folks,

Has anyone had issues with receiving 11bit messages on a 29 bit generic bus (application is written in 5.03)?

I have 3 messages that I know are being broadcast (here is a capture from a separate sniffer I used to verify);

Image 2625

But all three of the GFINs are not reading... I have tried entering the identifier in both decimal and hexadecimal without success;

Image 2626

Any ideas on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated!

Generic CAN Bus Frames Not Linking

Braidan Duffy 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 2

Hello! I am trying to get two generic CAN bus frames to link together in my project. One is inside of an external function group and is broadcasting a 2-byte message as a GFOUT channel. I have a CAN bus frame in channel (GFIN) inside the main project that is receiving that message and parsing it for a state machine. They share the same identifier, properties, bit offset, everything. However, whenever I simulate, the data is not shared between them. They are linked on the same Generic CAN bus module in the system diagram. Am I missing something?

Not a bug

Possible Bug - Physical Hardware Channels Not Disabled in External Function

Braidan Duffy 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated 3 years ago 3

Hello, I am using IQAN 6.05. I have several external functions that have Digital Output and Input channels within them that are not required for operation. Each instance of the external function is enabled/disabled during initialization, as needed. When used as internal function groups, the unassigned DOUT and DIN channels do not throw errors, as expected and required. However, when the same function groups are made external, and imported into the project, the errors appear - despite the instance of the external function group being disabled.

This hampers the ability for my code to function properly. Is there anyway this can be addressed or a fix/hack suggested?

Thank you.