Answered

J1939 code reader in 4.02 not working

Michael Carlyle 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Mark Walser 5 years ago 12

We have written our own code reader (DM1) for engine which works in 3.19 but when converted to 4.02 it does not read the PGN's and reads as false (not evaluated). The PGN's have always had a warning of "invalid Identifier" since Iqan 3 but still would read and worked fine. Now they are not evaluated. The PGN's are 65226, 60416, and 60160 and I believe are necessary for reading DM1 faults and BAM messaging.

Is there a change in 4.02 that would cause this? How do I get these to read?

usb connection problem with IQAN Run2

bk_hitech 8 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 2

The Equipment I work on uses both the MD3 or a MC2 module in our models and as a field tech I need to sometimes either update software due to changes or replace modules. 75% of the time when I try to connect to the modules using My USB cable it will not connect to the master module. I then go thru the ritual of crossing my fingers, rubbing My lucky rabbits foot and restarting My laptop, powering equipment down and up holding My right foot of the ground and then possibly it will connect. I have been told this is an issue with USB III ports on our Dell laptops as We did not have this issue with our previous laptops and we do not have this issue with our small tablets We use. Has anyone else run into this? If it is due to the USB III is there a driver patch or something?This issue is not isolated to one machine. I have never tried connecting on the CAN side if there is no fix for the USB is that possible to use for programming? Thanks

How To Modify I Pulse

Carl Worthington 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Zach Dockter 8 years ago 1

Hi Guys,

New to IQAN so please be kind lol.

I normally write in CodeSys.

I have a pulse input in to a MD4-7. I want to now take that pulse and modify it with an adjust group I have to create a modified pulse that I can then read with a gauge.

I have the pulse in, I have the adjust group, what do I use to read these?

Answered

Log size

Richard Staite 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 4

Can anyone advise how big a log record is (analogue values) so that I can determinate the capacity of the logging memory in terms of number of records. Is all of the 64MB available for logging or is some reserved for system logs?

Completed

Customized IQANRun on IPad

Frank GUO 8 years ago in IQANrun updated by Arno Heeren 7 years ago 3

Is there any plan to have a customized IQANRun on iPad? Like the customized version on windows.

Answered

New Here, Image Questions

Carl Worthington 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 1

Hi All,

Is there any way to import a single image and rotate it on a MD4-7? Othere than creating multipal images at different rottions?

Answered

axis camera 4.01

Richard 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 2

I have a potential application where I would need to display streams from 2 axis cameras. One will be a visual light unit and the other will be a thermal imaging unit. I guess I will need to use a POE switch to connect the units to a screen. Has anyone tried this type of set up?

Also the visual light camera has a zoom function - how could this be controlled via IQAN?

Log MC3

Masia Jean-Baptiste 8 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 6

Hello

This is my système

Image 389

In my log fil, i have toow calculateur

Coffret démarrage log = MD3

Coffret électrique log = MC3

Image 390

Image 391

Image 392

When the Log MC3 is full, the MD3 not saved the news erreur yet the log full behavior is put on Continue logging.

In the help his write :

Continue logging makes the log delete its oldest records to make room for newer. Use this option if it is more important to see the latest events.

Why my news erreurs is not saved ?

Thank you for you help !

Best regard

Answered

restoring from a backup file

Richard Staite 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 5

Help!!!

I have been working all morning on a sequential application and on doing a save - Iqandesign has completely frozen and eventually crashed windows!

Unfortunately I made the fatal error of not pressing the save button frequently enough and so the only live file on my machine is the one I started with at 8.30 this morning!!

There is a backup file which appears to be from just before the crash but when I try to open it Iqan is telling me that it was made by a previous version of Iqandesign 4

Is there any way of finding out which version and is it possible to download older versions - I can't find them on the parker website - only the latest version.

In IQAN design how do I select from a joystick input or potentiometer input to drive a the same current output

tcelectronics 8 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 2

I'm trying to select from two different inputs to drive the one output, using a joystick for travel mode input and a potentiometer for sweep mode input. IAny ideas or any programming examples.